Gun lobby pushes back on Trump's gun plans after Florida shooting

webfact

6 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

"I really believe, you don’t know until you’re tested, but I really believe I’d run in even if I didn’t have a weapon."

He has been tested - 2008 interview with radio host Howard Stern

• “In other words, if you cut your finger and there's blood pouring out, I'm gone.”
  • "So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, 'Oh my God, that's disgusting,' and I turned away," said Trump. "I couldn't, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn't want to touch him ... he's bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible"

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/26/politics/donald-trump-guns/index.html

Trump is not a Super Hero but a Super Zero.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Wouldn't that be controlled by the Nigerian government?

Shell's largest contributions are through the taxes and royalties they pay to the government. It is the government who decides funding priorities and likely local communities are not its top priority unless there's a political or financial benefit.

I would say that you may be somewhat correct although wouldn't Shell be able to build a school here and a hospital there for the locals ...  also, they promised to clean up any spills and years on it's an absolute disaster ... just oil laying everywhere ... there was a documentary on SBS recently.  Anyway,  back to the topic ,  just pointing out that decisions whether from Shell about cleaning up the environment or NRA gun control or Pfizer releasing a cheap drug,  it's all about $$$$  .. greedy companies, lobby groups, CEO's.  They don't give a hoot about human suffering ..  !! 

May make sense. A government arms its police and military against threats, and of course I know the difference.  
With good training, I think it's an idea worth exploring, and just may provide a sufficient deterrent to dissuade some lunatics. Who knows? 

People who carry out school shootings, or any shottings against unarmed others, are cowards, and if they know there will be resistance they just may not go ahead.

It may not be practical, but unless it's canvassed, we'll never know.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How about arming the armed forces (army navy seals etc..) with teaching material and get them to teach ?

If it is that dangerous in US schools ... you need teachers who have the right skill set ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

It's a badly written article.  Who is Dana Loesch?  The article doesn't say.  Is she a passer-by on the sidewalk?

NRA is a danger to the US.  Gun addiction is a disease, and like body riven by life-threatening disease, it's extremely difficult to remedy.  The US is stuck with its gun addicts.  To try and fix parts of the grave problem (pun intended) would entail shoot-outs with gun addicts.  Very messy.

Listening to Trump's suggestions is like listening to a 5 year old overseeing complicated surgery on a dying patient.  Even his fellow right wingers are laughing at Trump.  He's idiocy personified.

Dana Loesch is an American conservative political activist and commentator. She is a talk radio host, author, and spokesperson for the National Rifle Association. Wikipedia

• Like 1

Remember the Tommy Gun made famous by the Mob in the 1920s.

That's right a Tommy Gun. No one would have thought of calling it a Tommy Rifle because it wasnt a Rifle..

Calling an assault weapon or semi like the AR15 a "Rifle"  was a just a ploy by the NRA and the gun manufactures to get round the 2nd Amendment. It, and others like it, are hand- held machine guns.

tommy-gun.jpg.8f07e2f2e871a854cb2089a07e17fab8.jpg

Thompson submachine gun - Wikipedia

The Thompson submachine gun is an American submachine gun, invented by John T. Thompson in 1918, that became infamous during the Prohibition era, becoming a signature weapon of various organized crime syndicates in the United States. It was a common sight in the media of the time, being used by both law ...

• Like 1

On February 26, 2018 at 7:47 PM, riclag said:

Where is morality in America. There was a time in America (70's) that you could get a Sears catalog and buy a wide assortment of weapons.There was once a time you could walk out of a  department store and not have bells and whistles be set off. There was a time when people didn't have to lock their house doors. There was a time you could safely leave  your car windows open . There was a time when children could have Halloween trick or treat house to house without parents accompanying them.There was a time when you could just go to the gate of a airport without going through all the security.

Now we live in a generation that has a new term to deal with SOFT TARGET.

I made a suggestion that is the simplest thing to do to start to achieve the Ultimate goal, post 54. 

There was a time like that, probably the mid 1950's. In fact you used to be able to get on a domestic flight in the USA and buy your ticket on board with a credit card. But times change, and keep changing.

Since the early 1960's the population of the planet has doubled, and brings with it many more problems for us all to deal with. Remember, the only constant is change. You either change and move with the times, or get stuck back in what you think you are comfortable with....but you are not growing and are doomed to keep making the same mistakes over and over, and think you are moving forward. Myopic.

• Confused 1

On 27/2/2561 at 6:44 PM, rvaviator said:

How about arming the armed forces (army navy seals etc..) with teaching material and get them to teach ?

If it is that dangerous in US schools ... you need teachers who have the right skill set ?

So, teachers have to go to gun and weapon training, strategy training, get 'gun' certified before they can teach normal subject and 4 times a year they're not available to teach normal subjects because they have to attend a one day / four day retraining and re-certification, meaning that schools need many more replacement teachers who also need to have up-to-date gun certification.

Or perhaps to hone their skills we could have target practice facilities in all schools with, for reality, cardboard cutouts of all typical students.  

What total madness! Only in the USA!

I was sickened by the sight of Marco Rubio opposing any talk of gun control and going on at great lengths about the various warning signs about the mental health of the student shooter in Florida .

But the real problem is that he and others, who have had no indications  of  mental problems, can go into a shop and buy an assault weapon and carry out multiple murders.

At least limiting the age to 21 years is a modest start and could prevent many killings but the NRA and their lackeys oppose even this.

• Like 1