our beloved has crossed over rainbow bridge

meatboy

this morning at 1am.our BELOVED SAM has peacefully passed away with no pain.the only pain is what we are suffering right now.

he brought so much joy to our lives this past 6yrs.it cannot be replaced.we are going to miss him terribly.he was such a good boy he never complained about anything that was done to him this past 3yrs.he was loved by everyone.

GOODBY  MY BELOVED WE WILL MISS YOU LOADS.

MR.& MRS MEAT.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Sorry to hear that I completely understand what you are going through. We  lost our lab 1.5 years ago and as my Bullterrier is approaching 11 it makes me think about the inevitable. As other people said celebrate the good times and the good memories.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

Oh, Meatboy, I am so sorry to hear this, but from the last info and lab results you posted I knew this was likely.

My sincere condolences. You were a very loving and conscientious owner.

thanks Sheryl we are devastated.his time down in Bangkok he rearly came to life over the 4days with the wifes family.

what kohn kaen said the operation must be done in 5 days time looks like it was true,but they don't now the process of getting the blood.chula after doing an x-ray,ulta sound and a blood test said nothing,just come back in 14days time.

this week he has been eating very well.we just don't now what happened.at 1am.we thought he wanted to go out,so when the wife opened the door for him he just sat down,10 minutes later he passed his bowels something he had never done before indoors.when the wife went to him he got up but fell back down,the wife new he was going,within 5minutes with the wife cradling in her arms he slowly passed away.no pain.could it have been a heart attack.

meatboy love me love my dog.

• Sad 1

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Meatboy,

I'm so very sorry to read this saddest news about Sam. I'm openly and uncontrollably grieving his demise, while sitting in office. From reading your posts I clearly pictured your love for Sam. In fact, it was your post that gave me the courage to allow my own beloved Charlie and Timmy to sleep in my bedroom (despite initial protest by my better-half). I also learnt from your posts how Sam suffered from tick-borne diseases from time to time that compelled me to take precautions for my own kiddos.

I'm really very sorry that Sam has left you grieving. Rest assured Sam knew fully well the love and care he got from his mama and papa.

Please find something (hobby) to divert your attention. Sam will be missed :-(

25 minutes ago, shamimoto said:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Meatboy,

I'm so very sorry to read this saddest news about Sam. I'm openly and uncontrollably grieving his demise, while sitting in office. From reading your posts I clearly pictured your love for Sam. In fact, it was your post that gave me the courage to allow my own beloved Charlie and Timmy to sleep in my bedroom (despite initial protest by my better-half). I also learnt from your posts how Sam suffered from tick-borne diseases from time to time that compelled me to take precautions for my own kiddos.

I'm really very sorry that Sam has left you grieving. Rest assured Sam knew fully well the love and care he got from his mama and papa.

Please find something (hobby) to divert your attention. Sam will be missed :-(

thank you very much for those kind words,i can tell you we are suffering like unown grief that we have never before known.when its time I will post his life story about him.

meatboy,wife and with us in spirit SAM.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bprinceuk said:

Sorry to read the sad news, you and Mrs. Meatboy took Sam in and gave him a good home and life, in return as dogs do, he gave you back his love and loyalty. He will always be in your heart.

R.I.P Sam

thank you for your support,which is helping us get along,the love he gave you cannot put into words.is PRECIOUS THE WORD.the only child we ever had,and now he has gone.i am trying to support the wife the best I can.but SAM is goner be IRREPLACEABLE.

mr.&mrs.meat and not forgetting SAM.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My condolences Mr and Mrs Meatboy .

It is clear to all that you both loved Sam dearly and having lost a few loved ones myself I feel your pain.

RIP Sam

thanks AD.its only the second day,but its getting worse.

mr.and mrs.meatboy.sam is with us as well.

• Sad 1

I know exactly how you are feeling. 

Sometimes a lot harder than losing a human relative. 

You gave him a great life and can do no more than that. 

You cannot replace him but getting a new friend will really help you. 

It helped me. 

• Like 1

This has happened to us twice  17 years and 12 years  both lurchers and we really feel for you and your loss , I am sorry that I do not have any words that can make your loss any easier.

However after following your posts with the regards to vets and treatment ,it altered my view on the whole issue of vets here and I began to question their diagnosis and treatmeant very carefully.

