Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't know about "eating out of their hand. " but I agree with you on principle. Many are here not because they enjoy debating, but because they want their opinion reaffirmed.

Rarely to you hear the response "fair enough" 

more than 2600 replies  and no consensus on one single issue.. 

Maybe a 52-48 split do ya think 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

https://www.electronics2000.co.uk/data/itemsmr/res_val.php

Oh! thee of little faith!

mathematics is important for all of us.

If Brexit had been 60% or above, I would have reluctantly accepted the majority view and walked off into the sunset. Shane! Shane! ? 

Just pretend it was 90% then you would have been gone last week 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

We will cross that bridge when we come to it as we always have done with whatever comes along

Good luck with your own set of problems matey

we all cross our bridges when they come and are just as capable doing so as they come along, that does not preclude as from planning the best possible trip and choosing our bridges carefully. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

we all cross our bridges when they come and are just as capable doing so as they come along, that does not preclude as from planning the best possible trip and choosing our bridges carefully. 

And choosing our bridges carefully includes not following a stranger with a bag of sweeties to an unknown place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

We will cross that bridge when we come to it as we always have done with whatever comes along

Good luck with your own set of problems matey

Yeah, I feel for our American friends. A corrupt, narcissist spiv versus the most evil corporate globalists on planet Earth. What a choice! We're in luxury by comparison.

Edited by Khun Han
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, sirineou said:

dont know how it happened but it seems I was responding to myself.  I guess its the only way to have an intelligent conversation LOL  Mods please remove post

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

And choosing our bridges carefully includes not following a stranger with a bag of sweeties to an unknown place.

they say that most the time molestations occur with in the family. Always a good idea to keep an eye on all, and not only strangers with candy

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

We cross our bridges when we come to them is obviously not suitable to you my man

Try what will be will be that might suit you better as its more child like unless of course you have Megs crystal ball

Have a nice day

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

dont know how it happened but it seems I was responding to myself.  I guess its the only way to have an intelligent conversation LOL  Mods please remove post

It does happen now and again as for yours truly who knows As my old mum used to say nevermind you can always pick up your old kit bag and do whatever its called choice  Have a nice day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

To all victorious Brexiteers..why not just ignore the rants from the remoaning losers.
We should relax and celebrate the fact that soon we will be free from the autocratic..corrupt jobsworths in brussels

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is no victory until the fat lady stops singing

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nauseus said:

Funny? Not for Greek pensioners. While the super German pensions were being championed as an EU influenced plus point, nothing was said of the opposite effect of the austere Greek poverty line payments. The rules were broken on both sides when Greece went in but maybe you have conveniently forgotten that?

The biggest cheat in Europe is the EU itself. 

The only failing on the part of the EU was not kicking them out when the fraud came to light. Greek spending was irresponsible and now everyone wants to blame those picking up the pieces. Among other things they  were paying themselves pensions at a much earlier age than the UK and spending a larger percentage of GDP on pensions than any other country in the EU, but to some that was all the fault of the EU.

Greece has only got itself to blame, bit like the person that maxed out a credit card and complains about the repayments.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grouse said:

The Cons ONLY care about short term cash. They will agree to the sale of ANYTHING. Does anyone trust the Cons to look after our long term interest? Weak pound and cherry picking is costing us much of our high value high tech industry

Did you hear the Japanese ambassador on Radio 4? ?

Mind you the average Brexiter is most interested in jobs at a garden centre or Wimpey. 

Quite, any other government would have stopped it as not being in the nation interest, and this is the government that some have put their faith in to act in the national interest. We can only hope they wake up and smell the coffee.

Brexit was a potential threat to Airbus business but the shareholders going against a specific warning from Airbus makes it very real.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

To all victorious Brexiteers..why not just ignore the rants from the remoaning losers.
We should relax and celebrate the fact that soon we will be free from the autocratic..corrupt jobsworths in brussels

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It’s only a fact if the UK actually leave, if the U.K. actually frees itself from the EU treaties and even then if your assertions regarding the character of the EU are correct.

There’s a reason why Brexiteers are becoming ever more concerned, it has a great deal with all the UK’s ‘Red Lines’ having mysteriously turned ‘Green’.

You proclaiming ‘facts’ which are nothing more than wishful thinking mixed with misrepresentations of reality might comfort you but they don’t disguise the truth.

The truth is the U.K. Brexit team are bending over backwards to not deliver any meaningful Brexit.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

The only failing on the part of the EU was not kicking them out when the fraud came to light. Greek spending was irresponsible and now everyone wants to blame those picking up the pieces. Among other things they  were paying themselves pensions at a much earlier age than the UK and spending a larger percentage of GDP on pensions than any other country in the EU, but to some that was all the fault of the EU.

Greece has only got itself to blame, bit like the person that maxed out a credit card and complains about the repayments.

Well said, it is incredibe how people blame the EU for some countries mismanaging their funds, taking out loans and spending them on things that do not make a return and then needing bailing out repeatedly, costing the EU taxpayer every time, somehow it is the EU's fault for footing their bills, for trying to help them despite their corruption, for paying the interest on their loans, which have very low interest anyway, and always it is the Germans who are criticised for being able to pay their own bills as well as being able to make the biggest contribution toward the Greeks bills.  Pure ignorance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Don't trust Greeks bearing statistics.