Arsenal

MiG16

funny how stevie likes to quote the mirror, daily mail etc when its something not negative about liverpool :o

i don't follow, james?

incidentally the whole of the mail's sportsdesk is made up of chelsea supporters. . .

funny how stevie likes to quote the mirror, daily mail etc when its something not negative about liverpool :o

i don't follow, james?

incidentally the whole of the mail's sportsdesk is made up of chelsea supporters. . .

you were blasting the daily mail about something they wrote of SG earlier, re: daily mail, dont forget mr piers - arsenal fanatic :D

you were blasting the daily mail about something they wrote of SG earlier, re: daily mail, dont forget mr piers - arsenal fanatic :o

the mail tends to sensationalise somewhat and in the gerrard case it should have been and should be reported that he's under charge and is such innocent until proven guilty.

and re morgan, yeah he's a horrible individual. . . .but then annoying celebrity fans aren't exclusive to arsenal. we have chris de burgh for gods' sakes.

you were blasting the daily mail about something they wrote of SG earlier, re: daily mail, dont forget mr piers - arsenal fanatic :o

the mail tends to sensationalise somewhat and in the gerrard case it should have been and should be reported that he's under charge and is such innocent until proven guilty.

and re morgan, yeah he's a horrible individual. . . .but then annoying celebrity fans aren't exclusive to arsenal. we have chris de burgh for gods' sakes.

Sir Elton is back in the fold (QPR is it) I see. Seems someone on the team caught his eye. :D

Sir Elton is back in the fold (QPR is it) I see. Seems someone on the team caught his eye. :o

elton's watford soft lad.

_42652747_taylorandjohn203.jpg

that's it! chris de burg (sp) you say - a liverpool fan? Now I know where got the inspiration for the song "Ladies in Red, brawling next to me, cheek to cheek, nobody here, only Stevie G, I'm all alone, in this 10 foot square sell...."

that's it! chris de burg (sp) you say - a liverpool fan? Now I know where got the inspiration for the song "Ladies in Red, brawling next to me, cheek to cheek, nobody here, only Stevie G, I'm all alone, in this 10 foot square sell...."

chris de burgh is more than balanced out by samuel l jackson and dr dre being reds. :o

• 2 weeks later...

whats all this junk doing on my thread? huh huh huh

anyway.... we are back :o:D

Im back...and Arsenal is back too! we may be in 5th place now....but watch us :D

for now:

hull city 1 : 3 Arsenal

whats all this junk doing on my thread? huh huh huh

anyway.... we are back :D :D

Im back...and Arsenal is back too! we may be in 5th place now....but watch us :D

for now:

hull city 1 : 3 Arsenal

Your thread had been invaded. :o

Good win yesterday, still fighting for 4th place though. :D

• 3 weeks later...

alright so wasnt the best result over the weekend

but no reason why we should stay on second page :D

and now the Russian goal scorer has joined us.

Those that accuse Arsenal of being a French team can now stop whinging :o:D

Arshavin Fact files

source: arsenal.com :D

alright so wasnt the best result over the weekend

but no reason why we should stay on second page :D

and now the Russian goal scorer has joined us.

Those that accuse Arsenal of being a French team can now stop whinging :o:D

Arshavin Fact files

source: arsenal.com :D

we never said you were a French team, just not an English one...but I reckon you could give Lyon a go for the title every year in that league. Arsenal, Champions de France! (bonus, champions league guaranteed spot every year too!)

so a derby this sunday.....

Spurs will be giving it their all Im sure

Arsenal sure need to as well!

who's watching it with me.

whatever happened to...whats his name..that spurs fan :o Markr

press in twisting a player's words shocker

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749,00.html

A Modern-Day Media Tale, Part One

For some reason, Nicklas Bendtner is a difficult player to like. Perhaps it's the pink boots. Perhaps it's the way he whined to the referee when he had a row with Emmanuel Adebayor last year. Perhaps it's just the suspicion that he's not as good as he thinks he is.

But just how good does he actually think he is? That's a question being asked a lot this week after the Arsenal striker was quoted as saying to The Daily Mirror:

''I should start every game, I should be playing every minute of every match and always be in the team.''

Strong stuff. And there was more:

'''I've never seen Arshavin. I did not watch Euro 2008. I've no idea what sort of player he is.'''

The newspaper was savage in its appraisal, branding Bendtner 'arrogant' as it mockingly headlined him declaring 'I'm Arsenal's best striker'.

'Bendtner is unpopular with Arsenal fans and his outburst is likely to be met with disbelief,' it added for good measure.

