Video: Father says he'll fork out only 5,000 baht for spoiled brat's car outrage

webfact

Video: Father says he'll fork out only 5,000 baht for spoiled brat's car outrage

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CCTV footage from Lam Luk Ka, Pathum Thani showed the son of a landlord seriously damaging a car belonging to a renter of one of his father's properties.

The renter went to the landlord for recompense saying that the damage was 50,000 baht.

But the father offered him only 5,000 baht.

If he wanted more he was told to take the matter to court.

The story was reported by Sanook after the footage was shared to the popular Mem Pho Dam page.

The renter appealed for help in the matter.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-01

32 minutes ago, lust said:

Strong candidates for sterilization/euthanization program.

Yeah.  The nerve of that pesky car owner demanding compensation.  Does he know who he's messing with?

Oh, you mean the other guys...  My bad.  Common mistake here in LOS, though.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

Take 'em to the cleaners. Apart from the damage repair add legal fees and a car rental for the period and, by all means, go public all over the social media platforms of this country. 

And, if you intend to move out (which might be on the cards now) make sure that you stop paying rent in accordance with your deposit. At the end you then just have to pay for utilities and agreed damages; might teach the clown a lesson 

• Like 1

so move out.

when you do, take the furniture.

and the toilet and sink.

and the floor tiles.

and the exposed cables and wiring.

oh, and the interior walls, as well.

leave it an empty husk to match the

landlord's evil heart.

8 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

A lot of these apartment owner/managers consider the deposit to be some sort of gift, it always entails a fight, arguments, and unpleasantness to get it back. This on top of having to pay twice the going rate for electricity, 8, or even 10 Baht a unit sometimes. Just a bunch of criminals really.

Agreed a lot are but they are not all crooks.  I only got caught once.  The next property I rented (the last) I planned well ahead.  I paid rent every month on the dot without fail and via bank transfer so there was a solid paper trail.  I let them know well in advance when I was leaving, in writing and via EMS so I had proof.  I calculated it out and told them I would pay no more rent to save them returning the bond.  They were not pleased at all.  They sent people around on a number of occasions before I left, to check for any damages.  They were desperate to find anything to charge us for but my wife keeps a house as neat as a pin.  People came around on our last day to collect the keys and again inspect the place...no problems.  They rang a couple of times after we left saying there was unpaid water and power bills.  I asked for their claim in writing saying I would supply receipts by return to show it was not correct.  Never heard another thing.

However I can also see their side somewhat.  The previous tenants, a English/Thai couple, had done a midnight runner owing 3 months rent.  They did it 6 or 7 times (that I know of) over the 10 years I worked at the same school nearby.  Another couple (farang) who rented this same property years before me actually ripped out the air conditioners and sold them after they were told they wouldnt get their bond back.  They also worked for the same school.  I was surprised the landlord let me have the lease after I had heard his history with farang school teachers!!?

22 hours ago, petermik said:

Now I understand who the son gets his behavior from......:sad:

A bit of truth here: " "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."

The video shows an adult male (aka the son of the landlord then)....so what exactly does the father need to pay for? Hold that "kid" accountable for his actions. End of story albeit a headache for the car owner with all the work that needs to be done.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:55 AM, Sydebolle said:

Take 'em to the cleaners. Apart from the damage repair add legal fees and a car rental for the period and, by all means, go public all over the social media platforms of this country. 

And, if you intend to move out (which might be on the cards now) make sure that you stop paying rent in accordance with your deposit. At the end you then just have to pay for utilities and agreed damages; might teach the clown a lesson 

Make sure there are 50,000 in rental damages and offer 5,000.