Pattaya police chief: "Don't attack tourists - it will damage the image of tourism in Pattaya"

webfact

7 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

This warning by the chief is as ridiculous as  a father telling his teenage son: " Son, don't go around raping girls and killing people. It will give a bad name to our family"

Seems to be the advice given to the murderous family on that island where those young Brits met their demise.

On 2/28/2018 at 2:36 PM, jerry921 said:

Well I think this is a nice result all around. I hope the watch sellers lose their stock as well as have to pay that 5000 Baht fine, and for once the farangs are fined less than the Thais. At 1000 baht, it'd almost be worth it to clock one of those sellers myself, if I could be sure I'd not get knifed or shot or beat up by a dozen outraged bystanders.

As it is, though, I'll have to stick with my usual response "sorry, can't afford, I only buy fake watches".  ?

id be VERY interested to see how  much of those fines  actually

got paid by the Thai side

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2018 at 2:36 PM, jerry921 said:

Well I think this is a nice result all around. I hope the watch sellers lose their stock as well as have to pay that 5000 Baht fine, and for once the farangs are fined less than the Thais. At 1000 baht, it'd almost be worth it to clock one of those sellers myself, if I could be sure I'd not get knifed or shot or beat up by a dozen outraged bystanders.

As it is, though, I'll have to stick with my usual response "sorry, can't afford, I only buy fake watches".  ?

And do you still believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy too?   Sorry!  Let us see that the policeman kept his word.  The statement about policing fake goods sales is suspect for a start.

• 3 weeks later...