Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

Super

I'll have to figure out how to stop getting notifications as it has got really boring and off topic for me. but fair enough for those wanting to discuss it. Is there not a UK sub forum?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I'll have to figure out how to stop getting notifications as it has got really boring and off topic for me. but fair enough for those wanting to discuss it. Is there not a UK sub forum?

Just ignore them like what I do normally, 55555 although I have had the odd nibble

Apart from that lets not be killjoys 

Edited by oldlakey

41 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I believe that at the top of the page is a icon 'following' and if you click on it you can un-follow the topic.

The reason the topic was closed because of the large number of notifications that are generated by every post which was causing a problem during the upgrade.     

• Thanks 1

"No one in the country now believes that Brexit is as easy, uncomplicated, rapid or beneficial as they were told in the Summer of 2016. Arrogance and bluster are colliding with the cold realities of economics in an interdependent world."

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnists/nick-clegg-the-brexiteers-are-right-to-panic/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tebee said:

"No one in the country now believes that Brexit is as easy, uncomplicated, rapid or beneficial as they were told in the Summer of 2016. Arrogance and bluster are colliding with the cold realities of economics in an interdependent world."

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnists/nick-clegg-the-brexiteers-are-right-to-panic/

We live in interesting, dangerous times especially now with the Italian debacle. It makes me think of a violent argument between husband and wife, either they can both make compromises and patch things up or the marriage falls apart. A collapse of the Euro may be a joyful prospect for brexiteers but the reverberations of this earthquake would be felt worldwide with some awful consequences for just about everybody before things settle down. I can imagine however a scenario where the weak return to their currencies and leave the EU and a strong core remains, whatever, this is going to be complicated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

You do not imagine a scenario, we used to have that in the past, it was called the Common Market in those days.

The only complication to returning to the Common Market will be caused by the EU Institutions, who will find themselves subject to mass unemployment and they will not give up their seat on the Brussels gravy train without a fight.

but I thought the electorate were in control ?

26 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No, you're the one that has missed the point. It was my comment, and I was lauding BMW’s commitment to continue production of the Mini at their Oxford plant, securing thousands of jobs for UK workers. You chose to try and find something negative in the safe future of British jobs, just to bolster your pro-EU narrative; I find that rather sad

It must be very demanding, getting up everyday and looking for the bad in anything good, the negative in anything positive, looking for pessimism where there is optimism and hope. I see a light at the end of a tunnel, while you see nothing but the beam of the burglar’s torch ……. I am so glad to be in the positive, uplifting space that I am in my life, with my bright sunny outlook for the future.

Good for you!

Your battery is going flat I think ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

Such wonderful satire and a deep misunderstanding of realty.

Internet forums have not spoken, a Referendum did.

Internet forums are inhabited by angry remainers.

Why do so many people, who claim to be from Mainland Europe, all remainers, infest the British MSM on a daily basis ? Does Brussels HQ really have the equivalent  of a Russian troll factory ?

If you could find me some sponsorship to post on here I would be very grateful. Not have to worry so much about this tedious work thing and i'd be able to give my cryptokitties the time they deserve.....

On Friday I posted this in response to some unsubstantiated poll.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-politics-euro-election-analysis/italys-fresh-election-risks-being-referendum-on-euro-idUSKCN1IT1IF

Nah, you are wrong Francesco, according to the remainers on here, there is no threat and they publish childish cartoons showing increasing support for the EU project.

No, you previous post is still a ridiculous, poorly thought through idea.

The article you have posted talks about another election in Italy and makes no mention of the EU adding any questions to it, indeed it does not mention anything about a specific question about membership of the EU but appears to be an opportunity for voters to elect a eurosceptic party as happens in a normal general election.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 5/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, tebee said:

Some of us see Freedom of movement as a good thing old bean.......

It’s possible for those who live in France and for people who work in certain occupations in the U.K.  Unfortunately for the majority of Brits, it’s a very bad deal. But why should you think of others, that’s not what selfish people do.

CFC6515E-739D-4DB5-98B3-2D726684861E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No, you're the one that has missed the point. It was my comment, and I was lauding BMW’s commitment to continue production of the Mini at their Oxford plant, securing thousands of jobs for UK workers. You chose to try and find something negative in the safe future of British jobs, just to bolster your pro-EU narrative; I find that rather sad

It must be very demanding, getting up everyday and looking for the bad in anything good, the negative in anything positive, looking for pessimism where there is optimism and hope. I see a light at the end of a tunnel, while you see nothing but the beam of the burglar’s torch ……. I am so glad to be in the positive, uplifting space that I am in my life, with my bright sunny outlook for the future.

You read the daily mail or telegraph lately? Read anything positive about anything that is not brexit?

8 minutes ago, nontabury said:

It’s possible for those who live in France and for people who work in certain occupations in the U.K.  Unfortunately for the majority of Brits, it’s a very bad deal. But why should you think of others, that’s not what selfish people do.

CFC6515E-739D-4DB5-98B3-2D726684861E.jpeg

Wait till we all stand in line with the non EU passports to go on the razzle in Amsterdam, Ibiza etc,blue won't cut it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, adammike said:

Wait till we all stand in line with the non EU passports to go on the razzle in Amsterdam, Ibiza etc,blue won't cut it.

Just out of interest, are you expecting any serious replies to this comment ?  If so, you can count me out