Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I see you missed this part

NHS_health_senior_managers.jpg.b51ef87d3306a0c6be6add7be4bf9798.jpg

https://fullfact.org/news/did-nhs-spending-managers-rise-450-under-labour/

As anyone that has ever worked in the NHS over the last 25 years will tell you. Too many Managers, too many meetings and not enough front line nurses and doctors.

Don't waste your time arguing about the NHS Budget, it has nothing to do with Brexit.

Go back to your post about the 'Brexit Dividend' being spent on the NHS and make the necessary edits to remove references to a 'Brexit Dividend' that does not yet, and probably never will, exist. 

We can then get back to the subject under discussion: Brexit Chaos.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

They are the only ones who will win because they are pressing the buttons, all we do is notice which of the coloured lights come on.

But they're in a bit of trouble now - as the populace has (hopefully) finally had enough of their self-centred agenda.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Actually (IMO) , one can leave a 'club' and whilst you'll lose any money paid so far towards projects - you can't be forced into paying more once you've left.

If you sign off a policy to pay this or that you have a financial responsibility.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Actually (IMO) , one can leave a 'club' and whilst you'll lose any money paid so far towards projects - you can't be forced into paying more once you've left.

However if the description is more of a marriage then seeking a divorce does not absolve one of maintenance payments, though there is a 'club' of runners who somehow find their way to Thailand. They would happily go with the clean break malarkey. The trouble with the 'club' advocates is that they invariably have not bothered to read the small print they signed when they joined in the first place and their pleadings now of ignorance is worn like a campaign medal. Carry on.

• Like 1

But they're in a bit of trouble now - as the populace has finally had enough of their self-centred agenda.

They will win either way, they control the flow of money, what do they care about leave or remain let the plebs ( for them that includes the politicians ) fight it out and then they adjust accordingly.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Go back to your post about the 'Brexit Dividend' being spent on the NHS and make the necessary edits to remove references to a 'Brexit Dividend' that does not yet, and probably never will, exist. 

What are you gibbering about ?

I never mentioned a Brexit dividend. A Brexit dividend was reported in the MSM.

Too obtuse to  work out the difference in what someone actually says and what is reported in the MSM.

• Like 2

Just now, soalbundy said:

If you sign off a policy to pay this or that you have a financial responsibility.

Which brings me back to :-

34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"then there are the structured divorce payments to the EU".

Yes, I for one am paying close attention to this.  Why on earth should the uk pay the eu  anything once they have left - unless the uk is still receiving some benefit?

I can see a good argument for compromising over a small payment to continue the trading agreement (as it benefits both sides), but nothing further.

Once you leave a 'club', it's unlikely that you can be held responsible for future payments towards the various 'projects' - that the 'club' based on current contributions.

• Like 1

What are you gibbering about ?

I never mentioned a Brexit dividend. A Brexit dividend was reported in the MSM.

Too obtuse to  work out the difference in what someone actually says and what is reported in the MSM.

So you weren't referring to a Brexit dividend when you said "frees up a minimum of £8 Billion"?

You really are trying to take stupidity to a new level.

The UK is leaving the EU.

A final deal, as you put it, does not change that. 

That frees up a minimum of £8 Billion a year in EU budget contributions.

It also frees up the other untold £ Billions that goes annually into all the other EU funds that the UK contributes to.

I am sure you are smart enough to do your own research and find out what these funds are ?

• Like 1

You know things are getting bad when the remainers Bible, the Guardian, resorts to this:

But what if Merkel falls? Can the centre hold? These are increasingly urgent questions as the once unassailable “Mutti” struggles to hold together a fractious coalition. The immediate issue, which is likely to come to a head on Monday, is a furious row over EU immigration policy. But other problems are piling up, with unpredictable consequences for Europe’s future cohesion.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/17/angela-merkel-doubted-at-home-reign-ending

Remainer to the end, it makes that classic remainer mistake of conflating Europe with the EU.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 2

Which brings me back to :-

Once you leave a 'club', it's unlikely that you can be held responsible for future payments towards the various 'projects' - that the 'club' based on current contributions.

If you were on the board voting for these payments and possibly arguing for them then yes you have a responsibility.

• Like 1

You know things are getting bad when the remainers Bible, the Guardian, resorts to this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/17/angela-merkel-doubted-at-home-reign-ending

Remainer to the end, it makes that classic remainer mistake of conflating Europe with the EU.

The EU being the most cohesive part of Europe the statement is just factual. 

4 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Yes, Germany is just one country with its own problems, if Merkel goes there will be someone else to replace her, politicians come and go and that is a good thing.

