British Tourists Attack Tuk-Tuk Driver When He Can’t Find ‘LadyBoy’ Prostitute in Cambodia

geovalin

A pair of British tourists recently caused a commotion in Cambodia after failing to locate a certain “ladyboy” who they tried to find with the help of a tuk-tuk driver.

The unnamed duo reportedly rode around Phnom Penh in a local rickshaw trying to find a transsexual prostitute on Wednesday, reports the Daily Mail

4-29.jpg

However, after several hours of unsuccessful searching, the tourists became aggressive and vented their frustration toward the driver. Fortunately, police soon arrived and intervened just as the fight was escalating.

A video surfaced online showing one of the tourists apologizing to the driver, saying  ”I just wanted to see a ladyboy, that’s all, I’m sorry.”

read more https://nextshark.com/british-tourists-attack-tuk-tuk-driver-cant-find-ladyboy-prostitute-cambodia/

and I thought what is reported in Thailand is already gross enough
Now we get the neighbours smh.. as well presented as a "must read" item.
Maybe add a new forum internationalvisa ? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Actually the word for ladyboy in Khmer is the same or very similar to the Thai word:Katoey.

I'll bow'n'take your word on that... 

but if a falang tries to be 'local' and throw a word, any word at a local, and it isn't 100% exact to that local person's aboriginal dialect, they'll look at you and shrug... 

i.e. if the dude in the OP had ( come over from Cambodia) done same in LOS, asking for a ladyboy;

in what he perceives himself as correct dialect in Khmer,

the LOS driver would also feign being lost to the falang's meaning

On 3/1/2018 at 12:27 PM, tifino said:

I'll bow'n'take your word on that... 

but if a falang tries to be 'local' and throw a word, any word at a local, and it isn't 100% exact to that local person's aboriginal dialect, they'll look at you and shrug... 

i.e. if the dude in the OP had ( come over from Cambodia) done same in LOS, asking for a ladyboy;

in what he perceives himself as correct dialect in Khmer,

the LOS driver would also feign being lost to the falang's meaning

You are right, the intonation is slightly different in Khmer:On a pub crawl in Phnom Penh, when the Barang/Farang enters a bar, he will be surrounded by the 'currently not engaged' ensemble of girls with the odd ladyboy in the middle displaying their wares and hoping to squeeze a couple of overpriced lady drinks out of you.When you then point to the ladyboy and say Katoey, they do understand and repeat it in a slightly different intonation;and the girls laugh and the Katoey gets angry. Does any Farang/barang know how the F mutated into a B ?

On 2/28/2018 at 12:23 PM, PatOngo said:

No need to look for them in Pattaya, they will find you!

No need to look for them in Pattaya, no need to travel to the Kingdom of Siam at all, as a trip to Snookyville will do the job easily