Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

Just now, juice777 said:

"What are the advantages of brexit? The UK get's to plot it's own future, as opposed to having it's future plotted by a bunch of stooges of corporate globalists who couldn't give a monkey's cuss about the future of the UK."

You trust our politicians them?

Didn't Boris write 2 Drafts for the telegraph 1 saying we should remain one saying we should leave.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't trust any politicians. But I trust British politicians who have come down on the hide of the UK as a sovereign state far more than I trust politicians who have come down on the side of the EU. And I trust them infinitely more than I trust politicians from continental Europe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

I love it when people say we won get over it like we have just lost a football match or something. Like we are going to just get over the possibility of the worst thing ever to happen to our country in most of our lifetimes for no apparent good reasons. And jump right into it with no proper plan. would you walk into a burning building at 8pm if you agreed to meet some in there no you would wait till the fire was put out. If this happens it will be the worst thing ever to happen to us and that is getting more apparent as time goes on. Future generations are going to despise people who voted for brixit and I can't blame them.But hay at least we will have blue passports back even if it wasn't a European law to change the colour and I swear my dad's passport was black it certainly wasn't that shade of blue.

I am no fan of Vince Cable but he has hit the Nail on the head here. You should all hang your heads in shame there is still time to reverse this madness.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Brexit: Older Leave voters nostalgic for 'white' Britain, says Cable - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43364331

I think Vince Cable is a top man. Pity we have such an poor electoral system.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Until the bitter end of what?

The EU is crumbling as we type.

Are you saying that the majority of TVForum members are not correct?

Are you saying that 62.5% of the citizens of the eu are in favor of leaving, 25% are in favor of staying, and 12.5% don't know?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, aright said:

You are grabbing at straws. Wishing and hoping and dreaming...................

Not at all - I am using your post and my ability to understand the English language.

Try reading it again:

15 hours ago, aright said:

The study, published today, is titled How the Economics Profession Got it Wrong on Brexit and says Treasury forecasts before and after the referendum were too pessimistic.

So, unless 'pessimistic' means the opposite at Cambridge University to the rest of the country, I am correct - the Cambridge University Centre for Business Reasearch says that they are pessimistic about the effects of Brexit. How pessimistic they / we are or should be is a subject of debate, but nowhere on your post do they talk of optimism.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, aright said:

Keep up lad keep up

Brainy Britons unite to SMASH Remoaner claims that 'Brexiteers are idiots and like Nazis'

BREXIT voters have been slammed as “idiots” or likened to “Nazi war criminals” and a series of leading professionals have united to change the “commonplace misconception” that “undermines democratic legitimacy”, a new group have revealed.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/920454/brexit-news-eu-brexit-concentration-camps-academics-graham-gudgin-briefings-for-brexit

The mission statement for the group states: "It has become commonplace to associate support for Brexit with low levels of education and information and to claim that reason and evidence inevitably lead to a pro-EU view. This is simply not true.

The group is said to include economists, lawyers, historians, scientists, and a former head of MI6.

Here's another article from the Express, highlighting the top 8 ways in how the EU is interfering in our lives. I sh!t you not - these are the top bugbears of the Brexiter's tabloid champion:

1) Regulations on fruit juice packaging and added sugar

2) Making it illegal to ship live ferrets into the UK without a vet's signature on a health certificate

3) Fish labelling to include scientific name and location caught

4) AirCon units to be inspected at least every 5 years

5) Packaging to be minimised and reusable if possible

6) Illegally harvested timber not to be used

7) Limits to phosphorus in laundry detergents

8) Categorising beaches in terms of cleanliness.

They should have put those on the sides of buses - really galvanise the masses into taking action against those pesky, interfering EU fatcats!

IMG_20180312_070906.jpg

11 hours ago, dundee48 said:

Hahaha,another neutral who only questions brexiteers.

Do you have anything on the topic, or only attacking posters? Where is the plan?

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

"What are the advantages of brexit? The UK get's to plot it's own future, as opposed to having it's future plotted by a bunch of stooges of corporate globalists who couldn't give a monkey's cuss about the future of the UK."

You trust our politicians them?

Didn't Boris write 2 Drafts for the telegraph 1 saying we should remain one saying we should leave.

"You trust our politicians them?"

