Arsenal

MiG16

seapok

and anyone else that need to know

all you nosy ones out there :D

even IF Arsenal were at the bottom of the table, Id still be raving on about how good they are :) and no matter how many times you ask me the above question, my answer will always be yes of course we are gonna win :D

does that answer your question? :D

ohhh by the way, you should check out the current front page article on Arsenal.com

but for those that might miss it.

here it goes:

'It's down to the team which deals best with disappointment'

and we all saw how a certain Chelsea player deals with disappointment :)

WHAT! 3 nil down including an own goal

sigh sigh

but now Bendtner has got one back, and almost scored the second with his header. not bad not bad :)

yet another chance by Adebayor.

i have to say we are playing so well tonight, but just not enough goals yet. still another 15 mins to go though :D

ok so we lost

let me be the first to say it

(which means I dont need anyone else to tell me about it, ok? :) )

not a big deal.

end of the day we saw who got disappointed and gave nonsense interview as below :)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is not happy that the league allows 'divers' to be rewarded after his team's 4-1 humiliation by Chelsea.

The Frenchman was referring to the disputed the free-kick that Chelsea profited when defender Alex opening the scoring after 28 minutes.

Didier Drogba was again at the centre of controversy after he looked to have dived to win the free-kick.

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas was cautioned for dissent at suggesting the Ivorian had dived.

Asked if he believed Drogba had indeed taken a tumble, Wenger said: "We live in a league now where the divers are rewarded. It is not right, but it is like that.

"I do not want to go into any individual assessments. It is down to the referee to do his job.

"I don't think it (the free-kick) should have been given, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't win the header after that. The referee will make some decisions for you or against you, but we should still have cleared the ball from the cross."

Despite a second crushing home defeat in the space of a week, having also gone out of the Champions League to Manchester United, Gunners boss Wenger maintained it was not "all doom and gloom".

"We have to take some distance, because it was not a 4-1 game today," he said.

"Going forwards we were very interesting and created plenty of chances, and should have been 2-0 up, but were caught.

"We missed seven or eight clear chances and had every mistake punished by a team of quality."

Wenger added: "Our chances to finish third are over, but this result will not have any other influence other than that.

"We conceded three against Manchester United and four today, so we have to improve the way we defend.

"In the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks, we could not win. That is what we have to analyse."

Arsenal major shareholder Alisher Usmanov has claimed the club must "step up" their transfer dealings this summer if they want to compete.

Wenger, though, maintained: "You would not like to come out and say we will buy four defenders.

"It is more a question of balance in the team rather than individuals."

Wenger added: "At the moment, I don't know what funds will be available. I will be told by the club.

"We have to continue to improve, but the areas where it is right.

"It is not necessarily about quantity of money."

(source: www.espnstar.com)

end of the day we saw who got disappointed and gave nonsense interview as below :D

------------------------------------------------

"I don't think it (the free-kick) should have been given, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't win the header after that. The referee will make some decisions for you or against you, but we should still have cleared the ball from the cross."

"We missed seven or eight clear chances and had every mistake punished by a team of quality."

Wenger added: "Our chances to finish third are over, but this result will not have any other influence other than that. "We conceded three against Manchester United and four today, so we have to improve the way we defend. "In the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks, we could not win. That is what we have to analyse."

(source: www.espnstar.com)

I dont know if we are reading the same article stellone?

to me the above, highlighted specific sections for emphasis, reads to me as the most honest admission from a manager.

yes its disappointing that we didnt win any cup, and more specifically lost some of these games. (the one last night in particular, we had many chances but didnt manage to score. close but never quite there).

the manager makes those points, and very openly admits that whether or not penalty decisions had gone for or against us, end of the day as footballers the teram needed to have done a better job defending.

i dont know whats non sense about that

:)

the nonsense was the topic of that story written in ESPSTAR.COM

Arsenal are full of kids. i think they have to bring in some senior players during the summer transfer window. in the past we fear arsenal but now we know they are just kids :) sorry if this disappoints u

nah. it doesnt disappoint me.

yes we have had far too many promising young players in the past 2-3 years, but losing all our more experienced players.

but hey thats what made me like Arsenal to begin with. how the team turns aspiring/upcoming young players into stars, and in some cases superstars.

people may say what they want about Arsene or that he hasnt been doing well lately, but I still attribute a lot of Arsenal's success over the last 10/11 years to him more than to any players we have had. dont get me wrong, there certainly have been some very key players, but what im saying is, its Arsene who has brought it all together and made it a team :)

yah i agree on that. Arsene Wenger is a great coach and he brought a lot of success to the club. what i dont understand is why a sudden some of the star players left the club and they couldnt made or brought some key figures like what they have lost. for example Viera and Henry.. Pires and Reyes.. these are all key figures in the success of Arsenal.

However, after 2005 the club didnt win anything and they are hardly getting the 4th spot of the league.

i hope they get success in their future plans and be better than this in the next season.

We conceded three against Manchester United and four today, so we have to improve the way we defend

At this point I thought they should cast Wenger in Pink Panther movies.

What has gotten into him? Where is his fighting spirit, the power, the spirit?

I agree - they are just kids, and the coach is a "soccer mom" himself.

They badly need someone who can impose himself on the players and the opponents, someone like Viera, someone who is not afraid to put his foot down. Wenger, it seems, is carefully trying to weed out any such personality traits from the club. He's got great skills as a manager, no doubt, but his attitude sucks.

The news is that Wenger is staying at Arsenal.

My opinion is he is by far the best manager in the Premiership and any other league for that matter.

Cannot understand the dissenting voices......

Whilst coming 4th may not be acceptable I reckon finishing in the top 4 is better that winning both domestic cups and the UEFA trophy all in one season.

Agree?

