Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

53 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

It is not acceptable to call all brexitears mentally, emotionally and socially  chalenged.

Firstly because that would be a breach of forum rules.

But most of all, that would be statistically incorrect, as it would be based on the assumption that TV Forum brexitears are a representative sample of brexitears in general.

I like the cut of your jib - oldhippy.... 

Edited by beautifulthailand99

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Here's what you said: "Reported hate crimes have increased five fold since the referendum"

That is not referring to a spike. I'd call it fear mongering.

Things are getting reported in the foreign press too

https://london.frenchmorning.com/2018/05/22/brexit-eleves-lycee-de-gaulle-agressions-xenophobes/

59 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Here's what you said: "Reported hate crimes have increased five fold since the referendum"

That is not referring to a spike. I'd call it fear mongering.

But they have increased five fold, and for the first time in recorded history.  Did you read the link, it is far from fear mongering.

Do you know what five fold means?  In percentage terms that is 500%.  I'll repeat the facts for you:

"The number of hate crimes in England and Wales has increased by 29%, according to Home Office statistics.

There were 80,393 offences in 2016-17, compared with 62,518 in 2015-16"

Your link was a just convoluted attempt at blaming Brexit. I'd accept there was a spike after the referendum.  But saying hate crimes have increased five fold since the referendum is just a lie.

And trying to insinuate that increase was because of the referendum makes it a fear mongering lie.

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you know what five fold means?  In percentage terms that is 500%.  I'll repeat the facts for you:

"The number of hate crimes in England and Wales has increased by 29%, according to Home Office statistics.

Your link was a just convoluted attempt at blaming Brexit. I'd accept there was a spike after the referendum.  But saying hate crimes have increased five fold since the referendum is just a lie.

No it’s not.  It’s a misrepresentation of a fact.  If you don’t understand the difference, I can understand why you might be in favour of leaving the EU.

42 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

No it’s not.  It’s a misrepresentation of a fact.  If you don’t understand the difference, I can understand why you might be in favour of leaving the EU.

Tell me how that was a misrepresentation of a fact.

• Like 1

And trying to insinuate that increase was because of the referendum makes it a fear mongering lie.

I am sorry that you are struggling with such basic grammar but I can assure you that a spike of 500% does mean that we have now seen a five fold increase in hate crimes in the UK, we had never seen such an increase before in the UK, not even in the aftermath of terrorist attacks, I did not claim that the annual average has increased 500%, just what the UK has seen post Brexit, which is some nasty stuff.

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I am sorry that you are struggling with such basic grammar but I can assure you that a spike of 500% does mean that we have now seen a five fold increase in hate crimes in the UK, we had never seen such an increase before in the UK, not even in the aftermath of terrorist attacks, I did not claim that the annual average has increased 500%, just what the UK has seen post Brexit, which is some nasty stuff.

It would've been more honourable if you'd just admitted you messed up. I give up.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It would've been more honourable if you'd just admitted you messed up. I give up.

That's what I say about Brexit !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Where are the ears brexiting too ?

Are your ears somewhat like some peoples teeth, they can be removed at night ?

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The irony is you can't spell Brexiteers

So it never occured to you that brexitears is just as silly / annoying as remoaners?

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I like the cut of your jib - oldhippy.... 

As some brexitears have pointed out, my English is not really up to standards.

Well, not up to the standards of how well those brexi-tears speak foreign languages.

Yes, this may come as a shock to insular people, but to most of the world English is a foreign language.

Anyway, I will concider your reply about cut and jib as a compliment, untill further notice.

11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

As some brexitears have pointed out, my English is not really up to standards.

Well, not up to the standards of how well those brexi-tears speak foreign languages.

Yes, this may come as a shock to insular people, but to most of the world English is a foreign language.

Anyway, I will concider your reply about cut and jib as a compliment, untill further notice.

You write English better than many native born and your views on Brexit are first class.  It's a compliment from one European to another ! ? Long Live a Peaceful Europe !

Image result for eu flag

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I like the cut of your Jib

• Like 1

What a turn up for the books. First, Hans-Olaf Henkel, one of Germany’s leading industrialists and member of the European Parliament, says that Britain quitting the EU is an epic disaster because with us leaving, “the last country with common sense leaves the EU”.

