Teacher Preecha taken into police custody over Bt30-million lottery controversy

webfact

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I am not sure if you actually live in Thailand but these sellers pop up everywhere on bikes and are just about everywhere. Unless you make it a habit of buying at the same one always there is quite a chance you don't remember. I normally forget where i buy mundane things, but if something matters i remember it. However a lottery ticket is just that one of those insignificant things you buy. Because at the moment you buy it you don't know it won anything.

You might not remember the exact vendor. 

But you would remember if it was at 7/11 or outside the local massage parlour. 

Anyways, there are 5 of these cases all with the same theme. There's a scam going on with the lotteries. But nobody wants to talk about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

You might not remember the exact vendor. 

But you would remember if it was at 7/11 or outside the local massage parlour. 

Anyways, there are 5 of these cases all with the same theme. There's a scam going on with the lotteries. But nobody wants to talk about it. 

Large amounts of cash, police involved, scams - whatever could you mean!

• Haha 1

Without really seeing or hearing all the evidence... who knows?  But I have no doubt the police and officials are capable of striking back hard as they did, to defend their "face".  And it seems odd that the article opens saying the teacher had been initially ruled as the owner?

Thais know the winning numbers as soon as they are announced. If the teacher thought he had won, but had lost the ticket, he would have gone to the authorities within a couple of hours of the results being broadcast.

There  is probably a bit of s--gg--g going on too. Someone will spill the beans before long.

My money is on the poor cop winning this one.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I don't know why people are going after the cop in this case? As if teacher in Thailand is somehow a more honorable profession.

Generally speaking, cops here have a very, very poor image and they have absolutely nobody else but themselves to blame for that. 

Teachers on the other hand, although not perfect, do enjoy/have enjoyed a more positive image.