Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

so destroy the EU and all that debt and poverty will disappear, I can't wait.

You are so blind that you cannot see that it is these problems that are going to ultimately destroy the EU.

10 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

It matters not that poverty, homelessness, rampant youth employment, hidden debt and all sorts of other nasties are lurking about just under the surface.

These are more EZ specific problems than EU problems.

But if the EZ goes, so does the whole EU.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

You are so blind that you cannot see that it is these problems that are going to ultimately destroy the EU.

These are more EZ problems than EU problems.

Well the UK is still a part of it and by the looks of things will remain so but thanks to leavers probably without a voice at the table and when we inevitably rejoin as a full member without a rebate and without the pound. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Purely because uk politicians have no intention of giving up their own financial benefits.  Both now and in the future.

How do UK politicians benefit from being in the EU?  And if it is good for them, why is it not good for me?

Apart from the benefit of being part of a large and prosperous economy, obviously, and the reduction of the likelihood of another war in Europe, freedom of movement etc.  In fact, politicans don't benefit very much from freedom of employment, because I don't think having served a sentence in the House of Commons would stand you in good stead for a job in Europe, except perhaps in Brussels but as a British representative, so, as far as I am aware, employed in Britain in any case.

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

Indeed! I worry that if we leave and then rejoin we lose very important rebates and exemptions. What is the point of leaving if the status quo remains for at least two or three years.

If Corbyn and his acolytes stymie the current bid to remain in the EEA/SM/CU he will betray the very people Labour are supposed to represent 

And it was all going to be so easy.LMAO

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

With respect, I don't think you have any understanding whatsoever about the discontent, if you believe the EU is not the cause of it.

All of the ‘populist’ parties that have seen a surge in support have been campaigning against uncontrolled immigration, and monetary policies that have seen the implosion of the economies of the Southern European members, leaving them with 30% youth unemployment as a result. They all seem to hold the EU responsible for these problems, even if you wish to remain in denial.

I'm not going to respond to all of that, I have things to do. But

1) I don't think the UK has suffered much from a tidal wave of asylum seekers or many migrants from ME or N Africa compared to many other countries

2) Look up gini coefficients and look at inequality over time. Look at typical EU pensions and unemployment benefits

3) Look at EU housing and the strong rental sector

4) Who was the queen of monetarism and who was her chief advisor?

The populists in the U.K. Have the wrong target. They will suffer most

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

With respect, I don't think you have any understanding whatsoever about the discontent, if you believe the EU is not the cause of it.

All of the ‘populist’ parties that have seen a surge in support have been campaigning against uncontrolled immigration, and monetary policies that have seen the implosion of the economies of the Southern European members, leaving them with 30% youth unemployment as a result. They all seem to hold the EU responsible for these problems, even if you wish to remain in denial.

People have always complained about immigrants, but it makes societies stronger in the end. Often  it's the early immigrants complaining about the later ones.

1_9x8NZnjiuf9uaRzODy_7yg.jpeg

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Apart from the benefit of being part of a large and prosperous economy,

Only it is not prosperous is it ?

It had a good year in 2017 thanks to €2.5 Trillion in QE.

Take a look at EZ figures from February onwards after QE was cut to €30Billion a month.

Downward trajectory all the way.

• Like 1

Just now, The Renegade said:

Take a look at EZ figures from February onwards after QE was cut to €30Billion a month.

still expanding just the rate of expansion has gone down, hardly a from wealth to rags story, the reduction in QE was bound to have an effect as the UK will find out

4 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

You leavers are only interested in economics. There is more to it than that ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

That depends on who they are fighting for.  

The populists may not be on the side of the populace that do their fighting for them.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's all about freedom, i'll be glad to get rid of these chains around my legs and being forced to speak Flemish.

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Enlighten me !!

I need a laugh ??

I'm still waiting on my Irish History lesson that you have had almost 3 weeks to prepare.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It's all about freedom, i'll be glad to get rid of these chains around my legs and being forced to speak Flemish.

It's about taking back control.  First we get rid of Brussels then Westminster; Edinburgh; and finally - FIFE WILL BE FREE!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Enlighten me !!

I need a laugh ??

I'm still waiting on my Irish History lesson that you have has almost 3 weeks to prepare.

Robert the Bruce invaded Ireland, didn't do him any good he was defeated by the English/Irish army and his brother was killed, put an Irishman on the spit and you will always find another Irishman to turn him. Irish rebellion, put down, potato famine, mass emigration, another rebellion, Churchill sends in the black and tans to no avail, division of Ireland, IRA, the troubles, good friday agreement, EU membership, peace and harmony, brexit, the Irish border problem, history of Ireland.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

In Thailand ?

Talk to a mirror often ?

Who talks to mirror? Most people talk to their reflection, don't we?

Edit: Except for the wicked queen in Snow White, of course.

Edited by StreetCowboy

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Who talks to mirror? Most people talk to their reflection, don't we?

Edit: Except for the wicked queen in Snow White, of course.

was that ''mirror mirror on the wall who is the most beautiful of all''

''EU are'' it answers.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I'm not going to respond to all of that, I have things to do. But

1) I don't think the UK has suffered much from a tidal wave of asylum seekers or many migrants from ME or N Africa compared to many other countries

2) Look up gini coefficients and look at inequality over time. Look at typical EU pensions and unemployment benefits

3) Look at EU housing and the strong rental sector

4) Who was the queen of monetarism and who was her chief advisor?

Why have you responded to my comment with stuff about the UK. My comment was, in its entirety, about the surge in support for ‘populist’ parties within the EU, and the blame that can be apportioned to EU's monetary and immigration policies for this rise, which you were refusing to accept.

If you wish to post about other matters, I respectfully suggest that you post your own comment, rather than as a response to mine, when it has no relevance to what I have said.

Also, please don't instruct me to look things up, I don't take instructions from you or anyone else. If you want to look them up and post your findings, fine, but don't expect me to.

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why have you responded to my comment with stuff about the UK. My comment was, in its entirety, about the surge in support for ‘populist’ parties within the EU, and the blame that can be apportioned to EU's monetary and immigration policies for this rise, which you were refusing to accept.

If you wish to post about other matters, I respectfully suggest that you post your own comment, rather than as a response to mine, when it has no relevance to what I have said.

Also, please don't instruct me to look things up, I don't take instructions from you or anyone else. If you want to look them up and post your findings, fine, but don't expect me to.

I think he was responding to your post as if it was on topic and about Brexit.  

Although addressed in reply to you, Mr Speaker, he may have been aiming his comments to a wider audience, hence why he did not send them by PM.

SC

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

government speeches, like ''brexit means brexit'' ''believe in me I will deliver brexit'' that sort of thing ? I can only presume that all these Asian initiatives have been approved by Brussels, probably because there are a lot of European companies in Asia actually producing things.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think he was responding to your post as if it was on topic and about Brexit.  

Although addressed in reply to you, Mr Speaker, he may have been aiming his comments to a wider audience, hence why he did not send them by PM.

SC

My comment was about a specific issue that is topic related, which you should know, unless you just respond on behalf of other posters without knowing the preceding sequence of comments.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

government speeches, like ''brexit means brexit'' ''believe in me I will deliver brexit'' that sort of thing ? I can only presume that all these Asian initiatives have been approved by Brussels, probably because there are a lot of European companies in Asia actually producing things.

As long as they're getting on with it I couldn't care less.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/raising-the-bar-for-regional-security-cooperation

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-digital-and-tech-firms-power-ahead-in-global-trade-race

Edited by evadgib