Arsenal

MiG16

I think the ref let the game run for 5 minutes too long!

4:4 draw against liverpool

some great goals by Arsenal :o

great finishing by arshavin migs but by christ we didn't half put them on a plate for you. most annoying that was.

great finishing by arshavin migs but by christ we didn't half put them on a plate for you. most annoying that was.

Goals served up on plates by both sides i thought.

Some terrible defending combined with some cool finishes made for a great game for the neutral.

With the number of chances Liverpool had, i think it was theirs to lose. But in the end, a draw seemed fair enough.

Arsene on this season performance:

Wenger - Why we did not win the title

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger fully expected Arsenal to win the Premier League this season.

He believes his side’s failure to reach that target is down to team rebuilding and the inevitable hangover after missing out on silverware in the previous campaign. Arsenal’s current Premier League season can be cut into two, very unequal, parts. The first ended on November 22 at Man City when they lost their fifth game of the campaign. They have been unbeaten in the second part, during which time they've all but secured a Champions League spot and, with five games left, remain hopeful of break into the top three.

“I expected to be first,” admitted Wenger at Friday's press conference. “If you look at our last 18 games, we are not far [away from there]. And if you look at our last six games, we are first.

“I believe that we had a bad start and something was not right on the psychological side of the team. We lost a little confidence at the start of the season. And if we had beaten Hull at home we would have been top of the League. Maybe we were a bit too complacent. But we learnt because we are a young side and since then we have been remarkably consistent.

“Before the season I knew there would be a hangover from the disappointment of last campaign. We did fight very hard but I believe as well that we had to rebuild the midfield.

“It was not only those psychological reasons. We had to find a balance again because we lost Hleb, Rosicky and Flamini. We lost three or four midfielders, we did not have Arshavin yet and we did not expect not to have Rosicky.”

[Friday, April 24, 2009]

source: arsenal.com

EPL

Arsenal 2:0 :D

wonder if i can post Fabregas' pic ?

have a look here

Changing from Bergs to Fabs now? When you lie in bed at night and get warm feelings about Arsenal - I know it must be hard to really pick anyone out on your team that will help you get to that point you seek - but Fabs???

Granted, next to Robert Vampire (you see the size of his hands) Persie, Fabs is at least Spanish - but it's ok to fantasize about Ronaldo Migsy - I am sure he won't mind. :o

(Does the above statement qualify as 'banter' or 'teasing'?)

actually its pure tasteless james

im not some teenage girl that fantasises about their sports hero

i like watching football, and i love my team, and have some fav players

but would i consider any of them my hero? not quite.

do I fantasise about them? certainly not.

although....was charmed by Marc Overmars when I met him some years ago......

but on that front, i could be easily charmed by any other polite gentleman, which he is. ofcourse coming from a world famous football player, the lack of arrogance adds to his personality than simply meeting a James Smith who isnt arrogant :o

Here you go MIG, i found quite a cool Picture of Cesc when he was a bit younger doing something that he still does, even though he says he hasn't ever done it in his career, which was a blatant lie as Michael Ballack can testify to... :o

post-55211-1240844569_thumb.jpg

actually its pure tasteless james

im not some teenage girl that fantasises about their sports hero

i like watching football, and i love my team, and have some fav players

but would i consider any of them my hero? not quite.

do I fantasise about them? certainly not.

although....was charmed by Marc Overmars when I met him some years ago......

but on that front, i could be easily charmed by any other polite gentleman, which he is. ofcourse coming from a world famous football player, the lack of arrogance adds to his personality than simply meeting a James Smith who isnt arrogant :o

hmmm ok there Migsy.... btw found this article on the Mail site today...thought you might enjoy it...

WAGs' paradise: Mrs Arshavin glad to be part of Arsenal family after enduring St Petersburg car park

Andrey Arshavin's wife Yulia is full of praise for the way Arsenal look after the players' WAGs.

'I like very much how they take care of the footballers' wives and children,' she said. 'There's a special spacious room where we wait for our husbands after the games. There's a bar there with tea, coffee, soft drinks and a buffet with snacks.'

It's all in stark contrast to the spartan facilities at Zenit St Petersburg, said the mother of two.

'There's nothing like this in St Petersburg. I remember very well how I had to wait for Andrey sitting in the car for two hours when he was selected for a doping test after the match.'

She stressed: 'My lack of English doesn't allow me yet to make friends with other players' wives. But I'm sure that as soon as I master it, we'll become pals like I used to be with the girls in Zenit.'

She is also overwhelmed by the 'fantastic' atmosphere produced by Arsenal fans at the Emirates. 'I was so impressed with the way they support their favourite players. Andrey only gets the ball when the whole of the stadium makes a great shout. It's as if all the fans are tuned into one emotional wave. There's nothing like this back home.'