It is a big maybe , but I  think the points you made in your posts made me question closely  the treatment of one of my dogs to the point it may have saved his life.

For this you have our heartfelt thanks and gratitude.

Thinking of you Mr , Mrs Sappersrest  Gai Bing and Toby 

• Like 1

thank you all for the support you are giving us during this difficult time to say our hearts are broken is an understatement,they have been ripped to shreds which I can see are goner take a long time to heal.

I cant take this in,as this  past few weeks as we have been led to believe by 2 of the big animal hospitals that they can save him,with the last one no different to the local parasites on 2 legs.with every thing that was done last Monday which took 11hrs.they couldn't tell us what serious condition he was in,only come back in 2weeks.

we were prepared to spend ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY to try to save him,even if they had told us the risk,then we could have prepared our selves for what could happen if unsuccesfull.

both me and the wife are sorry but another one can NEVER take the place of our SAM.

he will live with us forever.

mr.meat,mrs.meat and sam who is with us in mind.R.I.P.MY HANDSOME BOY.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, meatboy said:

thank you all for the support you are giving us during this difficult time to say our hearts are broken is an understatement,they have been ripped to shreds which I can see are goner take a long time to heal.

I cant take this in,as this  past few weeks as we have been led to believe by 2 of the big animal hospitals that they can save him,with the last one no different to the local parasites on 2 legs.with every thing that was done last Monday which took 11hrs.they couldn't tell us what serious condition he was in,only come back in 2weeks.

we were prepared to spend ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY to try to save him,even if they had told us the risk,then we could have prepared our selves for what could happen if unsuccesfull.

both me and the wife are sorry but another one can NEVER take the place of our SAM.

he will live with us forever.

mr.meat,mrs.meat and sam who is with us in mind.R.I.P.MY HANDSOME BOY.

"both me and the wife are sorry but another one can NEVER take the place of our SAM."

I understand this entirely.  It was several years before I could contemplate adopting another dog after the loss of Ben (my first dog).

Obviously nobody could ever replace Sam, but nobody is suggesting trying to replace him - just finding another dog that needs a home in honour of Sam.  Needless to say, he/she won't 'replace' Sam, but will be a new love in your life.

Other factors come 'into play' too e.g.:-

'Why on earth would I voluntarily put myself through this unbearable heartbreak again?'

And (depending on age), 'what happens to the adopted pet if they outlive me?'

:sad:

we are already looking to help these people in korat that look after homeless dogs who have been chucked out on the street with a certain amount of food in honour of our sam.

I do need to do something NOW as I am coming to the point that I cannot cope with the grief,with the wife suffering too.

we will not give any money but are prepared to give plenty of food.

meatboy.

13 minutes ago, meatboy said:

we are already looking to help these people in korat that look after homeless dogs who have been chucked out on the street with a certain amount of food in honour of our sam.

I do need to do something NOW as I am coming to the point that I cannot cope with the grief,with the wife suffering too.

we will not give any money but are prepared to give plenty of food.

meatboy.

The grief is always unbearable - but having to look after another dog(s) helps to 'keep us going'.

25 minutes ago, meatboy said:

IMHO, you should take one of the small young dogs home with you.  I don't mean for you to forget Sam but you will be amazed how the puppy's  need for love and affection will help with the grief.  My last Golden passed 3 years ago, about 3 months after my wife died, but I still have 7 mutts that help me get through each day and night with 4 or 5 of them jockeying for space in the bed!

Meatboy, I have just read this and my heart felt condolences goes to yourself and wife.

We went through the same when we lost one of our huskies a year and a half ago, hit us really bad. But the grief does pass. There is certainly a time for mourning but, staying positive, there is an even longer time to remember Sam as he was.

As you know from earlier threads, when we lost Phayu I went and got a new dog and it was probably one of the more correct decisions I ever made to take the pain of loss away. I know everyone is different, and it is still very close to his (Sam's) passing, but if you want to make a difference to the people in Korat running the shelter, think about adopting one from there. You will be honouring Sam by doing it and likely saving a dogs life in the process. Believe me, it will help.

You will never ever forget Sam, nor me Phayu, but life has to go on. Again meatboy, my sympathies go out to you and your wife.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Meatboy, I have just read this and my heart felt condolences goes to yourself and wife.

