Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Now we are getting to the nitty-gritty of the negotiations just watch the Euro crew cave in.

Britain has defeated the powers of Europe in the past. If the EU does the dirty on us - by giving us a raw deal - we can easily blockade any North Sea ports and block sea traffic through the Straights of Gib.

We Brits didn't build an Empire by cowering under the bed-sheets. I'm ready for the fight; like loads of others.

Rule Britania!!

Oh dear. Nelson is dead. 'We' didn't build an Empire, you are stealing the 'achievements' of others, 'we' didn't even lose it, our grandfathers had to give in to men of courage who were fed up with their countries being robbed by stuffed shirts in London, a sort of Empexit.

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes, Kieran00001, you may laugh, but just look what happens to countries that upset the two great powers? Remember Argentina?! The US and Britain did not become great by hiding behind sand dunes. But we don't need the US on this one. Watch out you EU beerocraats we are coming/gunning for ya.

We will fight them on the beaches

we will fight them in the long grass,,,,

etc,,etc,,,.

Sound familiar??

Not very familiar, but then you did just make up the long grass sentence.

Anyway, you're off your rocker, but by all means, get your "dozens" together, but do bear in mind that there are hundreds of millions of us rather than dozens.

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I sincerely hope that was supposed to be satire!  Blocking seas, dozens of willing fighters, oh the LOLZ

There still some old Brits like that, they read 'Westward ho !' and 'boys own' and wet themselves in glory.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Oh dear. Nelson is dead. 'We' didn't build an Empire, you are stealing the 'achievements' of others, 'we' didn't even lose it, our grandfathers had to give in to men of courage who were fed up with their countries being robbed by stuffed shirts in London, a sort of Empexit.

Barman,I'll have two pints of the same as he's had please...:drunk:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

There still some old Brits like that, they read 'Westward ho !' and 'boys own' and wet themselves in glory.

You know how the saying goes:

"You disrespect my cat at your peril; he has big cousins."

Rule Britania. Britania rules the waves. Britain, never , never will be etc,, etc,,.

And while we are about it. I'm all for taking Scotland's colours out of the Union Jack..

• Thanks 1

Just now, owl sees all said:

Rule Britania. Britania rules the waves. Britain, never , never will be etc,, etc,,.

And while we are about it. I'm all for taking Scotland's colours out of the Union Jack..

I suggest you learn to spell Britannia and also learn the words to Rule Britannia, you'd at least look like a real patriot then instead of a parody.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I suggest you learn to spell Britannia and also learn the words to Rule Britannia, you'd at least look like a real patriot then instead of a parody.

Thanks for that Kieran00001. I do know the words to Rule Britannia thanks.

also know the poem;

we will fight them in the long grasses

also in the trenches

with a bayonet up our a---s.

Watch out you remainers.

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

also know the poem;

also in the trenches

Watch out you remainers.

Then why did you write "Britain never, never will be...", instead of how it actually goes, "Britons never, never will be ... slaves"?

Not a single hit on Google for your poem, why is that?  Is it because you are trying to pretend that you haven't just made a tit of yourself?

One of Rees-Mogg's backers and Brexiteer hoping to profit from Brexit - you are being played 'sheeple' by rich interests who care not a jot for the working man.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-5824697/Brexiteer-Odey-bets-500m-AGAINST-British-businesses.html

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

also know the poem;

also in the trenches

Watch out you remainers.

Why would we be fighting with bayonets up our <deleted>, doesn't that imply that the only way they could get us to fight would be to kill us if we didn't?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

also know the poem;

also in the trenches

Watch out you remainers.

You are wasting your time trying to get through to the Chuckle Brothers.

• Like 2

Just now, vogie said:

You are wasting your time trying to get through to the Chuckle Brothers.

Oh, he was trying to get through to me when he posted his misspellings of Britannia, misquotes of Churchill's battle on the beaches speech, and misquotes of Rule Britannia.  Got it!  Or was it when he said we should watch out?

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Then why did you write "Britain never, never will be...", instead of how it actually goes, "Britons never, never will be ... slaves"?

Not a single hit on Google for your poem, why is that?  Is it because you are trying to pretend that you haven't just made a tit of yourself?

