Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have already chosen and I'm pleased to say it doesn't include you. He is just another remainer, like many on here who are so full of their own self importance, and to a certain extent some of our European friends are very keen to jump on the band wagon by insulting those that chose democracy, ie, the majority.

Why some remainers choose to be supercillious and think that without a post without a patronising remark is not really a post is totally beyond my comprehension.

Does that mean that you fully support Scotland and Northern Ireland to exit Britain and remain in the EU as independent democratic countries? 

That in the case the majority of their people choose to go that way.

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have already chosen and I'm pleased to say it doesn't include you. He is just another remainer, like many on here who are so full of their own self importance, and to a certain extent some of our European friends are very keen to jump on the band wagon by insulting those that chose democracy, ie, the majority.

Why some remainers choose to be supercillious and think that without a post without a patronising remark is not really a post is totally beyond my comprehension.

Pot kettle. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

It means what it says, please don't put words into my mouth. 

You said you are keen supporter of democratic majority decisions, so I assume it includes that you also support Scotland and Northern Ireland independence, if they wish to vote so. 

28 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wonder will the ongoing investigations into Cambridge Analytica's dubious interference in the US presidential race throw up any doubts over that claim of democracy being what one the day for Brexit?

3712.jpg.64f39e832f0b509e07116ce38666a377.jpg

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I wonder will the ongoing investigations into Cambridge Analytica's dubious interference in the US presidential race throw up any doubts over that claim of democracy being what one the day for Brexit?

Great minds think alike, I was just wondering that myself.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Not addressed to me, but the answer is obviously yes.

As I recall the Scots did not vote for independence, so respect that decision as well.

I hate to drag the topic away from the key discussion, but since 2014, three successive mandates have been handed to the SNP authorising them to seek a second independence referendum should there be a material change to Scotland's circumstances. The good news is that, even without a referendum campaign having been called, last week's Ipso Mori poll found 48% in favour of independence. Once the campaigning starts, expect to see that number climb steadily.

Right - back to brexit?

• Like 1

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/03/19/uk-information-commission-to/

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Yet another completely unbiased newspaper reporting the "truth".

So what would be the "Truth".

Hilary Benn is not the Chair.

There was no committee meeting.

There are no divisions over brexit.

Jacob RM did not refuse to sign the final version.

Parliamentary procedure was not used to include a minority report in the main text.

Like everything else in this life you have to put the effort in to separate the wheat from the chaff rather than reject the whole crop.

Here again we have the Independent speaking on behalf of the committee.

"“The committee has now examined the impact of Brexit on three key sectors of the UK economy, the automotive and civil nuclear sector and now aerospace and the lessons are similar each time: the best way forward for jobs and businesses lies in alignment, harmonisation and participation in EU supply chains and regulatory bodies.”"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-britain-brussels-house-of-commons-european-union-eu-business-energy-and-industrial-strategy-a8262331.html

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Like everything else in this life you have to put the effort in to separate the wheat from the chaff"

Couldn't agree more - although my conclusions are probably diametrically opposed to your conclusions.....

I can see that from your truncated quote, you only want to deal with half the point.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Corrupt remain-supporting MP Damian Collins is working extremely hard on that particular red herring.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, transam said:

Say's the folk who do not have to deal with stuff the ordinary folk on the street have too....The folk who wanted their country back voted to do that....

The man on the street should be seen but not heard. Somethings are just way over his head.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Corrupt remain-supporting MP Damian Collins is working extremely hard on that particular red herring.

I thought Collins was the man attacking corruption in sport? Have I missed something?

8 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Is he corrupt? That is a bold accusation to make about an MP.

The guy who designed the data capture for CA has spilled the beans here.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
16 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy would all use their power of veto to kybosh any EU attempts at introducing visa entry. It's simply not going to happen. It will continue to be passport entry, the same as always, for us.

Your evidence for this is?

Why is evidence required?  What evidence is there to the contrary?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

He was extolling the virtues of working together in strong unions, and saying this is the only way forward. Yet he opposes the existing union of the UK.

You're not from the UK, so I'm not surprised you find this hard to understand.

What makes you think I'm not from the UK CG?

21 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well the May ready for tough talks over Brexit was at page 917 before it seemingly died in the wreckage of an Austin Allegro. I was previously confident of it breaking the 1000 page barrier (record?) but forecasts are often wrong, eh!

It was nice to see the pic of Naam's Jag though. Very envious I must say.

And was that thread as informative as this one?  I am always up for some healthy debate (:smile:) but we (and I include me) are just going round and round in circles and bickering here.  We are all speculating based on biased reports and "leaks" and just people's guesses at what will happen when we leave the EU.

What we need is some actual commitments and facts and that still isn't happening.  But even then both the majority of the Brexiteers and remainers/Remoaners will still be batting away for their respective sides.  In fact I suspect even when we have finally left the EU we will still not admit if we were wrong, whatever the result ends up being.  Bloody Brits! What are they like.....:laugh:

• Like 2