Very good point, with which I agree  Personally, I trust them as far as I can throw them......In many respects they're even worse than eu politicians and bureaucrats :shock1:.

Which is why I eventually decided not to vote, and suspect (whilst obviously not 'knowing') that many others didn't vote for the same reason.  Remain supporters and media on the other hand, somehow 'know' (and constantly repeat...) that leave voters consisted almost entirely of old/racist/uneducated people - always avoiding the more obvious link to relative 'wealth'.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 6:13 PM, Grouse said:

Here is a scholarly article on Brexit correlations.

Please read it so that we can move on

political_quarterly_version_1_9.pdf

political_quarterly_version_1_9.pdf

http://www.matthewjgoodwin.org/uploads/6/4/0/2/64026337/political_quarterly_version_1_9.pdf

If you don't understand some of the statistical methods, ask. Yes it is dry but worth the read.

The 2016 Referendum, Brexit and the Left Behind: An Aggregate-Level Analysis of the Result 

Is Dundee really confused? Doesn't agree with the conclusions? It is well written scholarly article about the Brexit result. Recommended.

I had some trouble posting the piece

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, aright said:

Keep up lad keep up

Brainy Britons unite to SMASH Remoaner claims that 'Brexiteers are idiots and like Nazis'

BREXIT voters have been slammed as “idiots” or likened to “Nazi war criminals” and a series of leading professionals have united to change the “commonplace misconception” that “undermines democratic legitimacy”, a new group have revealed.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/920454/brexit-news-eu-brexit-concentration-camps-academics-graham-gudgin-briefings-for-brexit

The mission statement for the group states: "It has become commonplace to associate support for Brexit with low levels of education and information and to claim that reason and evidence inevitably lead to a pro-EU view. This is simply not true.

The group is said to include economists, lawyers, historians, scientists, and a former head of MI6.

Well I'm delighted for you.

Gudgin is a statistical outlier (outliar?). Many academics see a way to cheap fame by adopting an anti - mainstream position. Remember David Irving?

Anyway, you have someone to support!

I do hope Gudgin's little club does not become a home for nasty right wing nut cases in their lust for members ?

Edited by Grouse

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Until the bitter end of what?

The EU is crumbling as we type.

Are you saying that the majority of TVForum members are not correct?

I am stating that a majority does not confer correctness per se. Is that clear enough?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The 2016 Referendum, Brexit and the Left Behind: An Aggregate-Level Analysis of the Result 

Is Dundee really confused? Doesn't agree with the conclusions? It is well written scholarly article about the Brexit result. Recommended.

Scotland as a whole were not confused about Independence were they...

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Is that the strongly remain supporter matthew goodwin?

I ask, as I can't be bothered to read any more clearly biased opinion pieces :saai:.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I love it "we will fight to the bitter end ,who says the majority are right"

Mate ,they are the majority!! that's why we have votes and elections , i hated it when Blair got into power again ,but THE MAJORITY voted for him , its no good running around and throwing your toys out of the pram , its called democracy ,don't you understand? even if they are wrong they are the majority who want it .

Please read what I write carefully. A majority does NOT confer correctness per se. "Rightness" is a different matter. However, in this case the majority were not right either!

I'm wasted as a physicist; I should be an English teacher in a primary school ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Scotland as a whole were not confused about Independence were they...

I'm glad you brought that up! Just as in Switzerland, the Scottish referendum had plenty of advance notice, rational debate, consideration of the ramifications if the vote went either way and plenty of analytical literature 

Not at all like the run up to the Brexit referendum ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Is that the strongly remain supporter matthew goodwin?

I ask, as I can't be bothered to read any more clearly biased opinion pieces :saai:.

I believe it to be scholarly article. If you don't agree with the conclusions fine. I always think burning books is unwise

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

The EU is burying itself...

That may be the case and I do not believe the EU to be without fault. Not by a mile.

However, I sense feelings of schadenfreude. I can smell it actually ?. It's not nice.

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

It would seem that the EU wouldn't shed any tears if the UK collapsed, infact it appears they are trying their damnest to make this happen. Many people believe in 'what goes around comes around'

I strongly disagree with your view point. I see no evidence for that. Most Europeans that I speak to are flabbergasted that the British can be so foolish and wish to throw us s life line. Don't make enemies where they don't exist

• Like 1