Alcohol sales banned on Makha Bucha Day

webfact

3 hours ago, taiping said:

What's "sterilise" mean? Alcohol kills all known germs.

Not true, as you may ( or may not ) discover. And I think it would be better for taiping's health if he/she used a glass or ceramic ( which is also a form of glass ) container. In my humble opinion, of course.

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

After a couple of glasses in Saudi I could not see the bottle at 20 paces.......:crazy:

Umm, sometimes I used to walk 20 or more paces just to reach the bottle....which was three to four paces away, to my right, to my left, to my...over there.

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2017 at 8:17 PM, tomwct said:

England has an extradition agreement with Thailand, so if Thailand requests extradition she'll be returning home!

On 16/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, Jingthing said:

Well, you don't know how badly he had to go and also they were stuck in traffic in the middle of the road. So he's supposed to leave his taxi holding his possessions and walk to the side of the road? Seems risky. Obviously, society needs some social norms and he broke them, but this isn't exactly the crime of the century. 

On 04/03/2017 at 5:04 PM, Jeremy50 said:

The time to have the time of your life is in your 20's, you then won't regret that you didn't for the rest of your life, and end up trying to 'make up for lost time' as a sex-pat in a third world country popping erection pills with seedy prostitutes. 

On 17/10/2017 at 3:43 PM, wirat69 said:

What do you drink on the beach if it isn’t Chang or Leo... some unhealthy sugary drinks?? Get real... remember that fish sh*t in the water!!

On 13/11/2017 at 9:14 AM, uhuh said:

the other members of the committee threaten to write an anouncement that he is no longer a committee member and publish it in the elevator. 

If they do this,  what's a good way to deal with it? 

He doesn't want to resign,  but he doesn't want to enter a law suit either

On 31/12/2017 at 10:22 AM, connda said:

Yeah, it's incredibly suicidal behavior which seems to have a cultural component.  I've never seen vehicles merge onto a thoroughfare without looking anywhere else I've driven in the world.  Sure, occasionally you'll see someone do it in a Western country, and you think to yourself, "Wow, that was stupid and if a cop was around he'd be getting a ticket."  Here in Thailand pulling out without looking is the norm.  And when it happens, who is that most at risk?  Motorcycle riders.  I can only imagine the amount of carnage that is caused by just this one example of highly dangerous driving behavior that is standard here in Thailand.  Failing to either stop or yield at intersections and then turning onto the main roads without even a glance at oncoming traffic.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thanks for that information. I'll stock up Wednesday.  

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thanks for that information. I'll stock up Wednesday.  

Do not be fooled, this is only a cover for the celebration of St Davids Day, 

patron saint of Wales, to stop too many Welshmen getting drunk,??????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, taiping said:

Looks like I might have to go back to making my own Chateau D'Plasticbucket which costs around 300 baht for 5 L to make, using supermarket grape juice. Result not bad but a little cloudy near the bottom of the bucket, but by that time who cares?

...or pick up a box of long necks Wednesday night.

But sir, that Chateau du seau en plastique sounds 'fascinant'!  :burp:

3 hours ago, taiping said:

What's "sterilise" mean? Alcohol kills all known germs.

Mainly yes.  But.  Before you get alcohol, you have a bucket full of sugar & yeast (and some other stuff for flavour & trace elements), a lot can go wrong at that stage if the equipment isn't properly sterilised. 

6 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Perhaps my village is no longer in Thailand. Sure as birds fly I will be able to buy any local booze from any local shop on Thursday. Just not Tesco or 7-11 which we dont have in my village anyway.

I remember being in LoS trying to buy a 6 pack of Beer on one of the Buddha days ,  we finally walked into a small mom and pop shop where an old Thai bloke was there on his own, he happily sold us anything alcoholic we wanted.  My mate Dave asked him  "what happens if police" ?

The old Thai shopkeeper answered  "what they do me ?   I die soon"  555

4 hours ago, taiping said:

Ah, good, another wine expert. My knowledge comes from my days in "dry" Kuwait. In fact I do syphon off the wine a couple of times into a 5 L glass jar. Result is (almost) crystal clear at 20 paces.

I make ginger beer, works out around 200b for 15lts and is around 4.5% Might try the grape juice wine.

11 hours ago, taiping said:

Looks like I might have to go back to making my own Chateau D'Plasticbucket which costs around 300 baht for 5 L to make, using supermarket grape juice. Result not bad but a little cloudy near the bottom of the bucket, but by that time who cares?

Ha ha, your post took me back to Saudi Arabia 1970!

Beer was brewed in plastic dustbins from home brew kits smuggled in.

Cloudy, cloudy, the question was, is there alcohol in it!

Not a drop was wasted, though quite a few drinkers were!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, taiping said:

One of the best posts yet ,now !,where do you get the yeast? .

Couldn't a bar sell tickets in advance for entrance to a 'private party'?  Once in, the bar owner could provide alcohol for his / her guests for free. Thus not selling alcohol.

But I suppose the Thai authorities don't tolerate smug b  trds  exploiting loopholes in the law.

7 hours ago, tanner said:

One of the best posts yet ,now !,where do you get the yeast?

I used bakers yeast from the supermarket. No doubt the wine experts will insist on brewers yeast, but what the heck, I can assure you it looks like wine and tastes like wine and gives the required buzz. Never a problem with the brew going bad.These days inertia has taken over and I just order 10 L of Mont Clair from Tesco Lotus with a delivery charge of 60 baht. They probably use a similar method without the plastic bucket -- or do they? Maybe I should demand royalty payments.

On 26/02/2018 at 1:40 PM, Kimber said:

I remember being in LoS trying to buy a 6 pack of Beer on one of the Buddha days ,  we finally walked into a small mom and pop shop where an old Thai bloke was there on his own, he happily sold us anything alcoholic we wanted.  My mate Dave asked him  "what happens if police" ?

The old Thai shopkeeper answered  "what they do me ?   I die soon"  555

Just go to the 7/11 any, in Jomtien and it seems like they either pay big, or not care.?

Maybe Buddha days are different, but.... 

You can buy beer, alcohol etc. Any afternoon during curfew hours. 

And most goes straight to the beach. 

Farang or Thai.