Anti-Thaksin Yellowshirt Party To Be Revived With Anti-Corruption Mandate

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Rob reducing the NACC budget from 1.6 B to 1.3 B is hardly half. Now that they budget has been increased substancially to 2 B by the junta, you think NACC has improved their efficiency? There are cases dating back 10 years. Since 1999, they only manage evidence for 1/3 out of 3,233 cases and only about 100 convictions. You think that high budget justify their performance? Be honest with your reply please. 

I think the NACC should get a lot more effective and did a piss poor performance. That is my gripe with police NACC ect they are so slow and it almost never works. That being said.. reducing their budget would only make them perform worse. 

This was just punishment for the NACC for going after the PTP, nothing else.

Now be honest, a budget cut this big would not improve anything.. only make things worse.. yes or no.. don't lie and reply to it

Below they are taling about 60% so do give me a link, about your figures. I cant give a link as this paper is outlawed here but put the phrase in google and you will find it.

Sirilaksana Khoman, the NACC’s chairwoman for the prevention of economic sector corruption, said the agency’s budget has been cut by 60% from 1 billion baht in previous years.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, robblok said:

Different indexes show different Things.. your not even showing Thaksin his time in power

Look at the graph and his reign of power 2001 till 2006 look how it rises. Higher then at any other graph (though its a bit unclear how they compare the 2 different scales)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

5a935a7714ddd_ThaiCorruption.jpg.466a4792d854967a5765194e01636e98.jpg

Yabbut, in that graph, 04-06, this place was booming.

Everywhere and everything had double digit growth.

Telecoms, infrastructure, roads, hospitals being built, you name it, it was booming. And with booming in SE Asia, comes the greasing of the wheels. You and I may call it corruption, to Asians it's just part of doing business. It's been like this for generations and it will still be here in 50 years time, you and I are not going to change it, nor the average Thai punter in the street.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yabbut, in that graph, 04-06, this place was booming.

Everywhere and everything had double digit growth.

Telecoms, infrastructure, roads, hospitals being built, you name it, it was booming. And with booming in SE Asia, comes the greasing of the wheels. You and I may call it corruption, to Asians it's just part of doing business. It's been like this for generations and it will still be here in 50 years time, you and I are not going to change it, nor the average Thai punter in the street.

Corruption is a percentage.. so even with booming they got more but they added even more percent to the basic payment stealing even more. Can only imagine how corrupt the guy was and how much he made. 

That its been like this is not disputed but the amount (percentage) has increased a lot under Thaksins time. Had that stayed the same the graph would not have gone up. So whatever you say he was worst took the most. 

Given your reasoning we could say democracy is not important has not always been here and more often then not limited... so should that stay that way or should we strive for improvement. Same goes for corruption.. you should strive for improvement.. not increase it.