Arsenal

MiG16

Specially with this 'fear of failure' comment from Wenger last season.

Got Mourinho's hump right up did that.

So what did he do. 6 nil.

Newton's 3rd Law of Motion.

The Law of Unintended Consequences.

Buddhist Martial Arts.

Same difference.

Feeling Lucky Arsene? Will you win the Prem and the Champions League?

Mourinho is wetting his knickers.

For the first time in a long while, Arsenal would have an almost fully fit squad going against Manchester City after the international games this weekend. In addition to Abou Diaby, Arsenal is said to be on course to have Theo Walcott, Mikel Arteta, David Ospina, Kieran Gibbs and Laurent Koscielny back for the encounter against the Premier League Champions, Manchester City after an early bombardment of injuries. This probably is more than a coincidence but mainly due to the expertise that Shad Forsythe, the new team physiotherapist and athletes’ performance expert brought to the team this term. Shad Forsythe, who has spent the last 10 years with the German National side, joined Arsene Wenger’s back-room staff after the just concluded World Cup. Wenger obviously became very keen on alleviating the problem of injuries and quickly moved for the expert, who he believes is the man to help his players recover quicker.

Captain Mikel Arteta, who got injured in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League qualifier against with Besiktas the Turkish giant in Turkey has started training and should be available maybe not for a full 90 minutes action but expected to play some part in the game against Manchester City. Theo Walcott who got injured in the match against Tottenham in January 2014, has been back in training a while now and should be due for the Manchester City game probably coming from the bench. Same can be said of Abou Diaby, who has been out injured for over a year but recently came back and featured for the reserve team in the 4-0 thumping of West Bromwich Albion. Therefore it won’t take too much time before Arsenal fans get a glimpse of Theo Walcott and Abou Diaby. Diaby suffered a set-back on his steady road to full fitness during the pre-season match Arsenal played with Thierry Henry’s New York Red Bulls.

David Ospina, who was brought in from OGC Nice to compete for the number one goalkeeping spot in Arsenal, would likely be available for the Manchester City tie at the Emirates after the international break. The Colombian goal keeper was declared fit before the match against Leicester City but was probably too early to deputize Wojciech Szczesny. The 25-year-old Colombian was said to have a thigh strain picked up from the Brazil versus Colombia match at the recently concluded 2014 FIFA World Cup hosted by their opponents, Brazil. Kieran Gibbs who had since been sidelined in the opening match of the English Premier League against Crystal Palace three weeks ago through a knock has been seen in training and would be back. It may take a slow process but he would come back to take his left full back position from deputy Nacho Monreal. The most exciting of the news would no doubt be the fact that Laurent Koscielny who got a head collision with Leicester City’s Jeffrey Schlupp, would be fine and match fit after the international break. The French defender exited the pitch with a head injury after both him and Schlupp were attempting to head the ball out of the air, but instead collided heads with ferocious force. He should be available to continue his defensive partnership with Per Mertesacker in the centre of defence.

Sooooooooooooooo.....

The book on how long Diaby lasts before he is sidelined for another six months:

1-5 mins 1/5

5-10 mins 2/7

10-20 mins 2/5

20+mins 1000

Surely anybody coming back from a longer term injury (Theo/Abu) into the teeth of a match against a top four club is not going to start and not going to get many minutes (since Wenger only thinks about changes at around the 70 minute mark!).

Gibbs and Theo will be welcome returns (Kos only missed half a match didn't he?). Ospina needs to get fit for the Milk Cup

Don't like to celebrate any player getting injured so I will just report that Marco Reus got injured in the Scotland game and will miss the Champions League tie against us in the Westfalionstadion (cauldron) next Tuesday.

We need to top the group to nix the recent curse of coming second and getting drawn against the likes of Bayern, so we need every little bit of help we can get. A good performance against Citeh on Saturday would also help.

Well realistically we have no excuses on Saturday. All of our first choice players are fit, and I know Welbeck won't get long to train but I'd still rather play with a striker than without one.

However, in trying to look for any decent writing about the game, all I can find is Arsenal's alleged transfer targets for the next window.

