Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

That would depend on whether the source of those reports comes from their GFM page or whether they are independent reports

Do post the other two links, so that we can see the source of those stories

Non-biased journalists (real journalists--there is rules you know) do not report stories based on one source or a bunch of "hearsay". You  are being ridiculous. They were arrested. For two people to have no criminal background, to you thinking they made all this up, then plotted to post this on social media (fb) just to start a gofundme (where family, friends and loved ones are donating--mostly) is beyond words. Quite honestly you are not being fair or rational. 

7 hours ago, Makara said:

Non-biased journalists (real journalists--there is rules you know) do not report stories based on one source or a bunch of "hearsay". You  are being ridiculous. They were arrested. For two people to have no criminal background, to you thinking they made all this up, then plotted to post this on social media (fb) just to start a gofundme (where family, friends and loved ones are donating--mostly) is beyond words. Quite honestly you are not being fair or rational. 

If the US local paper that the Coconuts report was based on had actually done some investigation they would have realized that Sihanoukville is located in Cambodia not Thailand. 

The reason for the mistake is that this info came from an interview with the boyfriend. He said this in an update and also that he cancelled a TV interview after advice from a lawyer. 

7 hours ago, Makara said:

Non-biased journalists (real journalists--there is rules you know) do not report stories based on one source or a bunch of "hearsay"

Apart from their home town journalist , who reported on this story from the otherside of the world (and without even speaking to the girls, as they were supposedly in jail) , which other journalist has reported on this ? I previously gave you the contact details of CM local newspaper and you said that you would contact them and tell them about this story . What became of that ?

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

The "venom " from the girls camp , along with the FB death threats , has been just as, if not more severe than the questionners

Please.

A person attacked by anonymous strangers fights back and you call foul?

You're actually reasoning that being hostile to attackers who deliberately set out to punish and harass someone in distress, who  has nothing to do with the incident, is a more severe offense than the attack? 

I believe you are, as the British say, "Taking the Piss".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

@Makara this is exactly the issue and one of the very reasons that this thread has the theme it has.

Please think logically about your own statement quoted above and then ask yourself why is it that none of the Thai or US national media have reported this at all, perhaps because they have investigated and found there is nothing to report?

I will add, in fairness to the girls, that this also does work in their favour scam wise, as if the national media did investigate and found nothing to report, then it also means that in their opinion they found no scam to report either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smx1313 said:

Please.

A person attacked by anonymous strangers fights back and you call foul?

You're actually reasoning that being hostile to attackers who deliberately set out to punish and harass someone in distress, who  has nothing to do with the incident, is a more severe offense than the attack? 

I believe you are, as the British say, "Taking the Piss".

I havent "attacked" anyone though .

Some people feel that disagreeing with them , is "attacking" them .

I am just discussing the subject matter and I have no intention and havent punished or harassed anyone .

My point was that I have received more abuse than I have given .

Anyway, lets not get into a petty squabble and lets stick to the subject matter

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Makara said:

Sanemax (and others) have tried to say that they believe the ladies have made up finding money, planting that statement on fb, pretending to be arrested in Thailand, only because they could start a gofundme to scam people out of their money. Just for one second, think about that insane speculation. Now maybe this could happen easily in Thailand--IDk--but what I do know is it is close to impossible for that to happen in this situation. And really, why would anyone put themselves through this kind of scrutiny? 

US $150 000 ?

Why would it be impossible to happen ?

Edited by sanemax
addition

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

Sanemax (and others) have tried to say that they believe the ladies have made up finding money, planting that statement on fb, pretending to be arrested in Thailand, only because they could start a gofundme to scam people out of their money. Just for one second, think about that insane speculation. Now maybe this could happen easily in Thailand--IDk--but what I do know is it is close to impossible for that to happen in this situation. And really, why would anyone put themselves through this kind of scrutiny?

What kind of scrutiny? Are you talking about all the theorising on this forum? Besides here, who else is scrutinising them?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Be specific.

I am trying to figure out why you only narrowed in on the word scrutiny from my last post, and nothing else. It seems useless to be specific and argue my points with you. They have been scrutinized from strangers from various places on various social medias. Across the board means exactly that, from every angle. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Makara said:

I am trying to figure out why you only narrowed in on the word scrutiny from my last post, and nothing else. It seems useless to be specific and argue my points with you. They have been scrutinized from strangers from various places on various social medias. Across the board means exactly that, from every angle. 

Apart from this thread on TV and their personal pages , where else has this been scrutinised ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, champers said:

I should think so too. The police cannot be expected to respond to random requests for information from any member of the public with no connection to the case.

And as i wrote back then already: If you look up Tourist police on Google you find the callcenter number, i assumed this was the number that the other member called, they do of course not know anything or will tell anything (Probably you end up somewhere in Bangkok). After i realized this i also posted the direct number of the Tourist Police in Chiang Mai who i called and who confirmed it. So if anybody else want to give it a try, the number can be found a few pages back in one of my posts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

And as i wrote back then already: If you look up Tourist police on Google you find the callcenter number, i assumed this was the number that the other member called, they do of course not know anything or will tell anything (Probably you end up somewhere in Bangkok). After i realized this i also posted the direct number of the Tourist Police in Chiang Mai who i called and who confirmed it. So if anybody else want to give it a try, the number can be found a few pages back in one of my posts

Could you repost the number , I shall give them a call .

3 minutes ago, Makara said:

I'm trying to figure out why you still posting here.

Nothing have been scrutinised. Just more than one thousand posts full of conjecture.

If people want to think it is a scam, why should you care?

Surely you should be more concerned as to the welfare of known persons and the circumstances of what occurred.

You seem to be spending to much time arguing over whether the the GoFundme begging page is a scam or not.

Frankly the whole thing is misguided. Even more so the totally ridiculous; https://www.change.org/p/donald-trump-release-misty-and-danniel/c

The whole thing is an embarrassment to anyone with even a modicum of intelligence.

Sadly it seems that many of those involved have barely evolved beyond hay chewing and banjo plucking, looking at the atrocious attempts at writing.

Why you appear to have hitched your wagon to a train of apparent hillbillies staggers belief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Lazy people here :P

Direct number Chiang Mai Tourist Police: 053212147

Thanks .

Could someone do the honours and phone them , as Im out of credit at the momemt .

Lets get this sorted out once and for all

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Thanks .

Could someone do the honours and phone them , as Im out of credit at the momemt .

Lets get this sorted out once and for all

How hard is it to put some credit on your phone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1