She said: 'I was shown around Emirates and was enchanted with it. It's just fantastic. And what a pitch. Looking from a distance I thought it was artificial.

'It's so flat, smooth, and evenly coloured. When I found out that the grass was live I couldn't believe it was possible.'

Yulia took son Artem along to watch Sunday's match at the Emirates and Arshavin revealed his four-year-old boy played a diplomatic hand in a fashion face-off between the proud parents.

Artem is the owner of a replica Arsenal jersey bearing his dad's No 23, but Arshavin said after the match: 'He didn't wear it today and neither did he wear the tuxedo that Yulia bought for him recently.'

Like Yulia, the 27-year-old also noticed affection from the home crowd following his goal haul against Liverpool last week.

'Of course, after four goals in the last game, they were trying to show their appreciation,' he said. 'On the other hand, I felt their support from day one.

'They believe in me, appreciate me. I must raise my game further to make sure I don't let them down.'

And the family are also settling into life in London after moving out of a hotel in the capital into their own home.

'It was very nice to get a card and a huge cake from our neighbours,' said Arshavin. 'People are starting to recognise us in London.'

dont be such a girl

the football thread, at least arsenal one, is not meant for girlie gossips. if with the big game ManU vs Arsenal coming up all you want to discuss is someone's missus... well. if thats what you'd like to talk about, perhaps you can start your own thread on the topic.

or if the other ManU supporters are interested, you can include it in your thread.

Id appreciate if we dont go down that road here.

cheers

ohhh and this is me as me, not MOD

A great display from the boys. Not such a great display from the crowd. I paid £61 for my ticket ( upper tier ) and it never ceases to amaze me how people begin to leave ten minutes before the end. By final whislte the ground is already a quarter empty. I know we were winning 3-0 but the boys were still passing and moving and looking for a fourth.

Richard

WOW. :o 61 quid to watch 22 men kick a bag of wind around

ManU vs Arsenal in the champions league tonight.

Wenger - This is moment we have waited for

6/1 Fabregas to score FREE £10 Bet with Paddy Power 13/2 Draw after Utd lead FREE £10 Bet with Paddy Power By Richard Clarke

This is the moment, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Arsenal manager sends out his side at Old Trafford this evening with the intention of not only beating Manchester United in the Champions League Semi-Final first leg but laying down the gauntlet for the rest of the competition.

The Frenchman has taken the Emirates Stadium club as close as anyone to winning Europe’s top trophy – the difference between a winning position and defeat was a mere 13 minutes in 2006.

Since then he has painstakingly put together a new, young side. Tonight he takes them into the cauldron that is Old Trafford well aware that they could change from dark horses to frontrunners in the space of 90 minutes.

continues here

Thought I'd return the favour and take a "peek" in the Arsenal thread.

As I suspected, nothing of any consequence happening at all......................... :)

Perhaps I might cheer things up a bit with aa wee song...

(to the tune of, "When Johnnie Comes Marching Home Again" )

When Johnny goes marching down the wing,

O'Shea! O'Shea!

O'Shea! O'Shea!

The Stretford End are gonna sing...

"We all know that Johnny's gonna score"

Peek finished

Greetings & Salutations........ :D

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

speak no more.

no one say a word.

wait til next week!

sorry MiG...............will say what you maybe thinking "arsenal were lucky with just 1-0.

Adebeyor,walcott,fabregas.........these guys are paid big bucks to perform,they may as well have gone down the pub.

However Nasri,Almunia to name two had good games.

As JT says "its only half time" wher ethere's life there's hope,but i would n't be holding my breath :)

well I know each of you will have something otherwise to say about who is the best team...hence my disclaimer that Arsenal is the best team "I" know.....so we dont need to argue over that :D

anyway.....just thought Id better brag about the victory last night :D hoorayyyyy!

thankyou all for reading, particularly the ManU people :D:P

yes yes I know I know :D but still cant help myself :P

:D:D:D Joking for sure. :)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

speak no more.

no one say a word.

wait til next week!

Oh dear, did the alarm bells ring? haha I hope it was worth it waking up at the crack of dawn to see your team LOSE! :D

well seapok, from the what I saw of the replay of your game, I wouldn't be too confident. :)

:D

Im always right about this lot :D:)

if predicting footie guys on thaivisa were the same as winning the lotto, Id be a multi millionaire by now :D

:D

Im always right about this lot :D:)

if predicting footie guys on thaivisa were the same as winning the lotto, Id be a multi millionaire by now :D

In that case Mig I am looking forward to you, BKKjames and MSingh joining the prediction thread next year. :D

Please note that Mr Toad ( your pal) has bailed out this year already :D:D due to the pressure :D

BT :P