Having said that Der Spiegel reports today that the sister party the CSU isn't considering having Merkel replaced.

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

That is what I said.

The UK's contribution to the EU budget currently stands at a Net £8 Billion a year.

That will stop being passed to Brussels when the UK leaves the EU.

Nowhere did I mention a Brexit dividend.

You do not have one of these:

DSCF0553.thumb.JPG.6d5fb71fc61c689144922f21c892a9c2.JPG

So I understand your difficulty in reading and comprehending English.

You didn't say stops, you said frees up, as in it would be a dividend, rather than the reality that it will only offset some of the loss of revenue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You didn't say stops, you said frees up, as in it would be a dividend, rather than the reality that it will only offset some of the loss of revenue.

why is he showing a pic of Mao's red book ?

Let me help you out just this once.

Do you think that the EU and Russia are particularly cohesive ?

The EU and Europe are 2 very different things.

Do you know what 'part' means?  The cohesion of Europe can refer to all aspects of cohesion seen in Europe, clearly the largest aspect by a long way is the expansionist EU, therefore a threat to the EU is a threat to European cohesion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Having said that Der Spiegel reports today that the sister party the CSU isn't considering having Merkel replaced.

I do not think it is a case of seeking to have her replaced.

It is more of a case that her position is becoming untenable.

Seehofer has already sacked the head of BAMF.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

true enough but benign compared to the UK, with Trump the anti-Christ at the trade helm we may start seeing the end of times ?

You went off topic so quickly there! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Do you know what 'part' means?  The cohesion of Europe can refer to all aspects of cohesion seen in Europe, clearly the largest aspect by a long way is the expansionist EU, therefore a threat to the EU is a threat to European cohesion.

Tell that to British SOE when the UK were trying to help the now smaller EU nations out against German stuff.... Cohesion, your having a laugh...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

That is what I said.

The UK's contribution to the EU budget currently stands at a Net £8 Billion a year.

That will stop being passed to Brussels when the UK leaves the EU.

Nowhere did I mention a Brexit dividend.

You do not have one of these:

DSCF0553.thumb.JPG.6d5fb71fc61c689144922f21c892a9c2.JPG

So I understand your difficulty in reading and comprehending English.

OK so you don't want to refer to a 'Brexit Dividend'.

Let's use the exact words you used above and apply the same argument:

"The UK's contribution to the EU budget currently stands at a Net £8 Billion a year.

That will stop being passed to Brussels when the UK leaves the EU."

On what basis can yo claim that the UK will stop sending £8Billion a year to the EU on leaving the EU?

Neither the government nor Brexit supporters know what the final deal is going to be.

The government can't allocate money that the government does not have and has no means of being sure it will have.

It's another example of one of those British proverbs Brexiteers seem eager to forget.

'Don't count your chickens before they hatch'.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

OK so you don't want to refer to a 'Brexit Dividend'.

Let's use the exact words you used above and apply the same argument:

"The UK's contribution to the EU budget currently stands at a Net £8 Billion a year.

That will stop being passed to Brussels when the UK leaves the EU."

On what basis can yo claim that the UK will stop sending £8Billion a year to the EU on leaving the EU?

Neither the government nor Brexit supporters know what the final deal is going to be.

The government can't allocate money that the government does not have and has no means of being sure it will have.

It's another example of one of those British proverbs Brexiteers seem eager to forget.

'Don't count your chickens before they hatch'.

And that's the fear - that the uk will continue to send nearly as much money to the eu....

14 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I do not think it is a case of seeking to have her replaced.

It is more of a case that her position is becoming untenable.

Seehofer has already sacked the head of BAMF.

They have a problem, there is no viable replacement from the ranks, she is clever, she has become almost a cult figure without trying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Certainly good news for the NHS! Who could complain about that?

Stinks of desperation though and worth reading the detail.

It just brings NHS investment back to the average levels seen before austerity and still way below the Blair/Brown era

Full benefits will not be seen until 2023! 5 years from now.

3p on basic rate being discussed - still far below what is really required for a civilised society.

So, great headline but study the small print....

IMG_2706.PNG

You might recall the 2008 financial crisis. Try and superimpose UK debt on top of this chart. I know that debt has increased further since 2010 (Tories) but they inherited vast interest payments and the rate of debt increase has been slowed recently. Gordon Brown had a ball from 2008-2010 (up from 50 to 70% of GDP). Another Labour term will bankrupt the country, EU or not. Global debt is waiting for dinner.

Edited by nauseus
spelling
  • Like 1