Arsenal

MiG16

Probably should have won it more convincingly, but they stooped to the "dark" stuff they were talking about and earned themselves four yellows in the last quarter.

I don't know why but I felt more relaxed with Ospina in goal against Citeh than I did watching the Chezza show again.

And Santi - calm down dear, a 20 minute cameo isn't going to hurt the Chilean street fighter.

I cringed when he went down. Arsene is a genius. He knew our slightly flappy defence was going to lose the second half so in the event Sanchez's special talents were needed.

Makes you wonder what on earth Brighton were thinking the way they played in the first half. I thought they were just technically useless hackers but in the end they showed they were quite skilled hackers.

Yes - I think the Chezzer show is rapidly coming to a close. I tought he was going to show top class keeper abilities this season. Wrong. Such a to$$er I don't even feel sorry for him in his demise. It'll be great to get rid of his Dad too.

I cringed when he went down. Arsene is a genius. He knew our slightly flappy defence was going to lose the second half so in the event Sanchez's special talents were needed.

Makes you wonder what on earth Brighton were thinking the way they played in the first half. I thought they were just technically useless hackers but in the end they showed they were quite skilled hackers.

Yes - I think the Chezzer show is rapidly coming to a close. I tought he was going to show top class keeper abilities this season. Wrong. Such a to$$er I don't even feel sorry for him in his demise. It'll be great to get rid of his Dad too.

After his performance against Citeh i'd have thought Ospina was already your new first choice.

Funny that, I thought they were rubbish until we eased off, and even then, when they scored we just went up a gear.

That's why they ended up with 4 yellows in 20 minutes, they couldn't contain us otherwise.

After his performance against Citeh i'd have thought Ospina was already your new first choice.

Being FA Cup keeper essentially confirms that.

Vorm was in goal for us!!

Vorm was in goal for us!!

And he's not your first choice keeper. You sound surprised.

You must be happy that Polish <deleted> is getting demoted. Its one less "selfie" obsessed bellend in your team. biggrin.png

Awwwwww come on Carmine, it's ones like this you don't like isn't it?

article-0-1c592ba100000578-88_634x572.jp

w00t.gif

Edited by Chicog

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Gabriel Paulista will finalise his transfer to Arsenal tomorrow morning and doesn’t envisage any problems with the Brazilian defender sealing a work permit.

Villarreal confirmed yesterday that a deal had been struck with the Gunners and that Joel Campbell would move to Spain on loan in return.

Quizzed by Ray Stubbs on BT Sport after Arsenal’s 3-2 win at Brighton, Wenger said of the imminent acquisition: “Yes, the reports are accurate. It’s very, very, very close and it should be done tomorrow.

“We will be alright on that front,” he added when asked specifically about the work permit issue.

I don't share his optimism, as they're usually quite obstructive. I've read that they are going to issue work permits automatically from the summer if the fee is over 10m but don't see how that applies here.

Flicked through Beeb Sports and the summary says that Arsenal have now been granted a work permit for Paulista (CB from Villa Real - a Brazilian).

Haven't done any research on him (but did see a photo, so now I know what Chic was on about with his 'Plug' posting). Good to know that Arsene has added to the ranks at the rear and seemingly got at least his second choice, maybe his first. One or two others who seemed to be well rated seemed to have been linked reasonably strongly but probably not capable of being released mid season.

I'll be surprised if the club is able to find a good enough DMF in the January window to justify nailing that position down - probably better to save the money and buy a great one in Summer, now that Coquelin has proved his worth and Arteta will presumably be back for the last couple of months. The team looks good enough to win the FA Cup, go another round in the Champions League and win the 35 million quid 'UEFA 2015/16 Chase Trophy'. That's just a 'look capable of' statement, not a prediction. A spectacular DMF now would be good if one were available, but in truth likely only to improve on that haul by perhaps securing a semi-final slot in the Champions League or final appearance if we were lucky. Too far behind Chelsea IMO even if we have a great run-in.

Boro at home is not a bad FA cup last 16 draw despite Man City's poor showing - return of our luck of the draw getting home matches then. Better than Stoke (or Man U) away. biggrin.png

This team has shown its mettle against Man City. We've won 8 out of our last 10 games, only losing one

Despite lesser mortals saying we're a one man team Arsenal have a greater depth of goal scorers than any other EPL club.
18 different players have scored for Arsenal in all competitions this season!

Wenger has built an incredible team and it finally looks as though they are working together as a team.. I really consider the current squad to be on par if not better than The Invincibles.
Only time and results will tell if they can realise their potential..

Looking good for the future

Goooner for life!

• Like 1

This team has shown its mettle against Man City. We've won 8 out of our last 10 games, only losing one

Despite lesser mortals saying we're a one man team Arsenal have a greater depth of goal scorers than any other EPL club.

Wenger has built an incredible team and it finally looks as though they are working together as a team.. I really consider the current squad to be on par if not better than The Invincibles.

Goooner for life!

Crikey the goons have got another supporter on their thread, I think that makes a grand total of 3 ( that's if you include santi of course ) whistling.giflaugh.png

• Like 1

Goooner for life!

Crikey the goons have got another supporter on their thread, I think that makes a grand total of 3 ( that's if you include santi of course ) whistling.giflaugh.png

Rounded up obviously.

wink.png

Edited by Chicog

I'm not sure that's a good thing; The key to winning the league is putting out as regular a group of players as possible in my opinion.

This weekend alone should show what happens when you tinker.

Santi is a pleasure to watch these days. Really on the top of his game.

Though the little did cost me my banker.annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0bWXwkGannoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0bWXwkG

Edit: Ah well, Santi off the hook as Bellerin with a fifth.

Gunner fans must be feeling pretty good these days.

Edited by jellydog

Slipped from 1st to 2nd gear in the second half but really that was a training game.

Villa were truly woeful.

How they can't see that Lambert has lost the players I don't know.

Was hoping they'd get relegated last season. Hoping for a free fall.

Slipped from 1st to 2nd gear in the second half but really that was a training game.

Villa were truly woeful.

How they can't see that Lambert has lost the players I don't know.

Was hoping they'd get relegated last season. Hoping for a free fall.

They've based jumped off an extremely high cliff this season, reckon you could put money on them going down. Think it is time to revive the relegation thread.

Edited by BangrakBob