Arsenal

MiG16

Wenger's oft-repeated summer refrain of 'only buying players they can improve on the quality of existing members of the squad' has shown him caught napping yet again - just like Wellbeck. Has he learnt nothing of the appalling Arsenal injury record.

So he's been shown stupid in the area of striker and defensive/holding midfield. Only needs a centre back to go down now and it's a Royal Flush*.

I expect Koscielney will be hobbled for 3 months tomorrow night!

Couldn't run a proverbial in a brewery, our leaders. Tempting to call "please, please sell out Stan", but it's a roulette wheel as to what type of replacement owner you get.

[* Reference to the three positions that the world and his wife opined about Arsenal needing to provide cover/improvement over Summer, having sorted the goalkeeping one.]

Edited by SantiSuk

Must be 3 years old minimum - Puma is the logo these days. Should last though - the $4 knock-off copies here in LOS (shirt + shorts) last about one season then the letters start peeling off. Or so I'm told tongue.png

Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal 01:45 on True Visions Ch 676 in the wee hours tonight. Replay at 20:30 on 676 (and possibly earlier in the day on other channels - True have not fully set out their schedule timings for tomorrow yet)

Bellerin and Ramsey out for tonight per pressconf yesterday (presume minor injuries - didn't read further). Debuchy needs a chance to compete Bellerin onto the bench anyway. I'm guessing Arteta alongside Coquelin (to give one of super-workhorses Santi or Alexis a bench-rest in advance of Chelsea) and a front four (loosely speaking - attack + creative mid) of Ozil, Sanchez/Santi, Giroud and Chamberlain. 4-2-3-1. Walcott on bench for additional late pace - he still looks one of the fastest to me, but ideally on the right as a sub for Ox, not Giroud

Given our propensity to drop unexpected points at home and the serious prospect of losing all 6 points to Bayern, 4 points out of the Zagreb and Olympiakos away games are a must.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I wonder which of our forwards is going to get clogged tonight. I just heard the commentator say that one of their defenders has a career record of 12 red cards.

That's a lot - I may be wrong but I think the max for a Prem player is about half that, with Richard Dunne holding the record last time I looked and Joey Barton of course also up there.

What the h_ell is Debuchy playing at. Having been nowhere in position for the 24th minute sucker punch the stupid idiot is found in the 6 yard box alongside Ox.

Gabrielle looked panic struck as that gap got found out again. Either that's poor Wenger tactics or more likely a gross lack of discipline that should see Chambers on the pitch soon.

We have enough fire-power up front. Stay back ya ba$tard. This looks capable of being a horror show of the 2 years ago defensive variety. Get arteta off at half time and bring Coq back too (if he's on the bench). Arteta is blo_ody useless in my book (gave away the ball in about the 10th and we were lucky they were in shoot from distance mode) and only shows another Wenger weakness - unwarranted loyalty.

Edited by SantiSuk

Giroud's poor season start just got diabolical. Stupid yellow for arguing based on his frustrations is what killed him.

It's all gone horribly pear-shaped. We need to steady the ship and play counter-attack. Coq and Walcott on, Giroud or Sanchez and Arteta off. Now or at half time please - not in the 75th minute.

Gloriously stupid sending off by the ref.

1-0 down to this crap hat outfit and Giroud banned for the next game.

I didn't even say my prayers this morning!

Quit trolling the thread Smokie, or you're going on ignoretongue.png

Ozil playing centre forward second-half. What's that about? We can still win this - but more likely they get a second and kill it.

And what is that Bein Sport panel all about - obviously just there for the beers! Havin a larf and absolutely no analytical content whatsoever

Edited by SantiSuk

Huh? I don't go in for that Arsenal/Spurs $hit generally speaking. Bores me to death.

Meanwhile, Arsene now in serious trouble. The hollowness of those summer words about not needing to improve quality of the existing team is ringing around the pitch. Meanwhile the gentle sound of unfurling of Wenger Out banners rustle in the wind back home.

But now a Walcott lifeline/consolation. Might as well go all out. Not you Debuchy - we don't need you to be responsible by your positional absence for 3 goals given away on the night.

• Like 1

All hopes of sneaking first and having a better than usual run in the CL die. Still confident we will progress out of the group, but we might need to take a point from Bayern to be sure.

We really do need to be thinking about succession. Wenger is getting this season hopelessly wrong, Five changes showed he thought this would be a cakewalk - huge miscalculation which he will not hold up his hand for I'm sure of that. Arteta is not even lower Prem standard any more and yet he continually relies on him. I predicted he would play (because Arsene is besotted with him), but surely to god alongside Coq, not instead of him. There's only so far your history and parsimony should take you.

Ridiculous that Ox gets the commentator/panel blame for the first. Your right wingman should not be the one having to clean up at the right hand post. Ditto second goal - why was Debuchy not the one at the right hand post?

