Arsenal

MiG16

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not easy to compete with the lottery winners.

Your side are very fortunate to have the global income you do.

The Munich disaster was the catalyst for much of our world wide following plus nurturing numerous players that have gone on to become household names....today the game is all about money and United have adapted better than most shall we say....I don,t know where the craziness that is transfer fees/players wages today is going to end though.....madness :sad:

once a Red always a Red..:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All down to the managerial philosophy and the board just gave him a new contract.

Expect the expected!

Funny isn't it, United fans don't like the football at all yet the board extends his contract....

Incidentally,  on the subject of "dull",  seeing as i have creepy Peter on ignore Ronnie, how come i am still subjected to his posts when people reply to him?  

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Funny isn't it, United fans don't like the football at all yet the board extends his contract....

Incidentally,  on the subject of "dull",  seeing as i have creepy Peter on ignore Ronnie, how come i am still subjected to his posts when people reply to him?  

It will surprise you to hear this forum has its deficiencies I'm afraid.

Petermilk "A club with your proud history is sadly lacking in the silverware department...your current owners have a lot to answer for"

Ronnie "Not easy to compete with the lottery winners."

Sadly I have to agree with Petermilk that a club the size of Spurs are "lacking in the silverware department" in recent years. I think the last Spurs trophy was the 2008 League Cup, and in the intervening years the following 'smaller' clubs than Spurs have won trophies (Leicester, Portsmouth, Wigan, Birmingham and Swansea) or been beaten finalists (Cardiff x 2, Portsmouth, Stoke, Hull, Villa x 2, Palace, Bradford, Sunderland and Southampton)!

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Petermilk "A club with your proud history is sadly lacking in the silverware department...your current owners have a lot to answer for"

Ronnie "Not easy to compete with the lottery winners."

Sadly I have to agree with Petermilk that a club the size of Spurs are "lacking in the silverware department" in recent years. I think the last Spurs trophy was the 2008 League Cup, and in the intervening years the following 'smaller' clubs than Spurs have won trophies (Leicester, Portsmouth, Wigan, Birmingham and Swansea) or been beaten finalists (Cardiff x 2, Portsmouth, Stoke, Hull, Villa x 2, Palace, Bradford, Sunderland and Southampton)!

Add some lime to your margarita BB It's a bit sweet.

You know it makes sense my old son. :post-4641-1156694572:

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It will surprise you to hear this forum has its deficiencies I'm afraid.

So basically the ignore feature is pretty much a waste of time then!!  :sick:

And now i see BB agreeing with Creepy Pete about us failing to buy silverware like they have.........Jesus the level of denial is astonishing.

• Like 1

"BB agreeing with Creepy Pete about us failing to buy silverware like they have"...think my point flew over your head carmine didn't it. I referred to 'lesser' teams than Spurs who've either won trophies or been beaten finalists since Spurs last won a trophy in 2008. Those teams didn't "buy silverware". So my point was that a club the size of Spurs are "lacking in the silverware department" in recent years.

Be fair to say you completely didn't understand my post as it had nothing to do with City or ManU or "buy silverware" but all to do with Spurs failings.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"BB agreeing with Creepy Pete about us failing to buy silverware like they have"...think my point flew over your head carmine didn't it. I referred to 'lesser' teams than Spurs who've either won trophies or been beaten finalists since Spurs last won a trophy in 2008. Those teams didn't "buy silverware". So my point was that a club the size of Spurs are "lacking in the silverware department" in recent years.

Be fair to say you completely didn't understand my post as it had nothing to do with City or ManU or "buy silverware" but all to do with Spurs failings.

I'm more disappointed with our performances geberally this season.

Silverware doesn't come into it and is just a nice bonus.

I want to see quality attacking football and right now we are shocking without Eriksen.

Moura in!

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"spurs failings"....no such thing....just been unlucky since 1961 :whistling:

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm more disappointed with our performances geberally this season.

Silverware doesn't come into it and is just a nice bonus.

