Arsenal

MiG16

11 minutes ago, StevieH said:

could be. weren't they supposed to be all over thomas tuchel? he's without a club as far as i remember.

I believe that there are concerns over his man management.  Certainly had issues in his last post.  Allegri looks like a fairly impeccable replacement to me.  Just seems a good fit.  

At this stage it seems so unrealistic that Wenger can last out this new two year contract.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StevieH said:

could be. weren't they supposed to be all over thomas tuchel? he's without a club as far as i remember.

I always thought that Wenger had earmarked Martinez as his replacement, as far back as Martinez's last season at Wigan. It is interesting to see that now Martinez is Belgium coach he has Thierry Henry on his staff. We will have to wait till after the World Cup, but if Deschamps drops the ball again Wenger could be the new France coach, the one job I think he covets.

Yesterday's rumours:

Mickey-tarian: No thanks

Richarlison: watched Watford play a couple of full games earlier in the season and thought that he was a guy we should be after; think he's cooled down since, but still a great prospect and a left side forward in the same role as Alexis.

Aubameyang: now that does excite me, but is he really available for £63m*? Again I think he's had poor recent form but I think I read before that he is disaffected at Dortmund. Could be another Sanchez problem stored up but hell of a striker last season and early this. Taking Aubam would maybe mean that Wenger has a real concern he wasted 60m on Lacazette (still believe there is a £60m box-fox in there, but Arsenal's set-up makes him hunt for the ball on the edges - complete waste of his strengths IMO).

No repeats of the Mahrez rumours. Would not have minded his acquisition but Richarlison is more of a future play and Aubamayang is different class and more what we need.

I'm guessing that Pep has been unimpressed with Sanchez's personal attitude over recent months and that's more of the reason Citeh have stepped out of the race than fit or form. If so, maybe Sanchez should heed! Clearly City don't need him to clean-up this season. Chelsea rumoured to be in the Sanchez chase now. I reckon they need him more than any other team (except for Arsenal!)

*Can't believe I'm saying 'only £63m' - the modern game eh?

• Like 1

aubameyang doesn't really seem to address arsenal's issues at the moment. plus he's apparently being a prick off the pitch at dortmund. you'd also have to wonder why arsenal aren't facing competition from madrid, chelsea, PSG etc to sign him.

On 15/01/2018 at 12:15 PM, carmine said:

At this stage it seems so unrealistic that Wenger can last out this new two year contract.

the old turd

has dodged  every bullett so far.out in a pine box is my call..hope i am right whilst csea have their problems at present arsenal are fluffed good and proper keep the turd and it will vcontinue thats want i like

49 minutes ago, jellydog said:

At least Everton will have a winger who might get behind the defense now.

it's certainly another player for sam to tell his defenders to launch the ball at.

walcott seems more concerned about his hair, beard and gold boots these days than actually being a good player. telling that the blues had no competition at all for him and he's taking a clear step down aged 28.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Yesterday's rumours:

Mickey-tarian: No thanks

Richarlison: watched Watford play a couple of full games earlier in the season and thought that he was a guy we should be after; think he's cooled down since, but still a great prospect and a left side forward in the same role as Alexis.

Aubameyang: now that does excite me, but is he really available for £63m*? Again I think he's had poor recent form but I think I read before that he is disaffected at Dortmund. Could be another Sanchez problem stored up but hell of a striker last season and early this. Taking Aubam would maybe mean that Wenger has a real concern he wasted 60m on Lacazette (still believe there is a £60m box-fox in there, but Arsenal's set-up makes him hunt for the ball on the edges - complete waste of his strengths IMO).

No repeats of the Mahrez rumours. Would not have minded his acquisition but Richarlison is more of a future play and Aubamayang is different class and more what we need.

I'm guessing that Pep has been unimpressed with Sanchez's personal attitude over recent months and that's more of the reason Citeh have stepped out of the race than fit or form. If so, maybe Sanchez should heed! Clearly City don't need him to clean-up this season. Chelsea rumoured to be in the Sanchez chase now. I reckon they need him more than any other team (except for Arsenal!)

*Can't believe I'm saying 'only £63m' - the modern game eh?

Your guess is overy analysing and the truth is printed almost everyday. Why pay for this guy now when he is free in 5 months. If he wants MCFC so badly he should button up and see out his contract. Swapping for mikryan is a good deal though if it happens. 