In that at least, there is no argument because, after enduring two days of ceaseless slagging on internet forums and the like, a story appeared on the Arsenal website yesterday titled 'Bendtner: I'm upset and annoyed by reports'.

"None of it was said like that," the player complained. "Basically I did a long interview for the Danish press recently, they asked me a lot of questions and the press over here have taken my answers and twisted them out of proportion. I was happy with the article in the Danish magazine and if you saw it you would realise that what was reported over here was not true."

And upon that invitation, Mediawatch popped off to the Danish press to find the interview in question, conducted by newspaper BT on February 9.

Although we're somewhat reliant on Babelfish's translation service, the quotes from that interview do have an uncanny resemblance to those in the Mirror. There is, though, a rather subtle difference in the quotes attributed:

"I still believe that when I play to my best, I will play from the start no matter who is ready or injured and each time I try to show that I should play from the start."

Note the similarity but also the added qualifications. It's not quite the arrogant boast as depicted in the Mirror, is it?

And what of the Arshavin reference? Does Bendtner really not "know what sort of player he is"? Well, if the translation service is trustworthy, then Bendtner's answer ran along the lines of: "I was not at the European Championships so I did not see him play but I have heard that he is a good player and if Arsenal are paying £12m, and other top clubs were after him, then it is because he can do something."

All in all, then, it would seem that a considerable fuss has been generated over some fairly reasonable quotes. Does it matter? Perhaps not. But then again, the next time the media in general complains about their lack of access to players and the absence of co-operation, perhaps they ought to wonder why footballers are so increasingly reluctant to open up.

what's trolling about that james? just reporting how an arsenal player had been stitched up.

hmm ok, seem to recall someone getting bent out of shape when I post similar stories about certain manager. :o

when have you ever posted an article which points out misreporting of something rafa said?

what's trolling about that james? just reporting how an arsenal player had been stitched up.

hmm ok, seem to recall someone getting bent out of shape when I post similar stories about certain manager. :o

when have you ever posted an article which points out misreporting of something rafa said?

too lazy to go back on the LP forum to look for it mate :D , but you in the Gunner thread makes me wonder - starting to look in the mirror? it's arsenal mate, its villa.

oi

no bickering allowed on this thread

:o

just cos we aint doing so well ( :D ) does not mean you guys can come in here and bi*ch at each other :D

and whats that 2long doing with chelsea stuff on here? grrrrrrrrrrr

oi

no bickering allowed on this thread

:o

just cos we aint doing so well ( :D ) does not mean you guys can come in here and bi*ch at each other :D

and whats that 2long doing with chelsea stuff on here? grrrrrrrrrrr

so what do you reckon then migsy, how confident are you about the league run-in? do you think you can nick that uefa cup slot or not? :D

Your welcome to him! :o

Kalou reveals Arsenal wish

Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou has revealed he would welcome the opportunity to play for Arsenal.

The 23-year-old has failed to nail down a regular starting berth this season but has benefited from Joe Cole's absence through injury by starting Guus Hiddink's first two games in charge.

The Ivory Coast international has scored nine times in all competitions this term and set up striker Didier Drogba for the only goal of the game in the firsrt leg of their UEFA Champions League last 16 tie against Juventus at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

But after his recent comments the former Feyenoord ace could find his place in jeopardy, especially after he responded favourably to reported interest from London rivals Arsenal.

"Wenger said he thought of signing me? That's an honour for me, an honour," he told.

"Because he is a very great coach and I know that every single player in the world dreams of playing for him.

"I have a lot of respect for him, he is one of the best coaches in the world so why not?

"I am still under contract with Chelsea but of course I have plenty of friends who play for Arsenal in Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Emmanuel Adebayor.

"They are achieving huge things at Arsenal and watching them play is just beautiful."

With just 12 starts to his name in the Premier League this campaign Kalou is aware of the challenge that he faces if he is to hold on to his first team place until the end of the season.

"You are never guaranteed to be in the Chelsea starting XI," he added.

"Every single player fights to earn his place, including me, and the coach is the one that has the final word.

"At the present I'm happy at Chelsea and I hope that the things that I want to happen will happen.

"I will think of my future once the season is over."

Mr Joe Cole doesn't seem to share your view. Last night he said that Kalou had been the best performer of the team over the last few months - or does that not say very much? :D

I saw that interview too, maybe Kalou wants to play for a real football team :D

BT :D

Mr Joe Cole doesn't seem to share your view. Last night he said that Kalou had been the best performer of the team over the last few months - or does that not say very much? :D

Yeah he is right he has played ok for the last month or so but not consistent enough to be a 1st team regular, hurry up Joe and get better soon! :D