And now Bernard-Henri Lévy, the great French intellectual, warns that Europe will collapse if Brexit goes ahead. In a dynamite interview at the weekend, Lévy said that the EU will collapse if Britain leaves because it is the brain of Europe, and “when the body is deprived of its brain and its heart, its spirit dies”.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/margareta-pagano-eu-must-learn-103300609.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

For those not in the know Margareta Pagano is one of Britain's leading Financial  journalists. She was formerly Business Editor of the Independent and we all know how highly regarded, by Remainers,  the Independent is as a reliable source of information.

• Like 1

Brexit will divide the UK for a generation 

"Domestically, we can have a 21st century thirty years war in which true path Leavers resume the campaign for the hardest possible clean break Brexit and reject any economic deal the EU could ever conceivably sign; and the hard Remainers say that everything bar remaining or reapplying for full membership is an unacceptable loss from the status quo. We can have two different “stab in the back” legends running concurrently, given that, as the Swiss always correctly observe, no negotiation with the EU ever ends, and there is no permanent, completely stable end state, we could indeed actually have this sterile debate for ever…

But the sooner we realise there are no perfect choices, that there are serious trade-offs between sovereignty and market access interests and that we are best off if we make stone cold sober judgments of where sovereignty at the national level can be real and effective, and where it is purely notional and actually a material loss of control, the better for the UK".

Edited by tebee
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I am not being pedantic, and the meaning you attach to it is not near enough. I am not calling you out for a typo or punctuation, but for the completely incorrect use of a word.

Ironic that is you leavers that are always telling us that people of greater intellect and a better educational standard  voted to remain, while those that voted for Brexit were of a lower educational and social standing.

I guess I should be thanking you for exposing the myth

You obviously inhabit a world of problems, your ego is clamouring to be right, who am I to deny it its sugar. I don't believe that I have made a distinction of intelligence between leavers and remainers, I don't think that the difference of opinion is a matter of intelligence but rather one of emotion, it certainly is in my case because I have strong emotional attachments to the continent. Nobody can know how brexit will turn out in the long term, in the short term it is surely apparent that a hard brexit will cause chaos  and financial hardship. Newspapers report that most British families don't have enough savings to tide them over for even a month and many rely on credit for the monthly bills, couple this with falling house prices (lack of equity for house owners) and possible rising mortgages and you have the perfect storm. Whatever, I don't have a dog in the fight, all I have from the UK is a British passport.

4 minutes ago, aright said:

Will or could?

As opposed to ceding sovereignty, freedom, democracy and the rule of law to the contra-democratic EU Commission and the European Court of Justice and the EU unaccountable unelected officials who, at times,  are devoid of integrity...………..which could divide the UK for a lifetime. 

Will divide - Whatever course we take there will be those that say it was the wrong one. Can you see the people who have posted here ever reconciling?

There are less   unaccountable unelected officials in Brussels than there are in our own civil service. If you  insist on getting your views from the trash British tabloids#, then there is nothing I can do to help you. The younger generation don't, which is why they have a much higher regard for European institutions.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

Will divide - Whatever course we take there will be those that say it was the wrong one. Can you see the people who have posted here ever reconciling?

There are less   unaccountable unelected officials in Brussels than there are in our own civil service. If you  insist on getting your views from the trash British tabloids#, then there is nothing I can do to help you. The younger generation don't, which is why they have a much higher regard for European institutions.  

There is a difference between a civil service which helps the government develop and implement it's policies and a Commission which proposes new laws, sets EU spending priorities, and enforces EU laws and speaks on behalf of all EU countries. I'm not looking for help and I'm sorry you don't respect the quality of my views, it kills any  further conversation really doesn't it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Your reading skills are not my problem, my grammar was purposely ambiguous, you thought you knew what I meant but you didn't, deal with it, no doubt you are used to dealing with the same problem every time you read a headline.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

I just loved the bit in the link that the EU are going to lose a country with "brains" which to me shows what the guy thinks of many other members..

I

'm not entirely sure I'd want the "brains" that are currently running Britain as part of my organization anyway...

25 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

The EU is incapable of learning.

Every single issue has the same answer for the EU. We need more EU and we need more money.

The goal is full scale Federalisation controlled by Brussels and under the umbrella of the ECJ.

No other path will be considered.

What's wrong with federalisation ? It must be obvious to anyone that that is the target, it's a big cold world out there,there are no friends, how do you deal with the USA, China, Russia and India alone. Only when Europe can speak and act as one block do we have a chance of being more than just a football, the USA and China are virtually carving up the world for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

I

'm not entirely sure I'd want the "brains" that are currently running Britain as part of my organization anyway...

What can you have against such intellectual giants as Bojo,Gove,Corbyn and May ?