My opinion is he is by far the best manager in the Premiership and any other league for that matter.

Whilst coming 4th may not be acceptable I reckon finishing in the top 4 is better that winning both domestic cups and the UEFA trophy all in one season.

Agree?

While I do rate Arsene, four years now without any silverwear (for whatever reasons) doesn't really rank him the best manager in the Prem IMO.

Agree?

is he buggery. he's not even the best manager in london any more.

and no, of course it isn't. football clubs exist to win trophies.

Edited by StevieH

Agree?

:) That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen.

Are you Wegners mum?

Agree?

:D That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen.

Are you Wegners mum?

:):D:D Nice on Mr Toad, maybe he was :D:D

BT

Agree?

Are you Wegners mum?

Eh?

Whats so ridiculous?

The fact is that the powers that be at Arsenal, (not the minority special needs there who are nothing) scurried around frantically to apologise to Wenger at any hint from him of any discontent, because they know he is the best as do Real Madrid and the other big clubs.

The domestic knock out trophies are Mickey Mouse compared with the Champions league hence why the big teams often put out second string sides for it.

Aston Villa fielded a reserve side in effect for a UEFA cup game to try as it happened unsuccessfully to keep 4th position.

So if you are going to brand something ridiculous you should have the guts and the intellect to substantiate your statement.

You obviously lack both these qualities.

As to your unfunny jibe re Wengers mum; better his than yours!

Dear oh dear....hahaha

What a loser.

Edited by R123

Agree?

You deserve any stick you get for that statement..... Or, in your defence, was it one of those "Ferguson goes without saying" comments....?

Your opinion is yours and, you are of course welcome to it but, that could be described as trolling.... :)

redrus

Agree?

Are you Wegners mum?

Eh?

Whats so ridiculous?

The fact is that the powers that be at Arsenal, (not the minority special needs there who are nothing) scurried around frantically to apologise to Wenger at any hint from him of any discontent, because they know he is the best as do Real Madrid and the other big clubs.

The domestic knock out trophies are Mickey Mouse compared with the Champions league hence why the big teams often put out second string sides for it.

Aston Villa fielded a reserve side in effect for a UEFA cup game to try as it happened unsuccessfully to keep 4th position.

So if you are going to brand something ridiculous you should have the guts and the intellect to substantiate your statement.

Dear oh dear....hahaha

What a loser.

if you don't want to see your team lift a trophy at the end of a season, any trophy, and consider them 'mickey mouse' then you're a shit football fan. there are fans of lower league teams on here who would give their eye teeth for the chance. it's ludicrous modern-day fan bullshit.

^

Totally agree Steve, a few years ago a lot of United lads said the same, then we won the Carling Cup and only the Carling Cup, I believe, their opinions changed.

If thats all we'd won this year we'd be grateful for it. Steve makes a very very valid point, we are all, at the top of the Premier League in foo**ing fortunate position...... We should be grateful, very grateful....!

I was there when we were <deleted>, I know others around are the same, do not disrespect those lower down, they will come back to haunt you....!!!!!

redrus

rus it's a simple equation man, football is about winning matches that matter and that means finals and trophies. there's a really unlikeable element which has crept into football which is about winning 'the right way' or to secure champions league football. winning to secure champions league football is actually about money, not football, and as such misses the point. football is about the moment, the glory and the ecstacy, and that means the second that the whistle blows and your team wins any trophy.

Wenger has to manage on a fraction of the money that the clubs around him in the Premier League have due to the financial constraints of the new Emirates stadium. Recent figures I heard are that the current Man U team were assembled for £150 million compared to Arsenal's £30 million team.

If Wenger went, a new manager will still have the same budget and will finish a lot lower than 4th with the same resources.

Wenger has to manage on a fraction of the money that the clubs around him in the Premier League have due to the financial constraints of the new Emirates stadium. Recent figures I heard are that the current Man U team were assembled for £150 million compared to Arsenal's £30 million team.

If Wenger went, a new manager will still have the same budget and will finish a lot lower than 4th with the same resources.

Wow that's a big difference in value of squads - now if you could just provide some facts to back it up it would make your arguement even more compelling.

But let me just add 30 million total - Arshivan = 15 million for the rest of your team. I knew Arsene was tight, but that boarders on being Scottish.

(**pre-empt J-stars response, I like the Scot's - especially SAF and Darren Fletcher)

I knew Arsene was tight, but that boarders on being Scottish. :):D

So you like two Scots ?

(**pre-empt J-stars response, I like the Scot's - especially SAF and Darren Fletcher)

Why say it then ? Unless you just wake up in the morning and ask yourself - "WHO CAN I ANNOY TODAY" :D or are you just bored at work and like seeing "Normal" people getting Pizzed off.

ANYWAY Arsene doesn't have any Scottish players ( as far as I know ) so why mention us at all.

BT

Agree?

:D That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen.

Are you Wegners mum?

Eh?

Whats so ridiculous?

Dear oh dear....hahaha

What a loser.

Must be time of the month for you, clearly you don't have much of a personality, having to resort to personal flames.

Okay to reiterate, you are claiming that he is the best manager by far in the premiership. Please can you actually show the proof in this. Okay, I agree that he is one of the best managers in the premiership 2nd to Mr Ferguson I'd say.

How many titles has Wegner won? Yes, he is succesful, but the trophy cabinate is starting to look a bit bare of recent. You can compare about money, and United have spent more for sure, no disagreement wfrom me on that one. However, Ferguson has also enjoyed European success on a small budget at Aberdeen. A lot of United's success in the 90's was based on youth team players, and he has continued to rebuild team after team. Wegner is a great manager, and his teams play lovely football. Unfortunatley, that doesn't always win titles, and to measure the greatest managers it will always be measured against success. 4th place IMO is not success.

Enjoy your day. :D