Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

9 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

I don't believe the gofundme is a scam. It just paints then in a completely false light. They aren't honest women who are the epitome of life or whatever nonsense people were writing about them on there. 

I think they're two dishonest women with the common sense of a goldfish. They wrongly thought they would be able to scam some low level worker in a money exchange in Thailand. Well done to the worker for not allowing this to happen. If they serve time there is no sympathy for their reckless stupidity. 

Whatever you're opinion of these two women are (that you don't know in any regards) is exactly that, only you're opinion. It will never change my view--nor all of their family, friends and loved ones. In hindsight none of us could care what you think about the people we actually know. I can only think that if one of your friends or family didn't  do something you agree with, they will still be a part of your heart. Perhaps not. I for one am not heartless. You're allowed to have you're opinion but finally someone said the gofundme is not a scam. ? We will leave the investigation, lawyer and judge to decide what should be the penalty. 

• Like 2

On 27.2.2018 at 11:26 AM, lovelomsak said:

Odd huh. 

American women find fake American money on the street in Thailand. Just happened to be American cash not Thai, Russian, Chinese etc.

I  quess american's find American money on the street other countries probably only find their countries fake money on the street also.

Appears some people have no pride will ask for money for anything. And apparently way more than they even need. Make cash from a crime seems to be the standard now

Make cash, no matter how... Nowadays it's called Neoliberalism. Make money, the more the better, the more you make the more successful you are. When you are rich you are without fault in this capitalist world.

4 minutes ago, Makara said:

Whatever you're opinion of these two women are (that you don't know in any regards) is exactly that, only you're opinion. It will never change my view--nor all of their family, friends and loved ones. In hindsight none of us could care what you think about the people we actually know. I can only think that if one of your friends or family didn't  do something you agree with, they will still be a part of your heart. Perhaps not. I for one am not heartless. You're allowed to have you're opinion but finally someone said the gofundme is not a scam. ? We will leave the investigation, lawyer and judge to decide what should be the penalty. 

But you do understand that we do not know the girls and we are not family , so, we are not blinded by family/friendship loyalty .

We are viewing this from a neutral perspective .

The fact that they posted on facebook about finding the money , just before they got caught , suggests to me that the reason why they posted that they found the money on F/B , was a prelude to the sca.........situation .

"Oh, look, we just found $1000 , how lucky"

"Oh no, it was fake money" 

"Help, we didnt know"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Make cash, no matter how... Nowadays it's called Neoliberalism. Make money, the more the better, the more you make the more successful you are. When you are rich you are without fault in this capitalist world.

It was found in Cambodia fyi

• Confused 1

Just now, sanemax said:

But you do understand that we do not know the girls and we are not family , so, we are not blinded by family/friendship loyalty .

We are viewing this from a neutral perspective .

The fact that they posted on facebook about finding the money , just before they got caught , suggests to me that the reason why they posted that they found the money on F/B , was a prelude to the sca.........situation .

"Oh, look, we just found $1000 , how lucky"

"Oh no, it was fake money" 

"Help, we didnt know"

You just loooooove to speculate. I am pretty sure we already went over what the deffintion of what speculation means. 

1 minute ago, Makara said:

You just loooooove to speculate. I am pretty sure we already went over what the deffintion of what speculation means. 

Not really. They broke the law and got arrested.

You are on here asking for money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Makara said:

That was not speculation :

They did indeed post on Facebook that they found the money in Cambodia , they did indeed then post that they tried to change that money  and it was fake money and they did indeed ask for people to help them .

Those are facts , no speculation . 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

That was not speculation :

They did indeed post on Facebook that they found the money in Cambodia , they did indeed then post that they tried to change that money  and it was fake money and they did indeed ask for people to help them .

Those are facts , no speculation . 

You have made it sound as if they planted the posts. Get out of here with that.

11 hours ago, amykat said:

Before they do that, why don't you tell us what were you in jail for?  what were your court dates, how much bail did you pay, how much were your bribes,  your lawyer fees, how was your jail experience, since you know so damn much why don't you share that with us so we can learn a few things????

As you did ask , and as it was a Court case in CM , making it relevant to this thread, here goes :

I wasnt in jail , although I did go through the judiciary process .

I had a disagreement with someone and ended up breaking someones door , fair enough, I did it and was prepared to get it fixed .

The next day the Police came knocking on my door , as I was still hungover, I didnt answer the door .

That afternoon , I went out to a bar to watch football , as my team were playing .

Sat in the bar watching the game and the Police arrived , asking me to accompany them to the station for a chat .

I said that I would , when the game had finished and I offered to by them all a drink, so we could all watch football together and then go to the Police station for a chat .

