Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

And yet they still have more MPs than every other party combined.

What is nonsensical about independence? Why does it make more sense to be ruled from London?

indeed - if it's good for UK to be separate from Europe, why is it also not good for  Scotland to be separate from England ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tebee said:

indeed - if it's good for UK to be separate from Europe, why is it also not good for  Scotland to be separate from England ?

Could you not also ask why someone who wants their country to break free from the UK also wants their country to be under EU jurisdiction?

Actually I think I had this discussion with RuamRudy before, so the question was probably already answered.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

Do you think the Scots should be consulted on this?

1 hour ago, vogie said:

What are recent events, the last general election where one third of the SNP lost their seats, including many big guns. The Scots are not going anywhere, they have more sense.

You're probably just jealous, and wish your government had a majority, instead of having to rely on the DUP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

Makes sense but Scotland have also said they want to remain part of the EU so although on the one hand they don't want to be ruled from London on the other hand they are obviously happy to be ruled from Brussels. What's independent about that? 

That is the million dollar question.

Why oh why does anyone want freedom from London to become totally trapped by Brussels.

Stunning logic

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

You just like the rest of us know full well that of those that bothered to vote 52% of them voted to leave not 37%. A million more voted to leave than voted to stay which was an incontestable majority.

Before the referendum Call Me Dave and his cohorts in the government made it as plain as day that the result would be irreversible and final and for once and to his credit he threw his towel into the ring, accepted the people's decision and resigned. It's a shame the rest of the remainers did not follow his example, accept the result and start behaving in the interests of the country.

If the liberals, multiculturalists and globalists had not insisted on flooding the country with unwanted immigrants there would never have been a referendum in the first place. It's in their direction that you remainers should be directing your anger and insults not at the folk who were never consulted about this population replacement when it all began. Joe Bloggs has seen what's happened to London and places like Bradford and Birmingham without his approval, does not like it and has now said so. You can't make him change his mind.

I obviously voted to leave and if we were MADE to do so again I'd be even more determined to vote out than I was before and I'm sure the rest of the Brexiteers feel exactly the same way. Anything that upsets the liberals and the snowflakes has got to be a good thing.

If we were playing Brexit bingo, I think you would have gotten a full house with that post. There aren't many of those well worn motifs you didn't touch upon.

I am not sure that I insulted anyone in my post - did I? You, on the other hand, have made reference to upsetting 'liberals and snowflakes' but, don't worry, I am not so thin skinned.  

To my surprise, this thread has been remarkably free of the G word which, I understand, is considered even more offensive than the N word.

P.S. Yogi mate, please familiarise yourself with the Forum rules - you are not allowed to edit anyone else's post in any way, and that includes making font bold.

Edited by RuamRudy

8 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

That is the million dollar question.

Why oh why does anyone want freedom from London to become totally trapped by Brussels.

Stunning logic

That a tiny region of Belgium, not even the country itself, can put a halt to the EU-Canada trade deal suggests that they have a lot more clout in the EU than Scotland has in the UK. Otherwise we would have stopped Brexit.

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If we were playing Brexit bingo, I think you would have gotten a full house with that post. There aren't many of those well worn motifs you didn't touch upon.

I am not sure that I insulted anyone in my post - did I? You, on the other hand, have made reference to upsetting 'liberals and snowflakes' but, don't worry, I am not so thin skinned.  

To my surprise, this thread has been remarkably free of the G word which, I understand, is considered even more offensive than the N word.

I said 'you remainers' not you personally or in particular.

What are the G and N words whose use you seem to be so concerned about. It's a bit hard to get the gist of your posts when they're in some sort of private code. Come on spill the beans, we're all big boys here!

Edited by yogi100
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I said 'you remainers' not you personally or in particular.

What are the G and N words whose use you seem to be so concerned about. It's a bit hard to get the gist of your posts when they're in some sort of private code. We're all big boys here!

Since you asked - 'Gammon' has become the riposte of choice for the snowflakes, and apparently the pro Brexit lobby object strongly, complaining that it is somehow racist against jowly, floral faced men of a certain age. 'Numpty' is something much closer to our hearts as it is (or was?) a term used by one of our fellow stalwarts.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That a tiny region of Belgium, not even the country itself, can put a halt to the EU-Canada trade deal suggests that they have a lot more clout in the EU than Scotland has in the UK.

My My My, showing your ignorance again. Wallonia has no clout in the EU, where it had its clout was within Belgium, when the Belgium Government voted on CETA.

100 lines

Must try harder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

My My My, showing your ignorance again. Wallonia has no clout in the EU, where it had its clout was within Belgium, when the Belgium Government voted on CETA.

100 lines

Must try harder.

Not correct. And I am Belgian.

What you mean is: Belgium needs unanimity from it's regions for important decisions like this.

So Wallonia has - indirectly - clout in Europe.

Do the Scots have the same rights?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

100 lines

Must try harder.

