Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

56 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

It did specify. And if the vote had gone Remainers way you wouldn't be shouting 'foul' now would you?

No, I don't think so, but it would have shocked me how much dissent there was,I would have been relieved that remain had scraped through but it would have given me very little satisfaction. This isn't over, it doesn't matter how the brexit turns out, the worm is there.

I predict a better outcome than most expect but still being tied to the EU for years to come but having no veto power. Give it another 10 years and we are back in. Already the BOE has said that a rate rise is due in May and reports say that millions of households will be in serious trouble, the rate rise has nothing to do with brexit of course but brexit, if it has serious ramifications for British industry, could be the straw that breaks the camels back. I am a long way away, I won't even hear 'KNACKS', nor would I care much.

10 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Among friends I might have expected the genuine 25 million rather than your exaggerated, or is it outdated, 50,

I have just had another look and if you wait till 2050 you will be able to say I told you so

There hows that for ya

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

48% means they came in second in a two hose race

Why you NO understand

Perhaps you would like to read it in German 

only the most uninformed would consider that a democratic way of changing what is in essence a constitutional tenet.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Time all the remoaners took brave pills and start to look forward to life in the UK without the romanian/bulgarian organised criminal scum..and hopefully less pakistani muslims pouring over to " visit " their long lost relatives.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Lots of Pakistanis voted Leave in the hope that if there were less European immigrants that would mean that the rules for British citizens foreign dependents would be loosened.  They listened to some Brexiteers ranting about the commonwealth and bought it, they thought Brexit was about them too.  The thing with Brexiteers is they can't all win.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No, I don't think so, but it would have shocked me how much dissent there was,I would have been relieved that remain had scraped through but it would have given me very little satisfaction. This isn't over, it doesn't matter how the brexit turns out, the worm is there.

I predict a better outcome than most expect but still being tied to the EU for years to come but having no veto power. Give it another 10 years and we are back in. Already the BOE has said that a rate rise is due in May and reports say that millions of households will be in serious trouble, the rate rise has nothing to do with brexit of course but brexit, if it has serious ramifications for British industry, could be the straw that breaks the camels back. I am a long way away, I won't even hear 'KNACKS', nor would I care much.

I dont worry at all about this as I know that we would not be here now if we did not know how to stand up and look after ourselves

If it needs to be done again it will be done again, trust me 

The chip just wont go away will it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I dont worry at all about this as I know that we would not be here now if we did not know how to stand up and look after ourselves

If it needs to be done again it will be done again, trust me 

The chip just wont go away will it 

Don't let it bother you, it's only my opinion, I doubt if I will be alive in 10 years. Brexit will be the last thing that I would think about on my death bed. My daughters future is in Germany, my sons future is in Thailand, mine is the crematorium in my village, it's that simple.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Don't let it bother you, it's only my opinion, I doubt if I will be alive in 10 years. Brexit will be the last thing that I would think about on my death bed. My daughters future is in Germany, my sons future is in Thailand, mine is the crematorium in my village, it's that simple.

No it does not bother me but why should it

Yes I have had my biblical quota so I am much the same as you

Its the cycle of life make the best of it while you are here

But try and lighten up a little while you are at it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I don't see why anyone should complain, weren't they being produced in Hong Kong some time ago? doesn't matter where they are produced we will still pay an arm and a leg for them and in Bangkok we get them handed over by an Indian firm in Trendy house.

Were they produced in H.K. Or were they processed in H.K and then produced, printed etc., elsewhere. I think the latter, but maybe you can prove me wrong.

Just now, oldlakey said:

No it does not bother me but why should it

Yes I have had my biblical quota so I am much the same as you

Its the cycle of life make the best of it while you are here

But try and lighten up a little while you are at it

but I am, I take nothing seriously anymore. I do however enjoy the arguments here as long as they are polite and/or funny. The young can be and should be passionate about things that matter but usually hormones get in the way which I suspect is why politicians are all old fogeys who probably think that this is all real and that they will live for ever.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

but I am, I take nothing seriously anymore. I do however enjoy the arguments here as long as they are polite and/or funny. The young can be and should be passionate about things that matter but usually hormones get in the way which I suspect is why politicians are all old fogeys who probably think that this is all real and that they will live for ever.

Your posting on this thread tells a very different story in my opinion 55555

I think I have done your Grammar Policeman period to death so I wont mention it again as that would not be polite

As we are both set in our ways I am going to leave it at that

Good night to you fellow member

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Were they produced in H.K. Or were they processed in H.K and then produced, printed etc., elsewhere. I think the latter, but maybe you can prove me wrong.

Who knows, probably, the UK tried to sell it as being extra secure ( or was it extra cheap), is processing less important than printing? Other countries seem to manage to do it all themselves. Baldrick had a cunning plan. 

