Honda Leasing question

wattaman

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Agree 100% all I'm saying is to have a bike, the time you most enjoy riding is when you want to not when you have to

I'm in Rob's shoes... Bike and a Car... 

When I need to nip somewhere nearby (and its not raining !)... I use the bike, but I still 'gear up' and wear gloves, a bike jacket and full face helmet  I omit the boots and kevlar jeans, the bike (155cc scooter) also has ABS. I prefer not to use the bike at night time too... 

My Son never has (and never will) go on the bike with me... my Wife has, but only very close by.

Ultimately - whenever riding the bike additional risk is the payoff for convenience.

We were without a Car for a few weeks last month (while waiting on delivery of our new car)... we relied on UBER, Grab and regular taxi's.... it was a pain in the backside - a car, even in central Bangkok is still a great convenience. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm in Rob's shoes... Bike and a Car... 

When I need to nip somewhere nearby (and its not raining !)... I use the bike, but I still 'gear up' and wear gloves, a bike jacket and full face helmet  I omit the boots and kevlar jeans, the bike (155cc scooter) also has ABS. I prefer not to use the bike at night time too... 

My Son never has (and never will) go on the bike with me... my Wife has, but only very close by.

Ultimately - whenever riding the bike additional risk is the payoff for convenience.

We were without a Car for a few weeks last month (while waiting on delivery of our new car)... we relied on UBER, Grab and regular taxi's.... it was a pain in the backside - a car, even in central Bangkok is still a great convenience. 

Which is clearly what I'm saying or did you not understand my post?

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea there are times that a car is the best option but in my life a bike is far better. I can wait for rain to pass if need be. But there is almost always traffic. I just notice that hopping around in a 20km radius it all goes better with a bike.

I agree with you, a bike is very convenient. We live in Khon Kaen our house is just outside the ring road. For local runs I always take my bike , much more convenient than the car. But for longer distances we always take the car. If I lived in BKK I might think the same as you since most of your runs will be with in the city, and if I needed a car for longer runs rent one.

Back on the thread subject.  We have owned two cars in Thailand but we paid cash for both of them so I am not familiar with car financing in Thailand.

I have read a lot of the replies in this interesting Thread and it is still unclear to me if the OP has purchased the car and has financed a portion of it with Honda financing, or if he is leasing it from Honda. (didn't know that leasing was available in Thailand).

If he purchased but is financing part of it, the car is his to do as he likes as long as he makes the payments, If he is leasing the car belongs to Honda and he needs to maintained in accordance with the leasing agreement since they will be getting the car back at the end of the lease.

In both instances certain periodic maintenance has to be accomplished to keep the warranty in force, 

for instance if you did not change the oil as specified and the engine failed, they can claim that the failure was as a consequence of your failure to maintain and not from any defect  in their manufacture.

One of the biggest misstakes i ever made was not asking the dealers Mb and Bmw about who paid for the service etc. I leased an Mb 180Ngt but could have had an Bmw 330 for same price. Bmw payed all Service but Mb i had to pay. Add up about 100 euro per month :)

On 3/12/2018 at 5:18 AM, sead said:

One of the biggest misstakes i ever made was not asking the dealers Mb and Bmw about who paid for the service etc. I leased an Mb 180Ngt but could have had an Bmw 330 for same price. Bmw payed all Service but Mb i had to pay. Add up about 100 euro per month :)

Ah, Mercedes Benz. Here they are prestige cars. In Europe, they're taxis.

• Haha 1