International tourism generates almost 200 billion baht revenue in first month of 2018

webfact

International tourism generates almost 200 billion baht revenue in first month of 2018

By Thai PBS

D71E711E-CA98-4832-8DE9-EF6EDB5C062F.jpe

Thailand’s tourism industry continues to shine this year with tourism revenue generated from foreign tourists visiting the country in the first month of 2018 surging to almost 200 billion baht.

Over 3.54 million international tourists visited the country in January this year, an increase of 10.8% over the same month last year.

According to the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, out of the 3.54 million foreign visitors coming in the first month of this year, 2.14 million were from East Asia, over  900,000 from Europe, and 811,000 from the United States, South Asia, Oceania, Middle East, and Africa.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/international-tourism-generates-almost-200-billion-baht-revenue-first-month-2018/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-26

5 minutes ago, missoura said:

I'm confused. How do 3.54 million tourists generate 200 billion Baht?

It means each tourist on average spends about 56,000 Baht. That's what they want isn't it?

High quality tourists.

Those Chinese tourists are the new billionaires. They have lots of money to spend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

yes the gourmet market in the new Bluport mall here in Hua Hin is packed with up scale tourists, mostly Chinese.

Hua Hin is booming with tourists. The train station is some times loaded with Chinese families.

Bangkok Chinese New Year was same same.

No, no, they are being too modest: the real figures (which they will reveal next month) are  that several TRILLION tourists visited Thailand in the first 8 weeks and that they brought BILLIONS OF TRILLIONS of baht into the Thai economy.

Let's be accurate here - and not undersell our unique tourism greatness!

• Haha 1

I wont spend another high season here untill the chinese are gone.

What a rat race. I am not predjudice but those buses and there style of travel just ruin this place.

I much prefer the fat euro lady on the sun bed at the beach over a bus loads of chinese.  I bet 2 fat lady spent more than 20 chinese in the local economy.not the chinese owned one.

Not against chinese. They are not my issue its the style of there tourism.the pack mentallity. The bus the guide the whole thing makes me cringe.

38 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

I wont spend another high season here untill the chinese are gone.

What a rat race. I am not predjudice but those buses and there style of travel just ruin this place.

I much prefer the fat euro lady on the sun bed at the beach over a bus loads of chinese.  I bet 2 fat lady spent more than 20 chinese in the local economy.not the chinese owned one.

Not against chinese. They are not my issue its the style of there tourism.the pack mentallity. The bus the guide the whole thing makes me cringe.

I don't like Chinese tourists.

Nowhere.

Uncouth lot!

• Like 1

Times are definitely a changing here in the LOS's

Just back from Colombia and had forgotten what it was like to rent a bike and head out and not see one tourist!

To ride the mountain roads almost alone brought back fond memories of Thailand and Vietnam in the North. Years gone by.

Stop in a local restaurant and get stares from the locals. Talking to the locals, and having a wonderful time.

I had forgotten what a truly wonderful place Thailand once was for travel and adventure.