Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Fool's errands.

Sturgeon is just about to embark on her own fool's errand

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/snp-s-delayed-report-on-economic-case-for-independence-criticised-by-opposition-mvs0f0np5

A case made by an former RBS economist !! Given the last 10 years of the RBS, anyone associated with RBS should not be anywhere near making an economic case for Scottish Independence.

What is it with you and deflections? Does the truth worry you so much that you keep a stock of dead cats at hand to hurl on the table whenever somthing uncomfortable pops up?

You are not obliged to rebutt every post, you know. Just accept it as fact - increasingly, people are turning away from Brexit.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Just accept it as fact - increasingly, people are turning away from Brexit.

Only because there is a decrease of old-fashion English guts today in the UK to dig in and hold their ground. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What is it with you and deflections?

Where is the deflection ?

You were the one who brought up fool's errands. I pointed out another one.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/snp-s-delayed-report-on-economic-case-for-independence-criticised-by-opposition-mvs0f0np5

Former RBS economist to make your economic case, couldn't make it up. 

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Where is the deflection ?

You were the one who brought up fool's errands. I pointed out another one.

Former RBS economist to make your economic case, couldn't make it up.

This thread is about Brexit. It is not that hard to follow, is it?

No comment on the clear evidence that shows support for Brexit is haemorrhaging by the day?

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Time to nail a small myth.

In the mighty EU there are approximately 800,000 - 1.2 Million Brits scattered, mostly across 6 EU Countries.

Around the World, there are approximately 3.5 million Brits scattered, mostly across another 6 Countries.

If the EU was so great and wonderful, would those numbers not be reversed ?

With its 35% youth ( 18 - 26 ) unemployment rate, the EU is not very good for Generation Snowflake.

These millions of ( How do you know ? ) Brits that want to emigrate are heading in the main, outside the EU.

Not sure why you think that the numbers across the world should outnumber those in Europe if Europe is great, but the world is pretty big, the EU is only the 7th largest territory, people live in different countries for many reasons and Europe is a popular choice for many Brits.

EU unemployment is 7.3%, who knows what relevance you thought youth unemployment had but the vast majority of Brits emigrating are older people.

As I said in my earlier post, in a survey of 12,000 people (try to at least read the posts you are replying to), over 40% of British people said they would consider moving to another Western European country, more stated that they would consider Canada and New Zealand, but no other non EU countries scored higher than Western European countries.

Now what was that myth you were going to nail?  Are you seriously living in denial of Brits love of Europe?  5% of the population live there part time, a million own holiday homes there, its the number one choice of retirees, but you think its all a myth, hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

EU unemployment is 7.3%, who knows what relevance you thought youth unemployment had but the vast majority of Brits emigrating are older people.

It's not often you are wrong, but you are wrong again. Most Brits that emigrate do so to find employment, only 20% of those that leave do so to retire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

That could be us older ones fault Mr Kwakers.

Yeah maybe your right, to be honest I don't care as long as the £ don't go below 15 baht while I'm alive.

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Tis is To complicated for Me.

Time for a Leo with fellow survivors.

For sure it is being made to be complicated in my book.

I'm off for a beer at 4 o/c ? I only have 2 part-time English guys occasionally to have a beer with, mostly I drink beer with Thai mates who drink whiskey & soda.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

More evidence that support for this fool's errand is waning by the day:

Support for Brexit falls sharply in Northern Ireland

"In 2016 the region voted 56% to remain... but support for leaving the bloc has fallen 13 points to 31%, undermining the Democratic Unionist party's continued staunch backing for Brexit.

"The survey... found that two years after the referendum support for remain had risen to 69%..."

After taking part in the survey, they were thanked and reminded that it was far too late to change their mind, and that they cannot change their vote retrospectively.

However it all ended well, they were given a free latte to alleviate their trauma, and wandered off happily, sending emojis to their friends.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's not often you are wrong, but you are wrong again. Most Brits that emigrate do so to find employment, only 20% of those that leave do so to retire.

In the EU specifically, 30% of Brits are aged over 65, 40% are aged from 50 to 64 and 15% are aged 30 to 49, that only leaves 5% who are youths and so only 5% for whom the "youth unemployment" stats are really relevant.

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

After taking part in the survey, they were thanked and reminded that it was far too late to change their mind, and that they cannot change their vote retrospectively. 

And keep shouting and hollering for a 2nd Referendum,  a 3rdReferendum, a 4th Referendum, 5th Referendum until a vote is reached for staying in the EU.

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

And keep shouting and hollering for a 2nd Referendum,  a 3rdReferendum, a 4th Referendum, 5th Referendum until a vote is reached for staying in the EU.

69% and rising? I think there would be no need for a 3rd...

• Confused 1

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

In the EU specifically, 30% of Brits are aged over 65, 40% are aged from 50 to 64 and 15% are aged 30 to 49, that only leaves 5% who are youths and so only 5% for whom the "youth unemployment" stats are really relevant.

If you say so.

The best estimate of Brits in the EU is between 800,000 and 1.2 million, so that throws your figures out the window.

Claims like that need to be backed with an outside source, someone saying it does not make it true.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

However it all ended well, they were given a free latte to alleviate their trauma, and wandered off happily, sending emojis to their friends.

What a crock, like democracy stops when you are happy with the result.  Just like in 1975, the result marks the beginning of the oppositions campaign.

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

If you say so.

The best estimate of Brits in the EU is between 800,000 and 1.2 million, so that throws your figures out the window.

Claims like that need to be backed with an outside source, someone saying it does not make it true.

What figure did you think was inaccurate?  I gave percentages so how could they be thrown out of the window by totals?  

I got them from Eurostat, unlike you own lack of figures and pure reliance on your own supposition, you ironic soul.

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

If it has taken you nearly 24 hours to come up with that stunning reply, I would guess it is something that you need not worry about.

Been out enjoying myself - been temple, walk down cliff face to visit buddhist shrine, mean then karaoke with my son and his thai friends ! 

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not some wizened keyboard warriors  taking out his failed life on the rest of the internet .

22 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What a crock, like democracy stops when you are happy with the result.  Just like in 1975, the result marks the beginning of the oppositions campaign.

I like to think that everyone hopes democracy will never end. However, the result of a democratic referendum ends when the votes have been counted, even if the disappointment, arguments and debating continue

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Please, can we chat English here, not USA stuff on an English topic....?

6 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I like to think that everyone hopes democracy will never end. However, the result of a democratic referendum ends when the votes have been counted, even if the disappointment, arguments and debating continue

It didn't end in 1975, the disappointment, argument and debate continued right up to till they got their way and had another referendum in 2016, and just the same, the disappointment, argument and debate continues since 2016, and they are quite likely to get another referendum in the future, increasingly likely.