Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

58 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Never understand Brits.Why didn’t you join a Australia,American , Canadian, NZ type alliance , with folks who liked you, but you joined Europe who has done nothing but try to .invaded You.Wake up this is just the same in a new Trojan Horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Look at history, England has invaded more countries than any other country in the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Some of our mixed group of Ferangs here are quite pleased at the Pound drop, as with all Europeans it gets rid of the Cheap Charlies. Only ones we feel sorry for are the genuine ones who not save enough to retire easy, or but nice house here for Thai Family and pension small for Englishman yet big for German and Europe generally. Did You realy win WW2.?.

You appear not to be a Brit reliant on pounds so good of you to cheer on the pound's demise to get rid off the British riff-raff. And yes sorry will pay their bills I'm sure. I'm sensing some European schadenfreude here - they are almost relishing the British self-inflicted damage.

Just now, HAKAPALITA said:

I dont realy know, you came to help Norway, and folks my age {72} get a better deal than You Brits who helped us.That alone is disappointing.

Norway - I've been to Linda's in Jomtiem and experienced the eye-watering prices there - and got some funny looks from the exclusive Norwegians there. We had arrived on a night that Sputnik were playing and only when we went back to the condo and looked them up did I realise we had missed a cracking night of great music. And you're right the Scandi communities in Thailand are civilised , well off civilised Europeans who are credit to their countries and upbringing and for whom Thailand is hot and very cheap and a good place to overwinter. 

Just now, soalbundy said:

Look at history, England has invaded more countries than any other country in the world.

And the non benefactors of Granddads Actions have been more than overcharged. We had Vikings, we dont pay for them.Stupid Prep School comment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Norway - I've been to Linda's in Jomtiem and experienced the eye-watering prices there - and got some funny looks from the exclusive Norwegians there. We had arrived on a night that Sputnik were playing and only when we went back to the condo and looked them up did I realise we had missed a cracking night of great music. And you're right the Scandi communities in Thailand are civilised , well off civilised Europeans who are credit to their countries and upbringing and for whom Thailand is hot and very cheap and a good place to overwinter. 

Bit over the top. but thanks anyway.:post-4641-1156694083:

14 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No mention of the Saxons (now Germany) invading Britain, how far do you want to go back?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We are already feeling the pound rinse we will all feel it more - that is real. Well done fellas I raise my glass three quarters full to your goodwork ! :post-4641-1156694606: The pre-Brexit of 50 + baht now feels like a result though how we winged then. The pound fall does has some good effects though - we are spending more time in the UK spending our pounds there and helping the economy there rather than going abroad and realising how poor we are becoming. You guys out in LoS you are on the front line though so your self-sacrifice for the nation is much appreciated.

Good morning - beautiful day in Blighty.:smile:

Someone once said, "On a fine day the English climate is like looking up a chimney, on a foul day it is like looking down one''

Just now, soalbundy said:

Someone once said, "On a fine day the English climate is like looking up a chimney, on a foul day it is like looking down one''

Fred Dibnah, if my memory serves me well.

18 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I dont realy know, you came to help Norway, and folks my age {72} get a better deal than You Brits who helped us.That alone is disappointing.

Funny:

You assume that I am British, while many other posters deny me the right to comment on "their" Brexit, as I am only a foreigner!

22 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

And many were thankful for it....:stoner:

But I reckon the Germans took out more folk in a couple of years...:sad:

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

No mention of the Saxons (now Germany) invading Britain, how far do you want to go back?

as far as England was an established kingdom, you can google it. As for Saxons our race is called Anglo-Saxon for a reason, the original Brits retreated to Wales.

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you, but you are not breaking any news.

We know the Governments approach is wrong. It is wrong because Theresa May is a remainer and is trying to her best to keep the UK attached at the hip with the EU, by negotiating some fantasy deal that does not exist because the EU's goal is keeping the UK under the control of Brussels and the ECJ.

The Brexit approach should have been short and very sharp. Referendum - Article 50 invoked - Leave EU and WTO rules apply.

Now when you are ready and feel up to discussing something better than WTO rules, come and speak to us.