I got handcuffed and bundled into the Police car and got taken to the Police station "If its a bribe you want , tell me how much and I will pay now" , I said to them .

Spent the night in a cell .

Next day got  visit from the Police .

They said that they would charge me with : Criminal damage , trespass , avoiding arrest , resisting arrest , lying to Police officers , attempted bribery of a police officer , abusing a police officer .

And they said that I was looking at three years in jail .

Apart from lying to police , I was guilty of all the other charges .

They took me to one side and made me an offer :

"We will drop all the serious charges , attempted bribery etc , if you pleaded guilty to the minor charges and you will go to Court tomorrow , get a fine and then go home , OR you can plead not guilty to everything and fight the case from jail on remand"

I went to Court the next day , plead guilty to all charges (criminal damage , trespass and abuse of police) and got a 3000 Baht fine and a suspended six month jail sentence and went home that evening.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Makara said:

You have made it sound as if they planted the posts. Get out of here with that.

That is my opinion , reason being that if you find U.S.$1000 , you do not tell everyone on public media about it .

Reason being that the person who that money belonged to could claim it .

You cannot "find" money , if you see money on the street and take it, that is theft

If you find something laying on the street and you pick it up and take it, you are stealing it .

No one is going to post on social media about "finding " a large amount of money .

Had they known it was fake money and knew that its then O.K to take and that the rightful owner wouldnt claim it .

As there has been no confirmation that they were arrested or even tried to change that money up , I still doubt whether they even tried to change that money up and doubt that they even got arrested

On 3/2/2018 at 10:48 PM, amykat said:

So post your name, address, photo and they will come to your house and discuss it??  You are making these accusations so why don't make them in person and stop hiding here?  Are you really so stupid that you expect them to fork over their personal information like that to a pack of anonymous biased wackos on the internet??

Who do you think you guys are to make such demands??  Give me your credit card number ...because I want it!

Let me see your medical records because I want to confirm you are sane before we continue this discussion. Please post your entire life's medical history after you do your name, address, photo and credit card ..okay??

Thank you!!!

apples and oranges.

11 hours ago, amykat said:

You "used to like what I said" but don't now?  What ever I said is still valid as it was based on reason and logic even if you don't like what I said here. I can accept you don't like what I said here but that does not make what I said before before invalid. Perhaps you are feeling that is more a personal attack then what I meant.  Perhaps not being female you don't see how biased this forum is and how anti-Western women specifically. I have been hearing this for over a decade as if I am a black and in a KKK forum but you would not realize that of course!! 

This poster has a history of a very anti female point of view and I am familiar with it, so I am responding in kind, I hope you don't mind me defending my gender from time to time as I have some personal feeling in that area. This whole thread I feel has had a particular bias that was anti female, and if I am wrong, then I am, but I was mostly right, about every single thing I wrote about here from the very start!!   I went against the grain so who is to say I am wrong about this?  I almost always take a different path on there ...so what is new??  I believe what I wrote and if you are honest with yourself or go back through old threads, I think you will find what I said is true.  People are not often aware of their biases or what is driving them.

Note to self:

How does one explain the difference between being anti-feminism (feminism being built on myth and half truths to what is now quite often considered a supremacist toxic movement) and being anti-female.

I am the former not the latter.

But, don't let the truth get in front of good rant.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

apples and oranges.

I failed to see the logic .

The basis of what She was saying is that why should the Girls provide any evidence that they had been arrested , because other posters have not provided details of themselves .

This thread is about the Girls who allegedly got arrested and so proof of that is relevant to this story .

Other posters personal details are not relevant to this story .

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Do you have to do border runs if you are jailed in Thailand. This might actually be a good deal. Lol

To add insult to injury, jailed foreigners aren't usually given any opportunity to update their visas and thus eventually become guilty of overstaying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

To add insult to injury, jailed foreigners aren't usually given any opportunity to update their visas and thus eventually become guilty of overstaying.

That isnt correct .There are provisions made if you are in jail or hospital

5 hours ago, Makara said:

Thanks for your words and all you have expressed. All I hear is crickets now! Hmmmm

Yeah, I have to say that I'm surprised by the intense scrutiny the case has received, the animosity and judgement. 

There is a strangely hostile reaction to the girls.

As I said earlier, there are a lot of people ready to throw the first stone.

People are going onto the Facebook pages of the womens friends and family to antagonize them.

The court of Thai Visa has found them guilty, passed judgement and delivered punishment to strangers on the other side of the world.

In the States they call that a lynch mob, I'm sure there is probably a Thai phrase for the same phenomena.

• Like 2