I think it’s great that the Belgian government throws its weight behind its regions to try and steer EU policy.  We used to be able to do that.

Our industry will comply with European standards, if we want to export, not only to Europe, but to countries in Asia and elsewhere that choose to use or adopt European standards, but we will have no say in their development.  I liked it when we could contribute to the standards that we used.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

And yet they still have more MPs than every other party combined.

What is nonsensical about independence? Why does it make more sense to be ruled from London?

Why be ruled by Westminster, where you are over represented. Much better to be ruled by the Bureaucrats in Brussels. Who will just ignore the Scots.

9B79E67D-D121-4A3B-98FA-BED5874E8890.jpeg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Not correct. And I am Belgian.

What you mean is: Belgium needs unanimity from it's regions for important decisions like this.

So Wallonia has - indirectly - clout in Europe.

Do the Scots have the same rights?

But that cannot be, Belgian, as a unified country does not exist. Two languages, different media for the two parts. In fact I’m reliable informed that the people of 

both area dislike  each other. What they do have is a unifying head of state, and the knowledge that the E.U. Is spending a great deal of German and British money in Brussels.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think it’s great that the Belgian government throws its weight behind its regions to try and steer EU policy.  We used to be able to do that.

The Belgian government did support the region at the expense of 27 member states who wanted the deal  because of an estimated increase of 20 % in trade as a result of the elimination of 98% of the tariffs. The interests of 0.007% of the EU population prevented a deal which would benefit 500 million people

Belgium's Dutch-speaking Flanders region, Geert Bourgeois, said the blockage was "a real shame"."We're the laughing stock of the whole world," said the centre-right leader, quoted by Reuters news agency. "It's bad for Wallonia, for Flanders, for Belgium, for Europe, for the whole world."

How did Wallonia's stand steer EU policy?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

You just like the rest of us know full well that of those that bothered to vote 52% of them voted to leave not 37%. A million more voted to leave than voted to stay which was an incontestable majority.

Before the referendum Call Me Dave and his cohorts in the government made it as plain as day that the result would be irreversible and final and for once and to his credit he threw his towel into the ring, accepted the people's decision and resigned. It's a shame the rest of the remainers did not follow his example, accept the result and start behaving in the interests of the country.

If the liberals, multiculturalists and globalists had not insisted on flooding the country with unwanted immigrants there would never have been a referendum in the first place. It's in their direction that you remainers should be directing your anger and insults not at the folk who were never consulted about this population replacement when it all began. Joe Bloggs has seen what's happened to London and places like Bradford and Birmingham without his approval, does not like it and has now said so. You can't make him change his mind.

I obviously voted to leave and if we were MADE to do so again I'd be even more determined to vote out than I was before and I'm sure the rest of the Brexiteers feel exactly the same way. Anything that upsets the liberals and the snowflakes has got to be a good thing.

You also know it was 37% of the electorate that voted to leave .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I posted a pamphlet above that was distributed to every single household in the UK that very clearly stated the intention of the Common Market was to merge Europe into one nation and your reply is a completely unverified claim that it "seemed to be hidden from the electorate at the time", more like you have heard someone say that it was and you believed them without a scrap of evidence and even when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary you are still blinded by that lie that you bought.  Time to wake up, the British public were never lied to,  Parliament had just spent the previous four years regularly debating this very topic.  In 1971. the Telegraph reported, “Continuing a trend, MPs turned more and more to talking about the issue of sovereignty and tended to be rather brief on economic topics."

I haven't made any comments about Germany's intentions so I don't know what I should be looking for in the history books, I am afraid you have lost me there, we were talking about the EU.

Yes, the next expansion will be into more poorer states, the idea of the EU being to level Europe economically, however it is hard to take someone seriously who expresses concern about a country joining which already joined 5 years ago, and especially from someone who has the gall to tell other people to "read some", you really are a funny one!

Holes in my argument?  And where exactly is yours?  Just saying that it is so, expressing your concern for Germany and fears for future accession states, that is not an argument, that is just what is bothering you, if you have anything at all that does anything to counter anything I have said then I am all ears, but so far the best you have produced is that you think that the small print of the Treaty of Rome was somehow hidden from the British electorate.  Here it is, there is no small print, and the objective were made crystal clear.

https://ec.europa.eu/romania/sites/romania/files/tratatul_de_la_roma.pdf

The EU is the most democratic system the world has ever seen, it is nothing like our House of Lords, clearly you do not understand how it works at all.

With the new system it is impossible to backtrack and find the post where you said "the Germans had no intention of expanding to the East of Europe" in WWII.

The leaflet is interesting, did you read it at the time?

I have read some of the other posts you have made and it is quite obvious you have little if any understanding of what is happening and why it is essential the UK leaves the EU entirely.

Your Churchill quotes are a joke, he was a politician and made many statements on European integration. Pick one for your own ends.

Here's a quote from Tony Benn...

https://youtu.be/dQY2CHx4d3U

Oh, and did you have a vote in June 2016?

??

• Like 2