These ****ing journos are so lazy!

Yes, we are noticeably much lower down the serious journos interest list this season than I can recall before Chic. The fact we led the Prem more than any other team last year seems to have melted out of consciousness in a wave of transfer gossip hysteria. We are clearly given no chance in big games on the back of a few seasons (not that many in reality) where we could not hack it.

Probably under the radar is a good place to be.

Yes, we are noticeably much lower down the serious journos interest list this season than I can recall before Chic. The fact we led the Prem more than any other team last year seems to have melted out of consciousness in a wave of transfer gossip hysteria. We are clearly given no chance in big games on the back of a few seasons (not that many in reality) where we could not hack it.

Under the Top 3 is NOT a good place to be.

4th mate, 4th.

Get used to it.

biggrin.png

There is that.

Relishing the test on Saturday though. It can't be worse than last year.

Can it?

:)

D_amnit. Ramsey was subbed coming up to injury time in the Andorra v Wales game due to twisting an ankle. Dunno the prognosis yet and probably Arsenal don't either.

These wretched artificial pitches! Guess it was inconceivable we could get through an international break without some injury concern.

D_amnit. Ramsey was subbed coming up to injury time in the Andorra v Wales game due to twisting an ankle. Dunno the prognosis yet and probably Arsenal don't either.

These wretched artificial pitches! Guess it was inconceivable we could get through an international break without some injury concern.

Not sure the pitch was to blame for the guy kicking him in the back of the anklewink.png

Hadn't seen the incident and was only guessing at the pitch thing Wilai - but it might have been the right call nonetheless.

The 23-year-old injured his ankle in Wales' 2-1 Euro 2016 qualification win in Andorra.

He picked up the injury in the Estadio Nacional after twisting on the controversial artificial pitch.

"I'll be alright - the pitch was very hard. There's no give in it so I rolled my ankle a bit," said Ramsey.

{source Beeb}

Hadn't seen the incident and was only guessing at the pitch thing Wilai - but it might have been the right call nonetheless.

The 23-year-old injured his ankle in Wales' 2-1 Euro 2016 qualification win in Andorra.

He picked up the injury in the Estadio Nacional after twisting on the controversial artificial pitch.

"I'll be alright - the pitch was very hard. There's no give in it so I rolled my ankle a bit," said Ramsey.

{source Beeb}

Video has disappeared mate but here is a still of the challenge.

1410297734975_wps_2_Andorra_defender_Cri

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey could be fit to face Manchester City on Saturday despite injuring himself playing for Wales.

Ramsey turned his ankle in the closing stages of his country’s 2-1 European qualifier victory on the artificial pitch in Andorra on Tuesday.

It was feared he may miss the crucial game with the Premier League champions but the problem does not appear as serious as first thought, although Wenger is waiting on further news of the injury from his medical staff before making a final assessment of his availability.

“The first news is not bad and he will be assessed today. He has a little chance to be available for Saturday,” said Wenger.

“He has an ankle sprain, but a minor one and we will know more today.”

Ramsey has been a key performer for Wenger’s side this season, scoring three goals in six appearances for Arsenal.

That included the second goal in their 3-0 win over City in the Community Shield and he is desperate to face them again at the weekend.

"I could feel it, but hopefully it will be nothing and I'll be available for Saturday,” Ramsey said of the injury.

"Manchester City at home, those are the games you want to play in so hopefully it won't be a problem."

Meanwhile, Germany international Mesut Ozil missed the 2-1 victory over Scotland with an ankle problem but he too could be available to face Manuel Pellegrini’s side at The Emirates this weekend.

Wenger was also able to post positive updates on Mikel Arteta and Kieran Gibbs as well as Theo Walcott, who has been sidelined since injuring his knee against north London rivals Tottenham in the third round of last season’s FA Cup.

“As for the rest of the injured players, Arteta and Kieron Gibbs are back in the squad in normal training,” added Wenger.

“Ozil had a knock and didn’t play for Germany due to a sprained ankle but he will be available as well.

“Theo Walcott is two or three weeks away from joining full training.”