Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"This is problematic for Brexit where the U.K. wishes to share police, security or any data, transfer or detain suspects across borders with the EU."

I suspect that as the uk is a 'key player' when it comes to security and data.  The eu are playing 'silly buggers' when trying to pretend that they will exclude the uk from security sharing....

It's just another eu public relations game - hoping to influence uk voters against 'leave'....

Don’t ever take that argument to court, it’ll go the same way as your pension increases.

Just now, The Renegade said:

The UK is the key player when it comes to security and data. No-one else comes close.

What like the security of personal data?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/26/nhs-accused-of-covering-up-huge-data-loss-that-put-thousands-at-risk

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nhs-cyber-attack-hospitals-hack-england-emergency-patients-divert-shut-down-a7732816.html

You’re having a laugh.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK you didn’t read the article and if you did you did not understand it.

I asked a simple question regarding the article.

'' Why is the EU trying to use a Non - EU Institution as a leverage '' ?

I do not need verbosity that is totally unrelated to what I am asking.

Neither do I want or need YOUR interpretation of what YOU think I might be asking. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Renegade said:

Most, not all,  EU Politicians are failed domestic politicians.

Why would you think they were more sensible ?

Martin Schulz being a great example

Served for 1 year in Germany as a Mayor, was then elected as an MEP, left the European Parliament, returned to Germany and got his @ss kicked.

Then their is our own Nigel Farage, done nothing in domestic Politics but manage to carve out a career in the EP.

I agree with your general point that MEPs tend to be kicked out of office politicians, but:-

1) please quote my entire post and

2)the eu commission is entirely different to MEPs.  They have no legitimacy as to being elected by the population of eu countries - but are the ones that 'rule the roost'....

• Like 1

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

A non European who gets all his news, views and copy and paste material from the Guardian and the farcically named Independent; all is explained, many thanks

I’m not sure who you are referring to or on what basis you come to your conclusions.

I suspect you’ve made an assumption and it’s sending you off track everytime you go back to it.

Try not to make assumptions when you have no data. 

5 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I asked a simple question regarding the article.

'' Why is the EU trying to use a Non - EU Institution as a leverage '' ?

I do not need verbosity that is totally unrelated to what I am asking.

Neither do I want or need YOUR interpretation of what YOU think I might be asking. 

I’ve given you a simple answer,

But even simplicity evades your grasp.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

No, you're "having a laugh" - as you know very well what was meant by the phrase 'security data' - so had to resort to twisting the phrase....

• Like 1

Do you think the uk is a 'key player' within the eu when it comes to security data?

If not, I can understand why you think that the eu isn't playing games - it's genuinely threatening that they don't need uk security data, and are happy to cut-off the sharing of information ?.

• Like 2

Just now, nauseus said:

Not entirely different, Dick. The EU Commission has an has had more than its unfair share of proven failures in their own national arenas. You can start with Juncker, Kinnock and Mandelson. There are plenty more "prime" examples.   

I missed out on that!  Were Kinnock and Mandelson part of the eu commission??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

No, you're "having a laugh" - as you know very well what was meant by the phrase 'security data' - so had to resort to twisting the phrase....

I know precisely what you are referring to ‘security data’, but that’s nothing to do with the European Court of Human Rights.

The EUCHR concern is the human rights of people within the EU.

With respect to data, the court has jurisdiction over the human rights matters relating to that data.

Data shared by any police or security firce within Europe is subject to European Human Rights.

That’s the issue!

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know precisely what you are referring to ‘security data’, but that’s nothing to do with the European Court of Human Rights.

With respect to data, the court has jurisdiction over the human rights matters relating to that data.

Data shared by any police or security firce within Europe is subject to European Human Rights.

That’s the issue!

European Council for Health Research (EuCHR)

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Data relating to security and terrorism.

GCHQ, no other Country in the EU comes close.

Security of personal data is the responsibility of those housing the data and falls under the new GDPR rules

Another quality argument.

All personal data held in any EU nation is subject to European Human Rights law (which includes the right to privacy, especially on matters of health).

Yes security of that data is one issue.

Protecting privacy and human rights is another. 

If you have an argument that EU Human Rights laws do not apply to personal data, including that shared by police and security forces, let’s be having it.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your an ace on the ECHR, right ?

So you also know that the ECHR is also an INTERNATIONAL Court, right ?

So I will ask you again.

'' Why is the EU trying to use an INTERNATIONAL Court as leverage over Brexit '' ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Your an ace on the ECHR, right ?

So you also know that the ECHR is also an INTERNATIONAL Court, right ?

So I will ask you again.

'' Why is the EU trying to use an INTERNATIONAL Court as leverage over Brexit '' ?

Ooh look you scored a childish point.

Well done.