20 hours ago, StevieH said:

aubameyang doesn't really seem to address arsenal's issues at the moment. plus he's apparently being a prick off the pitch at dortmund. you'd also have to wonder why arsenal aren't facing competition from madrid, chelsea, PSG etc to sign him.

Yes he's a complete nightmare apparently, which might explain why such a talented player has such few suitors.  But, as you say, this wouldn't address Arsenal's issues and you have to question Wenger's logic.  Its a "same old Wenger" signing rather than dealing with defensive issues.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes he's a complete nightmare apparently, which might explain why such a talented player has such few suitors.  But, as you say, this wouldn't address Arsenal's issues and you have to question Wenger's logic.  Its a "same old Wenger" signing rather than dealing with defensive issues.

Wilshire and this guy in the same team could be fun to watch.

Terrible situation when you start a home game against Palace and you can't see where our goals are going to come from - oops Monreal just scored as  I was writing that!

My goodness - two up and playing like a team with a mission to show there is life after Sanchez?

Edited by SantiSuk
Second goal

25 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Terrible situation when you start a home game against Palace and you can't see where our goals are going to come from - oops Monreal just scored as  I was writing that!

My goodness - two up and playing like a team with a mission to show there is life after Sanchez?

Oh do be quiet Santi lol. :post-4641-1156694572:

Looks like a cricket score coming up!

• Haha 1

Don't expect me to be celebrating the win over Chelsea last night. Waste of space competition for already stretched top football clubs - should be optional to participate for Prem clubs.

Didn't watch the final last time around on 2011 and won't be watching the Man City final. 

Curmudgeonly or what? Have no problem if other fans think differently and hope they enjoy their day out at Wembley.

20 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Waste of space competition for already stretched top football clubs

Being in the final has meant changes to our fixture as well. Now we have you on Thursday in the Prem, Chelsea on Sunday in the Prem and Basel (Champs League) on the Wednesday. 3 games in 6 days

Think Santi you've been listening to Wenger (and others) too much.

The league cup has been around for 57 years or so (since 1961? ) and it's been compulsory for all 92 league clubs to join in for almost 50 years (since 1971?), and for the majority of that time, indeed until recent years, for clubs and their fans to want to win it. It's now 'fashionable' for the top teams - led possibly by Wenger - to play weakened teams because there's "too many games". <deleted>! Are clubs really playing that many more games than teams in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s? I doubt it - there's definitely fewer league games (42 was / 38 now) for a start. I have great memories of going to 3 Wembley league cup finals (W2, L1) and id love to go again if the opportunity arose. Was I blasé when we played in the final vs Sunderland and Liverpool in recent seasons - was I heck, I was desperate for a win as I will be on 25 February.
So sorry but im very definitely of a different opinion.

On 1/21/2018 at 6:15 AM, petermik said:

Must thank the gooners for the reported straight swap between Miki and Sanchez.....:thumbsup:

On 1/21/2018 at 6:22 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

I hear its costing you lot a fortune.

We can afford it.....Wenger stated the other day regarding the deal " I respect Manchester United as they generate the money they pay to their players with their own resources....and you must respect that"

green eyed monster syndrome Ronnie :whistling:

22 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Happy to accept the reality Peter that's all.

We're still punching above our weight by a huge amount financially.

And its creditable but with the money in football today its inevitable you will have difficulty in hanging on to your best players...their careers are short and without medals/trophies to show all they are left with are memories...and as we all know these fade in time :sad:

A club with your proud history is sadly lacking in the silverware department...your current owners have a lot to answer for :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

And its creditable but with the money in football today its inevitable you will have difficulty in hanging on to your best players...their careers are short and without medals/trophies to show all they are left with are memories...and as we all know these fade in time :sad:

A club with your proud history is sadly lacking in the silverware department...your current owners have a lot to answer for :thumbsup:

Not easy to compete with the lottery winners.

Your side are very fortunate to have the global income you do.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Careful Ronnie, he might want to come and see you for a chat, sounds like he's as hard as <deleted>!! :smile:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Football memories don’t fade, I still remember goals, tackles and even certain passes I made as far back as Under 8’s, that’s 35+ years ago. 

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yeah I mean for sure Sanchez chose United over City for trophies, they are much more likely to win one this year than City ?

Half a billion debt and rising...

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yeah I mean for sure Sanchez chose United over City for trophies, they are much more likely to win one this year than City ?

Just now, BangrakBob said:

And a rich mans Stoke City.  Incredibly dull to watch.