Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Are you then implying that Europe ( the UK is a European country) is our enemy ? You have mislaid your family brain cell. 

The European people are not our enemy, But the Bureaucratic E.U. Is most certainly our enemy.

79F406C8-51F4-473D-8848-DA6418D60C30.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Do do you have any idea how many non-voters there normally are in an election.

No, of course you don’t, so I will tell you that there were less non-voters for the referendum than there were for any recent general election.

I did vote because I managed not to fork up my paperwork. Perhaps remain voters (who couldn’t manage to vote)  should have been offered the assistance of a helper by the government......... perhaps lodge an appeal on that basis - you have tried ever other avenue of whinging.

I know that the turnout was high, the point is of those who did not vote most of them would have voted remain, so it begs the question, what is democracy, is it the will of the people or the result of an advisory referendum?

And I did not mess up my paperwork, it was the helper who messed it up, everyone has someone in their constituency whose job it is to assist in getting residents back on the electoral role, unfortunately mine misread my letter and took the address I was changing from as the address I was changing to, and so it was delayed and I missed the date, not that I am whinging about it, I was asked about it and so I told you about it, its really quite pathetic to ask someone a question and then use the answer to accuse them of whinging, it makes you seem very desperate.

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

They interviewed 12 million people?  Wow, that must have taken a while.

Another one who failed middle school maths, its called extrapolation, the very same thing that told the government that there may be enough people wanting Brexit for it be worthy of putting to a referendum, so I shouldn't knock it, or do you only when it isn't working in your favour?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Isn't it great we have you as an insider........5150.gif.dd6f6000be400a5881dfd4e2bb7a7585.gif

Have you read about any work being done for post brexit? According to bloomberg the government has only now asked industry about their supply chains, that should have been done at the very beginning. How are European standards to be mirrored,the institutions aren't in place. As for border customs the UK doesn't have the IT systems, the infrastructure or the trained staff to meet the increased demand and up till now nothing is being prepared. Max fac is dead by June when the EU refuses to accept it, even many UK IT people say it's unworkable. So what is being done to prove Britain's fighting optimism, nothing. Ireland has now hoisted its flag along with the EU's, Farage is livid.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Wasn't Brexit voted  on positively by a majority of Brits?       Mind changers?

It was only an advisory referendum, it was up to parliament to decide, and the referendum was a pretty close three way split between leave, remain and abstain.  In the time since the referendum the electorate has already changed by over 1 million people and yes, there are a lot of mind changers, also those who abstained who wish they hadn't.  The electorate today would almost certainly vote remain, but of course the leave brigade don't care about that, they bleat about democracy whilst ignoring the clear wishes of the majority, the ironic bunch that they are.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Seems to me that Brexit is stalled

Maybe time to abandon the idea?

Real men don’t ask for directions, and don’t turn back.

We should carry on boldly, or comically, until we are up to our axles in quagmire

• Like 1

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

Real men don’t ask for directions, and don’t turn back.

We should carry on boldly, or comically, until we are up to our axles in quagmire

But it only comes up to here on the ducks...

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Another one who failed middle school maths, its called extrapolation, the very same thing that told the government that there may be enough people wanting Brexit for it be worthy of putting to a referendum, so I shouldn't knock it, or do you only when it isn't working in your favour?

The interviewer gave up after the first mill, they couldn't speak English.:stoner:

20 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The interviewer gave up after the first mill, they couldn't speak English.:stoner:

Cool stuff.  I believe the London School of Economics has a proficiency in English higher than your own as an entry requirement.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

One of the few benefits of Brexit (for the EU, that is) is the upsurge in public support for it across the union.

IMG_20180511_142559.jpg

I’m sure it will be a better Union that we seek to rejoin

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

It wasn't, he did respect Hitler, as is clear in the full quote as it is in the little bit I posted.

Any other issues with the quotes I posted?  Better ask a friend, you'd have no idea, right?

My friend agrees with me. You don't know how to quote properly.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It was only an advisory referendum, it was up to parliament to decide, and the referendum was a pretty close three way split between leave, remain and abstain.  In the time since the referendum the electorate has already changed by over 1 million people and yes, there are a lot of mind changers, also those who abstained who wish they hadn't.  The electorate today would almost certainly vote remain, but of course the leave brigade don't care about that, they bleat about democracy whilst ignoring the clear wishes of the majority, the ironic bunch that they are.

SOS - different year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Sadly the terms to rejoin will never be so good.

Unless you think that the ability to abuse your workforce, deflate your currency, are a bad thing.  At last we will get all the benefits of the Union.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Rather contrasting to what he said just one year before when he said that both Liberals and Conservatives were “prepared to consider, and if convinced to accept, the abrogation of national sovereignty, provided that we are satisfied with the conditions and the safeguards”. 

And you are cherry picking from the 1951 speech, he also said that it was disadvantageous and dangerous for us to stand aloof, that it was regrettable that Britain did not take part in discussions regarding the establishment of a European army and that he supported us joining the ECSC. 

And then what did he say in 1957?

"We genuinely wish to join a European free trade area – and if our continental friends wish to reach agreement, I am quite sure a way can be found and that reasonable adjustments can be made to meet the essential interests of all."

And also consider his actions as MP, from us signing the Treaty of Rome in 1957 through to his retirement in 1964, not once did he stand up and say one word against our joining the EEC, it is very clear that he was not against our membership in the union.

Always "clear" innit?

54 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The vast majority of Brits want Brexit to be done and dusted now.

Many reluctant remainers are now re-Leavers.

Many who voted remain (or failed to vote) have now seen the EU's true colours and want out.

Many who voted remain purely to keep the status quo have now realised the EU's plans are not to keep the status quo, so they want out too.

I think a 2nd referendum would waste valuable time.  But there is a part of me that would welcome it, just to put this issue to bed. A 65/35 for Leave vote (my prediction) would help strengthen our position in the negotiations.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Maps courtesy of the wonderful, uncorruptable EU Commission (who else?). :smile:

Do you have data that suggests a different picture because, in the absence of an alternative I can see no reason not to accept it.

It must be mentally exhausting being a Brexiteer - the UK government lied, the EU lied - who do you trust in all of this?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The vast majority of Brits want Brexit to be done and dusted now.

Many reluctant remainers are now re-Leavers.

Many who voted remain (or failed to vote) have now seen the EU's true colours and want out.

Many who voted remain purely to keep the status quo have now realised the EU's plans are not to keep the status quo, so they want out too.

I think a 2nd referendum would waste valuable time.  But there is a part of me that would welcome it, just to put this issue to bed. A 65/35 for Leave vote (my prediction) would help strengthen our position in the negotiations.

Vast majority?

Like, >how much?

I will be delighted when the pantomime of Brexit is drawn to an end, hopefully with as little damage to our relationship with our neighbours as possible, and without bloodshed; it would be good if the UK survived intact as well.

We all have our dreams, and Mine are quite clear and eminently possible.

• Like 1