Arsenal

MiG16

It seems that Wenger was given the chance to bow out with dignity.  By holding on for at least two years too long he has created a major rebuild for the new guy.  Theres some very safe buts out there in the form of Ancelotti, Alegri who has yet to agree a new contract, and some interesting names like Enrique and the guy at Monaco.  Or maybe they will go the old boys route which i pray they do because i think that would be a monumental <deleted> up!!

The time that the Arsenal board has been dreading is fast approaching!  Sneeking into the CL via the back door wouldn't go amiss either in terms of attracting new players and the new manager.

Perhaps they might employ that Judas prick Campbell seeing as he thinks he has such a brilliant footballing mind....

Edited by carmine

What a relief! Even better that it's a clean break.

Got on a plane to London without an Arsenal shirt in my bag yesterday morning and found myself in need of one by the time I touched down at Heathrow!

Rumour mill seems to suggest that there was a certain amount of butting of heads between Arsene and Gazidis+Mislintat over direction of things during the January transfer window.

He was once a great footbal manager. Good to see most of the high profile figures coming out with nice tributes.

Difficult to see that there are any great stand-out candidates that would come in and shake things up with a fair prospect of pulling the club around within a season or two. Had we been doing this 2 or 3 seasons ago like we should then we would have had the likes of Klopp, Simeone and Allegri realisticallly in the frame. Now it looks to me like a holding safety slot for Ancelloti. No way is the team strong enough at the mo (particularly up back) to be punting on a Arteta/Viera IMO. My worry is that Gazididis/Mislintat will interfere with any successful candidate and we'll get 4 years of uncertainty and strife until a genuine next messiah arrives

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

David Moyes has told Arsene Wenger’s replacement-in-waiting: Don’t be put off by fear of living in his shadow.

The Scot knows all too well about following in the footsteps of one long-serving managerial legend.

Moyes suffered a rough ride and survived just 10 months at Manchester United, despite being personally handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson to replace him in 2013.

A similar baptism of fire could await the new man at Arsenal with the Frenchman standing down this summer.

Moyes, who picked the baton up from Ferguson following 26 trophy laden years, says the Gunners job shouldn’t be seen as a poisoned chalice.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-warning-arsene-wengers-12403382

Can't believe the lack of

appreciate for what a great manager Arsene Wenger is/has been; for more over a decade, along with Fergie, he was greatest manager of the time in Britain (yes he stayed on a few seasons too long). Sure some people on here have only following football for 5 years (post aimed at non-Arsenal fans on TV).

Paul Merson has backed Brendon Rodgers as the best choice of manager to replace Wenger!!!

Thats right, not Ancelotti, not  Alegri,  not Tuchel (who i believe is off to PSG anyway) or all the other excellent candidates,  but Rodgers, the manager finding success in a one team league....i can only imagine he's still on the gear!!

Apparently the board is favoring going the Arteta/Viera route.  

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Paul Merson has backed Brendon Rodgers as the best choice of manager to replace Wenger!!!

Thats right, not Ancelotti, not  Alegri,  not Tuchel (who i believe is off to PSG anyway) or all the other excellent candidates,  but Rodgers, the manager finding success in a one team league....i can only imagine he's still on the gear!!

yeah i think i know the reason for that. merson is a big thick racist who doesn't like foreign managers.

https://www.balls.ie/football/paul-merson-2-356157

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Apparently there is only a 50mil war chest, so doubt that will entice a big name

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently there is only a 50mil war chest, so doubt that will entice a big name

So whats Stan Kroncke doing with the money?  

A have a couple of mates that are season tickets holders and they have real concerns that the club could be in decline for years.

Personally i'd get Ancelotti or have a word with Benitez and tell him to stop wasting his time working for a prick like Mike Ashley.  Either way, Arsenal need an experienced head now not some up and comer with potential because theres a major rebuild to be orchestrated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

So whats Stan Kroncke doing with the money?  

A have a couple of mates that are season tickets holders and they have real concerns that the club could be in decline for years.

Personally i'd get Ancelotti or have a word with Benitez and tell him to stop wasting his time working for a prick like Mike Ashley.  Either way, Arsenal need an experienced head now not some up and comer with potential because theres a major rebuild to be orchestrated.

I read somewhere that Ancelotti lives in London. FWIW.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I read somewhere that Ancelotti lives in London. FWIW.

Mourinho still lives in London, but i get your point!!

Thing is, his names always going to be thrown in the hat, especially when he's on sabbatical.  

If MrB is right about the 50m thats not going to impress.  Especially as the have an immediate need for a top drawer defensive mid and a cb.  Not sure the board, who are not well rehearsed in interviewing the best managers quite realize that they will have to impress him too as much as he needs to impress them.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Mourinho still lives in London, but i get your point!!

Thing is, his names always going to be thrown in the hat, especially when he's on sabbatical.  

If MrB is right about the 50m thats not going to impress.  Especially as the have an immediate need for a top drawer defensive mid and a cb.  Not sure the board, who are not well rehearsed in interviewing the best managers quite realize that they will have to impress him too as much as he needs to impress them.

You would think that with all the upper management new blood brought in Arsenal would be ready to shake some cash loose. Doesn't help to identify available talent if you can't fork over the moola !

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Nailed for the Italian Job:thumbsup:

He's only 58.  I still think he's up for club football and a fourth european cup.  Once he becomes the most successful manager ever its the national team.

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Now being reported on Sky that he has been offered the post. Arse better hurry up if they want him.

Tell you what, if he wants the national team job he's clearly decided on his future career path and little Arsenal might say would matter.