Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

“They must go on voting until they get it right.” Jose Manuel Grouse.

Be assured that I, and MANY like me, will fight to the bitter end to avoid this catastrophically foolish Brexit nonsense.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, aright said:

On the economic front have you got responsible links to your predictions? The worlds sixth largest economy in goods and services is going to stop trading in a years time is it?

toon395.gif

On the political front many of us rejected an elitist, unrepresentative system which is incapable  

refuses  to listen to the needs of the electorate as evidenced by the results of the recent European elections.

Project EU is more important than anything for the Brussels Cabal and presumably Remainers 

I think India's trade will continue uninterrupted 

https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/world-2050/assets/pwc-world-in-2050-summary-report-feb-2017.pdf

To me, in a rapidly changing world, the civilised countries should stick together and negotiate from strength. If we continue down this wrong turn we will end up swamped by all manner of hideous cultures. I don't want to be forced to live like Chinese, Indian, Indonesian or Nigerian peasants. Time to look at the global picture and stop being so bloody parochial 

Edited by Grouse
  • Confused 1

On 2/28/2018 at 4:47 AM, cooked said:

maybe there is a housing shortage due to the impossibility of planning for an economy that allows hundreds of thousands of immigrants in every year? 

Dunno, that;s probably racist.

it is racist

what do you suggest, build a wall and let people die?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Are you part of Project Fear because you seem to have  forgotten the two questions?

On the economic front have you got responsible links to your predictions? The worlds sixth largest economy in goods and services is going to stop trading in a years time is it?

No comment on the unelected ,unaccountable Cabal in Brussels. So we can assume Democracy is not your bag then? 

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86795

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, aright said:

Are you part of Project Fear because you seem to have  forgotten the two questions?

No comment on the unelected ,unaccountable Cabal in Brussels. So we can assume Democracy is not your bag then? 

By unelected ,unaccountable Cabal in Brussels  I assume you mean the European Commission? Yes they are unelected, but then so is the British civil service, who have roughly the same role, EG. drafting legislation .

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-brussels-bureaucrats/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/world-2050/assets/pwc-world-in-2050-summary-report-feb-2017.pdf

To me, in a rapidly changing world, the civilised countries should stick together and negotiate from strength. If we continue down this wrong turn we will end up swamped by all manner of hideous cultures. I don't want to be forced to live like Chinese, Indian, Indonesian or Nigerian peasants. Time to look at the global picture and stop being so bloody parochial 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/foreign-secretary-announces-250-new-diplomatic-roles-and-ten-new-sovereign-missions-overseas

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Then live like their Billionaires 

1 minute ago, aright said:

It was obviously written for a man like yourself .

I enjoy reading Ambrose, he's a got great mind although he can be overly pessimistic at times. But that's what an education at Trinity, Malvern and the Sorbonne will do for you plus 30 years of covering global economics, you should read him rather than The Express, he's far better value.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

The following link is a good read for those interested in economics, it's quite complicated with some long words so not for everyone of course, but there are some pictures so all is not completely lost:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/03/21/next-global-recession-will-entirely-reshape-brexit-debate/

Interesting and worrying ?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I enjoy reading Ambrose, he's a got great mind although he can be overly pessimistic at times. But that's what an education at Trinity, Malvern and the Sorbonne will do for you plus 30 years of covering global economics, you should read him rather than The Express, he's far better value.

Indeed! Rather over the head of the average Brexiter! From the comments, they clearly did not understand the points. Depressing really. ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cooked said:

I suggest we take some of the 700 000 Christian refugees that were forced out of Iraq for a start.

I also suggest that we make sure that the UK has no people sleeping on the streets before letting in hundreds of thousands of immigrants many of whom are not poor at all and have no intention of integrating.

My remarks concern uncontrolled immigration which makes planning and organisation impossible. 

Following your suggestion, the whole population of sub-Saharan Africa should be allowed in to the UK or do you maybe see a flaw in that? 

What has religion got to do with the price of cheese?

For info, we already control our borders or rather the government does.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I dont need to as I know you are just peeing yourself to tell me

Now I want a full explanation in simple plain English please

Look it up

It is a measure of equality

I live well, but I am unhappy at the poverty around me.

I guess ones view of this depends on where one is on Maslov's hierarchy!

I've never thought that loutish behaviour is clever.

Edited by Grouse

9 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The problem arises with fishing in mixed-fishery areas of the North Sea (British waters by the way).

The EU's quota system dictates precisely which species of fish, and how many fishermen are allowed to catch. When, unavoidably, their nets come up full of fish for which they have no quota, it is a criminal offence to bring the fish to land. Hence they must be dumped back in the sea.

I believe UK waters contain something like 80% of all Europe’s fish. Fishing should be a major industry for the UK, and hopefully will be again one day.

My point is this is out of date information.  The common fisheries policy was reformed in 2013 and there is now a landing obligation to bring ashore all species  even if there is no quota for it.

See  https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/cfp/fishing_rules/discards_en

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The problem arises with fishing in mixed-fishery areas of the North Sea (British waters by the way).

The EU's quota system dictates precisely which species of fish, and how many fishermen are allowed to catch. When, unavoidably, their nets come up full of fish for which they have no quota, it is a criminal offence to bring the fish to land. Hence they must be dumped back in the sea.

I believe UK waters contain something like 80% of all Europe’s fish. Fishing should be a major industry for the UK, and hopefully will be again one day.

You're making things up.  The EU discard ban was passed in 2015 and is being phased in by species up till next year by which point it will be illegal NOT to land all catch.

The main reason for discard has always been profit, a lot unscrupulous fishermen practice high grading, where they throw away low value catch to allow room for higher value, they don't do that because it's illegal to land what they've caught, but because they will make more money if they fill their boat with expensive fish.

And by the way, the UK fishing industry has the highest profit and also profit margin in the EU, and it also sees the highest rate of investment in the EU.  Let's see if they keep that place post Brexit.

• Like 1