I want to see quality attacking football and right now we are shocking without Eriksen.

Moura in!

You reached the pinnacle with your performances last season Ronnie, unfortunately without reward,your "home" advantage has been diminished somewhat,no close season recruiting to strengthen the squad and your style of football ..key players..have been sussed out by others so this was bound to happen, ....take away Harry,s goals and what are you left with :sad:

Rumours of Madrid being interested in both Harry and Poch is making things look rather gloomy for the future...:whistling:

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Rumors that Arsenal are selling Giroud to Chelsea for 15m.  This would be the second direct rival they have strengthened!!  What on earth is going on there?  Has Wenger completely lost the plot?

Word is Giroud wants to stay in London.:thumbsup:

Desperate to do the Aubamayang deal I guess and I also surmise that the loan of Bayashuki (wrong name but you get the drift) from Chelsea to Dortmund as a replacement had already been sorted and Dortmund prefer a loan, so they can get someone really good in Summer rather than taking Giroud - or they dont rate Giroud even on loan, or Giroud refused to go to Germany.

I don't think any Arsenal fans will be complaining to much if Giroud goes to Chelsea and Aubamayang comes to The Emirates. You know I'm no fan of Wenger, but in this instance I suspect there is method in his madness!

I would have preferred a trade thta sent Wellback away rather than Giroud but he is either cr&p or hasn't had time post-injury to get back in the saddle (time will tell). Either way Wellbeck is not a valuable enough pawn at this stage.

10 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Desperate to do the Aubamayang deal I guess and I also surmise that the loan of Bayashuki (wrong name but you get the drift) from Chelsea to Dortmund as a replacement had already been sorted and Dortmund prefer a loan, so they can get someone really good in Summer rather than taking Giroud - or they dont rate Giroud even on loan, or Giroud refused to go to Germany.

I don't think any Arsenal fans will be complaining to much if Giroud goes to Chelsea and Aubamayang comes to The Emirates. You know I'm no fan of Wenger, but in this instance I suspect there is method in his madness!

I would have preferred a trade thta sent Wellback away rather than Giroud but he is either cr&p or hasn't had time post-injury to get back in the saddle (time will tell). Either way Wellbeck is not a valuable enough pawn at this stage.

Even the most diehard anti-Wenger Gooners would have to admit that scoring Mkhy and Auby to restock after Sanchez's departure is not bad business. At least not if they live up to their potential. At least management is making an effort (see the Liverpool thread).

I don't think Welbeck does any one thing well enough to be much of an asset.

• Haha 1

Agreed J'dog. In fact I won't even blow Wenger apart if the rather complex 3 way deal falls apart and we don't get Aubam. At least he has tried hard for something that is way better than I expected him to target.

Yes - everyone is harping on about Aubam's antics this year, but I read somewhere that he has nonetheless scored almost a goal a game. I can forgive Wilshire and I can forgive Aubam some off-pitch problems if he carries on like that. Plus Aubam was brilliant every time I watched him on TV a year ago in Champions League games as well as a couple of top-end Bundesliga games; you don't lose that class easily. Bring it on!

[Edit: surprised he wants to join Arsenal given that it is unlikely (IMO) that we get CL football next year. I guess that he could significantly increase the odds of winning the Europa Cup. Prem is a long ask with 8 points between us and Chelsea at this stage of the season. 2 other great clubs* with some excellent players, some great performances this year mixed with dissapointing (like us) would make it a 3 way evens bet for one remaining place even if we were all on the same points]

* See - i'm a supporter; not 'a fan', as in 'clannish fanatic'

Edited by SantiSuk

Auba doesnt really care where he goes as long as his paycheck grows substantially. Last summer there was looots of talk about signing in China. A deal that - obviously- fell through because the timeline dortmund set was not met. He extended his contract another year in october / november, knowing very well he will be leaving next summer for sure...He must've gotten a large salary increase to sign the year extension.

