Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I'm sure you mean well, but I think you should assist the less well off

majority that want to leave.

You are correct in that democracy eventually leads to tyranny

it is not the best system.   The government has become the tyrant.

I did not vote..I had no particular 'wish'.

The less well off WILL be worse off post Brexit. 

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

Maybe you could explain how those virtues apply to the current UK political system? I don't see any evidence of them being applied.

You will not see any evidence, either in UK or EU.

They are both Tyrants.

• Thanks 2

I suspect that she is nearer the cliff edge than the EU. I think it is realistic to assume that when Brexit happens it will be far softer than many thought,to the joy of the bankers in the city and industry and to the anger of many Brexiters, she has to be a scapegoat along with Davis, Rees Mogg's star is burning bright but even he won't be able to turn brei into wood. 

Got a feeling they want her in place to be a scapegoat for local elections in May when the Tories are likely to get a drubbing.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I'm sure you mean well, but I think you should assist the less well off

majority that want to leave.

You are correct in that democracy eventually leads to tyranny

it is not the best system.   The government has become the tyrant.

I did not vote..I had no particular 'wish'.

How do you help a friend who's got rat-arsed, told his boss to stick his job where the sun don't shine, and is about to embark of a future career selling innovative jams to the world  ? Me, I'd tell him to swallow his pride and get the job back, but maybe you a jam marketing expert?

Like I said if it happens, it happens. I think it's wrong, like duel pricing in Thailand, but I can't stop it. I won't help it though. as my conscience  would not be clear after.   

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I thought it was true.

It was well written by the daily excess with lots of detail but the give away was when the chairman of the campanologists feared it would come back with a Gallic ring to it.Nobody else carries the story. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I thought it was true.

It was well written by the daily excess with lots of detail but the give away was when the chairman of the campanologists feared it would come back with a Gallic ring to it.Nobody else carries the story. 

1 minute ago, aright said:

I would never accuse you of being pompous or arrogant. You are so like many of the ordinary council house blokes I know. Salt of the earth.:smile:

Can I ask which line(s) were fatuous and offended. Was it?

" A poll last week showed 68 per cent of Britons want the referendum’s outcome to be acted upon; the non-appearance of the economic catastrophe Remainers confidently predicted helps explain why."

What poll, by whom, of how many people, you and your mum? May we have a link please.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Would that chime sound like Ting Tong?

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It would be in the Daily Excess,they have no other news than rah rah Brexit.

In fact there is an article, it's just laziness that the link to it wasn't posted. That said, the figure of 68% is misleading; 45% are in favour of Brexit and 23% are classed as Re-Leavers, that's Remain voters who think the government has an obligation to follow the will of the people. That's hardly 68% in favour of Brexit, more like 23% in favour of supporting democracy. Oh yes, I forgot to add, the poll is dated May 2017, about one year ago!!!

Edited by simoh1490
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Don't look at me like that, this is not a hiso/money thing. How many prominent Brexiteers in this thread have talked about their experiences of getting UK housing benefit as a significant issue, I can think of two off the top of my head.

Name them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I'm sorry, the statute of limitations has expired on that one, just like it has on the 68% article that's a year old!:post-4641-1156694572:

But your bogus claims aren't a year old, are they?

• Like 2