Chelsea will now clean the floor with us on Saturday! Any momentum for the season has evaporated. No, I will not calm down Chic!

All hopes of sneaking first and having a better than usual run in the CL die. Still confident we will progress out of the group, but we might need to take a point from Bayern to be sure.

We really do need to be thinking about succession. Wenger is getting this season hopelessly wrong, Five changes showed he thought this would be a cakewalk - huge miscalculation which he will not hold up his hand for I'm sure of that. Arteta is not even lower Prem standard any more and yet he continually relies on him. I predicted he would play (because Arsene is besotted with him), but surely to god alongside Coq, not instead of him. There's only so far your history and parsimony should take you.

Ridiculous that Ox gets the commentator/panel blame for the first. Your right wingman should not be the one having to clean up at the right hand post. Ditto second goal - why was Debuchy not the one at the right hand post?

Chelsea will now clean the floor with us on Saturday! Any momentum for the season has evaporated. No, I will not calm down Chic!

Valium drip for you matey !tongue.png

• Like 1

New day. I'll feel better after a swim!

Chicoq is off painting the fence! tongue.png

Don't be silly chaps I'm on a different time zone to you, so only just got to the office.

The negatives?

(1) Too many changes

(2) Debuchy can stop whinging about Bellerin keeping him out

(3) Oxtail-Chamberpot is fast as a rabbit and yet refuses to take people on

(4) Giroud needs a bloody slap!

(5) Arteta is past it.

Different side against Chelski, but I'd rather have gone into it with a winning mindset.

Smokes of course is hoping Wenger fields a similar side in the Littlewoods Everest Capital Milk Double One Glazing Cup (which he probably will anyway, it's only the totts and a B team pot).

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Arsene said in yesterday's press conference that he will make a late decision on choice of striker. No further injuries this week and Mertesacker might be well enough to play - personally I prefer to continue Gabriel's career.

I hope the striker does not mean he is going to choose between Giroud and Walcott. For a big big game like Chelsea you have to field your best possible line up. That has to include both Giroud in the centre and Walcott on the right, IMO. It does not have to imply a 4-4-2 line up, which convention would say leaves your midfield exposed. Walcott is equally good as Ox (who should make way - he has been unconvincing so far this season apart from one or two good runs and one good strike) as a creative midfielder, so Theo can be put out with instructions not to stay forward, but be prepared to make fast forays.

His mere presence from the start on the right will tie up the Chelsea defensive left, much better than would the threat of Ox or Ramsey.

I would go with:

Cech

Bellerin, Gabriel, Kos, Monreal

Walcott, Ramsey, Coq, Cazorla, Sanchez

Giroud

ie drop Ozil also - he rarely shines against strong physical defences.

I'm guessing Walcott or Giroud will not start and Ramsey will go out right, with Ozil starting

I'm not expecting any points for Arsenal now that Chelsea have some momentum. We just aren't converting enough chances to get points off top teams at the moment and Hazard/Costa are starting to look ominous again. Hoping for an exciting game, not ruined by sending offs or overly cautious sideways football from both teams. I'd take a fractious draw thoughlaugh.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Arsene said in yesterday's press conference that he will make a late decision on choice of striker. No further injuries this week and Mertesacker might be well enough to play - personally I prefer to continue Gabriel's career.

I hope the striker does not mean he is going to choose between Giroud and Walcott. For a big big game like Chelsea you have to field your best possible line up. That has to include both Giroud in the centre and Walcott on the right, IMO. It does not have to imply a 4-4-2 line up, which convention would say leaves your midfield exposed. Walcott is equally good as Ox (who should make way - he has been unconvincing so far this season apart from one or two good runs and one good strike) as a creative midfielder, so Theo can be put out with instructions not to stay forward, but be prepared to make fast forays.

His mere presence from the start on the right will tie up the Chelsea defensive left, much better than would the threat of Ox or Ramsey.

I would go with:

Cech

Giroud

I'm guessing Walcott or Giroud will not start and Ramsey will go out right, with Ozil starting

I'm not expecting any points for Arsenal now that Chelsea have some momentum. We just aren't converting enough chances to get points off top teams at the moment and Hazard/Costa are starting to look ominous again. Hoping for an exciting game, not ruined by sending offs or overly cautious sideways football from both teams. I'd take a fractious draw thoughlaugh.png

I'd have though he'll go Sanchez and Ransey either side of Ozil at no10 behind Giroud. Oh, and Cech to play a blinder to really p*ss off Mourinho.

I would go with:

Cech

Giroud

So winning one game is having some momentum ? facepalm.gif

Diabolical reffing. 3 points to Chelsea. Costa playing the animal. Mike Dean is gonna get $hit from the reffing panel for a red card that surely will not stand.

Edited by SantiSuk