Anyhow, can't blame him as long as he performs well on the pitch, which he did.

Half time and lucky to be level.

Must be tearing Wenger up to see his 60m Lacazette doing sweet FA up front. Seems I was wrong in thinking that his team mates haven't found a way to play with a fox-in-the-box, the reality is that he can't make or find space in Premier League defences. So, does Wenger put a final nail in Lacazette's confidence and bring the probably departing Giroud on to give us a reasonable chance of points or not?

He probably should, but I doubt he will. Arsenal away fans are chanting for Giroud  what a mess!

Only hope I can see of winning this game with Lacazette on the field is stabilizing midfield. Take Iwobi (can't understand his cemented place in the current team and Xakha off (lazy brain again tonight) and bring Maitland-Niles and Mkytaryan on. Risky, but doing nothing is going to put is the same Swansea-fodder mode that Liverpool discovered.

Good job we have our first choice back 4 on the field. They are struggling in the conditions, but without them we would be 2 down already and dead in the water

Edited by SantiSuk

Remarkable from Swansea. Car crash form Arsenal. Bye bye 2017/18 Prem season. Wonder if Aubam will come now?! 3 away wins/7 defeats - it's a joke! 

Edited by SantiSuk

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

Remarkable from Swansea. Car crash form Arsenal. Bye bye 2017/18 Prem season. Wonder if Aubam will come now?! 3 away wins/7 defeats - it's a joke! 

Using sticking plasters to cover a series of limb threatening injuries eventually stops working.

19 hours ago, jellydog said:

Even the most diehard anti-Wenger Gooners would have to admit that scoring Mkhy and Auby to restock after Sanchez's departure is not bad business. At least not if they live up to their potential. At least management is making an effort (see the Liverpool thread).

I don't think Welbeck does any one thing well enough to be much of an asset.

No its not bad business at all.......just not the business that he should be prioritizing.  Wenger's being Wenger, he's buying strikers and attacking kids when his defensive midfield and backline is falling apart.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks and in Wenger its compounded by astonishing arrogance.

#WENGERIN#

23 hours ago, carmine said:

Rumors that Arsenal are selling Giroud to Chelsea for 15m.  This would be the second direct rival they have strengthened!!  What on earth is going on there?  Has Wenger completely lost the plot?

And heres the best part;  if the Giroud deal goes through Arsenal will have sold three players this month who collectively scored 65 goals last season and all to direct rivals!!  Its just mental..............ArsenalfanTV is going to be a belter by tomorrow.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The Auby deal looks shaky to be honest.

Lacazette has been largely wasted thus far and in Auby you have the consummate trouble causing mercenary that doesn't care where he plays as long as the moneys pain into his account.  

Arsenal will continue to be Arsenal of recent years suffering from poor defense whilst playing reasonably entertaining football.  However, there are signs now that they could actually lose sight of the other five as Wenger continues to take them backwards and divide the club.  Its great actually.

• Haha 1

Fantastic that the Aubamayang deal has been converted and that Ozil has signed a new contract. As Carmine says it's extraordinary that there has been no bolstering of an already beleaguered defence. I thought Wenger was supposed to be an intellectual student of the game in his younger days. Surely he recognised at some stage in his career that every great team is built from the back forwards, not the other way round.

#only500days&hesgone# 

8 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Fantastic that the Aubamayang deal has been converted and that Ozil has signed a new contract. As Carmine says it's extraordinary that there has been no bolstering of an already beleaguered defence. I thought Wenger was supposed to be an intellectual student of the game in his younger days. Surely he recognised at some stage in his career that every great team is built from the back forwards, not the other way round.

#only500days&hesgone# 

Strange indeed baring in mind the hallmark of the team he inherited all those moons ago was a really solid defense.  He's made very good signings yes, but to compensate for the loss but the problems remain so in all reality, more of the same.

He's never leaving btw anti, he'll eventually be carried out in a pine coffin with a gun on the top at a ripe old age of ninety something!!!

• Haha 1