Man whose book about life in Thai jail is now a film to miss premiere - because he is in prison

rooster59

Man whose book about life in Thai jail is now a film to miss premiere - because he is in prison

By Lynda Roughley

JS76822927.jpg

A Prayer Before Dawn - Billy Moore turns book about his time in Bangkok prison into film

A Liverpool boxer, whose autobiographical novel about his time in Thai prisons has been made into a major film, is to miss its premiere - because he was jailed again today.

Billy Moore wrote “A Prayer Before Dawn” which has been transferred to the screen by Hurricane Films and played at the prestigious Cannes Festival.

It tells how while in prison in Thailand he was allowed to take part in the Muay Thai boxing tournaments into which “he throws himself to preserve his life and regain his freedom.”

But 45-year-old Moore, who has battled addiction demons for years, is now back behind bars after admitting burgling a neighbour’s home - three times on the same day - and stealing items including jewellery.

Full story: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-whose-book-life-thai-14330825

Liverpool ECHO: 2018-02-25

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, faraday said:

And alcoholics.....?

Or do you suppose that there might be more to addiction, than being 'selfish'.

And yet again the alcohol comes up in a dicussion about illegal drugs. 

Time for all posters hera to get a grip on reality. There are illegal drugs. You know as in this case, things people have to go to jail for. Alcohol is not one of them.
Not trying to defend alcohol as better or more safe, but it´s very tragic that it has to come up every time there is talk about illegal drugs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Began to read the book and gave up soon after starting it as it contains many things "errors". For example, it is impossible for newly hatched cockroaches to pass through into the human inner ear, as he portrays happened to another prisoner.  He reports that a third prisoner and himself released the cockroaches by cutting the back of the ear so the insects could escape their imprisonment.  Just saying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do find that angle to be annoying :

What they should say is : He thoroughly enjoyed his years taking *whatever he was taking* and that was all he cared about , took the drugs because he selfishly enjoyed being stoned 

I like that attitude.  Want to take hard drugs, and ruin your body, your life, and that of the people who care about you, fine, we're not going to stop you.   Just save us the whiny "I'm a victim" and "addiction is a disease" BS. I don't wish him ill and hope he manages to turn his life around, but just accept responsibility for your choices.

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do find that angle to be annoying :

What they should say is : He thoroughly enjoyed his years taking *whatever he was taking* and that was all he cared about , took the drugs because he selfishly enjoyed being stoned 

You really have no idea at all do you.  Have you ever heard of a Google search...or are facts just all science fiction to you as well??