Actually Keiran0001, I couldn't quite remember the words. I could remember the tune though. Thank for putting me straight.

As for the poem; we would play this game in the Robin Hood (Dagenham pub) where we would each have to add an appropriate 'next line' as we went. Our old patriotism is bringing tears to my eyes as I type.

No hits on google. I'm shocked. Never mind; second and third verse available upon request. Just ask!

Just now, owl sees all said:

Actually Keiran0001, I couldn't quite remember the words. I could remember the tune though. Thank for putting me straight.

As for the poem; we would play this game in the Robin Hood (Dagenham pub) where we would each have to add an appropriate 'next line' as we went. Our old patriotism is bringing tears to my eyes as I type.

No hits on google. I'm shocked. Never mind; second and third verse available upon request. Just ask!

You're welling up at your level of patriotism in not knowing the words to Rule Britannia, just the tune?

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Why would we be fighting with bayonets up our <deleted>, doesn't that imply that the only way they could get us to fight would be to kill us if we didn't?

If you wouldn't go over the top you would get shot.

I think you are beginning to get it at last.

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Did you indeed. Interesting. You might not recognise Dagenham by the pubs now. The big ones at alternate x-roads have mostly gone. Some churches are still there. The X-keys in Old Dagenham still does bell-ringing each Sunday.

When the National Anthem was being played in the Round House we would all stand to attention to drink our Watney's Red Barrel. Some would stand on the tables themselves. Going over the top there I thought.

And those Essex, Dagenham girls. So patriotic. When there was a royal wedding they would die their underarm hair like the Union Jack.

some even wore underwear for the occasion.....no that's going to far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

You get my vote!

• Like 1

Even the Brexit newspaper, the Daily Excess, is talking of a Brexit farce with either a very soft Brexit or none at all, quite a change of tone suddenly, no screaming headlines,  'traitors' etc. Only yesterday it was 'defy the people at your cost'. Reality has set in as it has in Italy.

• Like 2

I have a question for those who want a 2nd referendum. I'm sure this has been done before, but here goes.

What two choices would you like to see on the ballot paper?

Option A

- Accept the deal that has been negotiated

- Leave the EU with no deal

Option B

- Revoke article 50, and remain in the EU

I assume all Remainers would choose option B for the 2nd ref paper.  With option B the EU will offer the UK the worst deal possible. So option B would be a sure fire win for Remain. In other words, it would be a reversal of Brexit by stealth. Hoodwinking the British public.

Can any remainers refute this, with an explanation?

P.S. I think the same would apply if MPs got their 'meaningful vote'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I have a question for those who want a 2nd referendum. I'm sure this has been done before, but here goes.

Option A

Option B

I assume all Remainers would choose option B for the 2nd ref paper.  With option B the EU will offer the UK the worst deal possible. So option B would be a sure fire win for Remain. In other words, it would be a reversal of Brexit by stealth. Hoodwinking the British public.

The first option is what you want and the second is what you fear, but there is a third, the one that makes sense.

Option C

-Accept the deal

-Request more time

12 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The first option is what you want and the second is what you fear, but there is a third, the one that makes sense.

Option C

-Accept the deal

-Request more time

I almost agree with you there.  The only problem is you can't have a 'request' as one of the options, because what happens if we vote to request more time and the EU refuses?

Both choices on the ballot paper need to be 100% possible.

It might work for me if the EU and the UK agree we can have a set amount of additional time to negotiate.  So then the choices become:

- Accept the deal

- Extend the A50 process for x years

38 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Option A

Option B

You are of course, assuming that we manage to get point of having a negotiated deal  to put before the electorate before the expiration of the article 50 notification. With the current disorganized shambles in Whitehall that is by no means  certain - so option A may be a choice between  no deal or no deal.

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I sincerely hope that was supposed to be satire!  Blocking seas, dozens of willing fighters, oh the LOLZ

As Gibraltar is attached to Spain I don't know what he thinks blockading the straits will achieve.If and when brexit happens the Spanish might just walk in and take over.

10 minutes ago, adammike said:

As Gibraltar is attached to Spain I don't know what he thinks blockading the straits will achieve.If and when brexit happens the Spanish might just walk in and take over.

I believe it would require leaving, not only the EU, but also NATO.