We went through the same when we lost one of our huskies a year and a half ago, hit us really bad. But the grief does pass. There is certainly a time for mourning but, staying positive, there is an even longer time to remember Sam as he was.

As you know from earlier threads, when we lost Phayu I went and got a new dog and it was probably one of the more correct decisions I ever made to take the pain of loss away. I know everyone is different, and it is still very close to his (Sam's) passing, but if you want to make a difference to the people in Korat running the shelter, think about adopting one from there. You will be honouring Sam by doing it and likely saving a dogs life in the process. Believe me, it will help.

You will never ever forget Sam, nor me Phayu, but life has to go on. Again meatboy, my sympathies go out to you and your wife.

thank you chris,i remember to this day when you lost PHAYU,this has been the worst time in our 35yrs.together especialy for the wife who has never had any children,SAM was her son to loose him after 6yrs.together and 3yrs..of so called vets treating him and not careing one bit for him,she has now realized what they only cared about was what they could make.she is now suffering like me,and this makes us so angry.over 4months treatment by the last vet who never warned us once that SAM could be very sick,it was only don't stop now you have come this far,it was the 3rd.of nov.when another lab.done a ultra sound as we were concerned about his spleen growing,result nothing to worry about every thing is fine.our vet said he is on the road to recovery.it was February when he was getting worse and not better but still no explanation from her,he had lost 4kilo since oct.THE MEDICATION WAS NOT WORKING but she wouldn't change it.so February 14th.the wife took him to khok kean vetinary uni.after tests she was told he needed a blood transfusion and his spleen removed,this was a total shock to us,we had 3days to find 3bags of matching blood.

little did we know about the process but after 9 wonderfull owners came to a different vet for matching we didn't find one.the reason was there are at least 8 different blood groups and some with letter in front,this was something that kohn kean didn't know[strangely] about.so as we panicked it was recommended that he goes to CHULA in bkk.so off goes the wife and sam with plenty of money.at the hospital after 11hrs.of ultra sound,x-ray,blood tests and a few hrs.on the drip.

5pm.in the evening the doctor said he could go home,no grouth or cancer, come back in 14days time,with that the wife was rearly happy.we now look back on the Tuesday 27th.he told us all is not well with me,but we never took notice,it was the things he done that day.just after 12.30am.wed.he went to the wifes side of the bed,then mine,then laid down.

the wife said something is wrong,so I sat and watched him while he looked at us,then he past his stools,got up but couldn't stand,the wife cradled him in her arms no more that a couple of minutes while he took his last breaths no pain just as if he had gone to sleep.tomorrow we hold a service for him a very special friend who will return to

ST.FRANCES.

OUR BELOVED SAM.

R.I.P.MUMMY & DADDY.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, wayned said:

IMHO, you should take one of the small young dogs home with you.  I don't mean for you to forget Sam but you will be amazed how the puppy's  need for love and affection will help with the grief.  My last Golden passed 3 years ago, about 3 months after my wife died, but I still have 7 mutts that help me get through each day and night with 4 or 5 of them jockeying for space in the bed!

I feel I must let you know our feelings,i have always known.

you are a true respectfull member who has never had a bad word to say about anyone.after your wifes passing.then one of your best friends I don't know how you kept going.

our feelings are regarding another to take sams place,would never be able to heal our hearts.

besides him being the love of our lives, what he has gone through this past 3yrs.we can never  forget, what all them parasites on two legs done to him just to satisfy their greed.there is a story about every one of them even right up to his treatment just before his passing.so for us to even think about going through this again is something we would never consider. the love I have left I must give to my wife,who like me has lost trust in everyone.what time I have left  I will only do good things.

one action we are going to do today,is to burn all the corrspondance we have kept,all copy's of anything to do with vets.

of everything they done to him this past 3yrs.and those involved can burn in hell.

I am so sorry to be so bitter but hope you understand.

meatboy and wife.

Oh so sorry to hear this! I have a dog that looks just like yours, also 6yrs old . Might make us part of the same family !

Even when you have and have had great numbers of animals of all shapes and sizes, it doesn't make it any easier. Then there are always the amazing ones that are unique and will never be replaced (like yours). We can never put our finger on why they are so special but they are.

My condolences to you and your wife.