5 hours ago, aright said:

What did the Romans ever do for us? (Quid unquam Romani fac nobis?)

The nobis, of course, it was the basis for stormy Daniels success, she owes Rome much. Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse, well they wouldn't let her perform there, it's their own fault.

38 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Lots of Pakistanis voted Leave in the hope that if there were less European immigrants that would mean that the rules for British citizens foreign dependents would be loosened.  They listened to some Brexiteers ranting about the commonwealth and bought it, they thought Brexit was about them too.  The thing with Brexiteers is they can't all win.

I do wish you’d get your facts right. The vast majority of people of Pakistani,Bangladesh, Muslim origin, voted overwhelmingly to remain in this so called Union. Not only has this been shown in reports, but you can see the voting pattern in those constituencies that house these immigrants, including Tower Hamlets etc,. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

"Already the BOE has said that a rate rise is due in May and reports say that millions of households will be in serious trouble"

Interest rates have been at historic lows since around 2009. Currently the base rate is still just 0.5%. If people have over borrowed thinking that the base rate would stay under 1% forever they were badly misinformed. These minute rises should not put households into trouble unless they've been reckless with their borrowing.

We are a long way from 'normal' base rates which might be around 5-8%. If you go back to 1989, 90, 91...now THOSE were rate rises!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

"Already the BOE has said that a rate rise is due in May and reports say that millions of households will be in serious trouble"

Interest rates have been at historic lows since around 2009. Currently the base rate is still just 0.5%. If people have over borrowed thinking that the base rate would stay under 1% forever they were badly misinformed. These minute rises should not put households into trouble unless they've been reckless with their borrowing.

We are a long way from 'normal' base rates which might be around 5-8%. If you go back to 1989, 90, 91...now THOSE were rate rises!

Are the good old days I only had one house repossessed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I do wish you’d get your facts right. The vast majority of people of Pakistani,Bangladesh, Muslim origin, voted overwhelmingly to remain in this so called Union. Not only has this been shown in reports, but you can see the voting pattern in those constituencies that house these immigrants, including Tower Hamlets etc,. 

Luton, Slough and Bradford all voted leave, and I did not say the majority of Pakistanis I said lots of them, so actually my facts were right, thanks.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/02/20/the-british-asian-vote-for-brexit-contains-a-few-surprises/

And when you consider this part of the Leave campaign, I think it is clear that not all Brexiteers can have it their way.

https://www.ft.com/content/94adcefa-1dd5-11e6-a7bc-ee846770ec15

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Luton, Slough and Bradford all voted leave, and I did not say the majority of Pakistanis I said lots of them, so actually my facts were right, thanks.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/02/20/the-british-asian-vote-for-brexit-contains-a-few-surprises/

And when you consider this part of the Leave campaign, I think it is clear that not all Brexiteers can have it their way.

https://www.ft.com/content/94adcefa-1dd5-11e6-a7bc-ee846770ec15

Bradford did vote to leave, but not the ethnic minority wards.

"Bradford voted to Leave (54%), but the area included some starkly contrasting places which went over 60% Remain: the prosperous, genteel, spa town of Ilkley, and strongly ethnic minority wards in the city, such as Manningham and Toller."

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vogie said:

Bradford did vote to leave, but not the ethnic minority wards.

"Bradford voted to Leave (54%), but the area included some starkly contrasting places which went over 60% Remain: the prosperous, genteel, spa town of Ilkley, and strongly ethnic minority wards in the city, such as Manningham and Toller."

I am not trying to claim that the majority of Pakistanis voted leave, only that many did, which is just a fact.  There are countless interviews with Pakistanis giving their reasons, many the reason I stated, Leave were campaigning to them implying that Brexit would enable them to bring more of their relatives.

Anyway, do you think it will be the Pakistanis who bought into that campaign who'll be feeling let down post Brexit, or do you think it will be those who want less Pakistani immigrants coming?  

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Your "stats" are always of dubious validity I'm afraid.

43 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The stats and facts you quote are invariably wrong. Why not get past Wiki and out into the world? 

What was it that suggested to you that my stat might be wrong?  What you read on wiki?

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

I am not trying to claim that the majority of Pakistanis voted leave, only that many did, which is just a fact.  There are countless interviews with Pakistanis giving their reasons, many the reason I stated, Leave were campaigning to them implying that Brexit would enable them to bring more of their relatives.

Anyway, do you think it will be the Pakistanis who bought into that campaign who'll be feeling let down post Brexit, or do you think it will be those who want less Pakistani immigrants coming?  

All I am saying is that you are wrong, the ethnic minority in Bradford voted to remain as my link proves, have you a link to show the opposite of my link to the voting in Bradford?

• Like 2