But this is pretty much how the EU are approaching Brexit. Art 50 has been triggered and the EU are treating the two year timeframe as a period of damage limitation as if the U.K. is fully leaving the EU/SM/CU.

They have identified three key issues which is funding commitments, rights of EU citizens in the U.K. already and their land border with the U.K. which has been the substance of negotiations so far and they are already well on the way to relocating EU bodies located in the U.K., finance and medicine agencies, and ramping up customs staff in RTM and elsewhere to handle increased workloads.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

as far as England was an established kingdom, you can google it. As for Saxons our race is called Anglo-Saxon for a reason, the original Brits retreated to Wales.

So now you're blaming the Welsh for all these invasions, make your mind up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

555... I seem to remember an invasion near Otta......

1 minute ago, vogie said:

So now you're blaming the Welsh for all these invasions, make your mind up.

No, they took up singing lessons and started growing leaks, they stayed where they were, the new owners of England, the mongrel hoard became the new Brits

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No, they took up singing lessons and started growing leaks, they stayed where they were, the new owners of England, the mongrel hoard became the new Brits

But the Celtic Brits were peace loving, the Romans ruled us and then left, leaving us defenceless, then the Saxons invaded us in the 5th century, we could not defend ourselves. Where were the Americans when we needed them?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

But the Celtic Brits were peace loving, the Romans ruled us and then left, leaving us defenceless, then the Saxons invaded us in the 5th century, we could not defend ourselves. Where were the Americans when we needed them?

As always they were a bit late.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps you're British not very bright did not vote, I reckon those those who were  bright made the effort..Hence the result....You were out voted by bright folk...:smile:

Actually, I flew back specifically. The part of Yorkshire where I registered to vote went for leave.

I think many did not bother because most people believed it would go the other way 

Anyway, the point still stands that many are not interested in the details of Brexit. Certainly many of the issues were not discussed at the time.

With all the info we have now I find it moronic to even consider leaving the CU and SM

And if that's not bad enough, to burn our bridges on leaving is insane. I think everyone realises that a leap into the unknow is a risk. But to compound that, we would lose all our special privileges and opt outs if we decided to rejoin after the next election ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

English Joke.  A Welsh Leisure Complex is a Sheep Tied to a Lamp Post. Hmm, hate to hear the German equiv..:partytime2:

19 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

English Joke.  A Welsh Leisure Complex is a Sheep Tied to a Lamp Post. Hmm, hate to hear the German equiv..:partytime2:

there would be three wellington boots next to the post for hire, one for use as a condom

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

No, precisely NOT. I think this was done cynically. It was not an accident. It probably was spotted at the lowest level. The government are covering up

OK I will post a link to the cut sheet data and then you can tell me how anybody could wrongly specify the material. The material used would have been fine for the ground and first floors. Another material (looking just the same) would have been OK up to 50m. V0 above that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-fire-arconic/arconic-knowingly-supplied-flammable-panels-for-use-in-tower-emails-idUSKBN19F05M

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Actually, I flew back specifically. The part of Yorkshire where I registered to vote went for leave.

I think many did not bother because most people believed it would go the other way 

Anyway, the point still stands that many are not interested in the details of Brexit. Certainly many of the issues were not discussed at the time.

With all the info we have now I find it moronic to even consider leaving the CU and SM

And if that's not bad enough, to burn our bridges on leaving is insane. I think everyone realises that a leap into the unknow is a risk. But to compound that, we would lose all our special privileges and opt outs if we decided to rejoin after the next election ?

''To disagree with three fourths of the British public on all points is one of the first elements of sanity, one of the deepest consolations in all moments of spiritual doubt''    Oscar Wilde

32 minutes ago, Grouse said:

OK I will post a link to the cut sheet data and then you can tell me how anybody could wrongly specify the material. The material used would have been fine for the ground and first floors. Another material (looking just the same) would have been OK up to 50m. V0 above that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-fire-arconic/arconic-knowingly-supplied-flammable-panels-for-use-in-tower-emails-idUSKBN19F05M

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-26/arconic-to-cease-high-rise-sales-of-panels-used-in-london-fire

Criminal negligence

IMG_2678.PNG

PE was used right to the top of Grenfell Tower; saving GBP 200k!

Edited by Grouse