Speed limit and fees??

ardokano

Hi to all. Long time not be....

How is everyone's?

:)

What happened in Thailand? Today stopped by police on my moped... Because is  !!!! Over speed limits!!! On moped 390cc how is??? Is have camera. Shooting in back??? So now in Thailand its no more "life"... Car overpriced. For car many cameras.... What wrong with Thailand????:(((

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

..and what was the posted limit if not 80 kph and what speed did they say you were doing? What were all the other vehicles doing?

I see you were away from Chiang Mai in Sriracha.

Yes I am away from Chiang Mai:)

Stop few bike... And car. Ofcouse I am not drive 80 its be may be 150  police give me ticket 120 km up. Say its must be 90kmh ... So now what wrong? Have now cameras in Thailand shot in back? And sure its be by hand shot , so must be not on back. So can't see my plate. So how police is proofed?

1 minute ago, johng said:

So you admit to speeding 150 kph top speed is 120 on motorway where bikes are not even allowed

Just pay the 400 baht fine and forget about it.

No.. Its be 90 limit. Police say 120 up.. But I drive 140 up sure maybe 150 up... Ofcouse I pay( its 500 in ticket) I am just ask what wrong  with Thailand now?  I am ride 60000 km in past 3 years by bike and moped. And its first happened. I resigned myself to the fact that in Thailand, expensive cars. I resigned myself to the fact that the cameras have been installed and do not drive much in the car. but what do we do now? I'm asking. now motorcyclists are fined for speed too? :(

8 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Yes I am away from Chiang Mai:)

Stop few bike... And car. Ofcouse I am not drive 80 its be may be 150  police give me ticket 120 km up. Say its must be 90kmh ... So now what wrong? Have now cameras in Thailand shot in back? And sure its be by hand shot , so must be not on back. So can't see my plate. So how police is proofed?

Somewhere there was a guy with a radar/laser detector. You passed him but did not notice, maybe, a guy sat under an umbrella or in the shadows somewhere just out of line of sight on a bend in the road. He radios your description to the guy(s) that stopped you. 

If you got a ticket pay it where ever it says before you go back to Chiang Mai.

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Somewhere there was a guy with a radar/laser detector. You passed him but did not notice, maybe, a guy sat under an umbrella or in the shadows somewhere just out of line of sight on a bend in the road. He radios your description to the guy(s) that stopped you. 

If you got a ticket pay it where ever it says before you go back to Chiang Mai.

I just curiosity. What proof have? Yes ofcouse have guys with radar. Even I know where is it. On car I am reduce speed this is place. But on bike... Not have plate. Only on back.  

If you ask they will show you the guy under the umbrella. But it is his word against yours. They don't do it by license plate they just say the guy on the orange mocy, yellow jacket, red helmet. Or whatever you were wearing. Or "I can't see the plate, it is hidden"

Cars they might use license plates if the guy has binoculars as all Camrys look the same. 

In Bangkok they wait at the toll booth and the guy with the umbrella could be 2kms back. 

Just 400 baht. Just consider it your turn to pay.

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If you ask they will show you the guy under the umbrella. But it is his word against yours. They don't do it by license plate they just say the guy on the orange mocy, yellow jacket, red helmet. Or whatever you were wearing. Or "I can't see the plate, it is hidden"

Cars they might use license plates if the guy has binoculars as all Camrys look the same. 

In Bangkok they wait at the toll booth and the guy with the umbrella could be 2kms back. 

Just 400 baht. Just consider it your turn to pay.

Just 400?  Its 500 in tickets :). But not about  this is talking. If pay few time a week 400-500 its costly for me. I am poor guy :(((

PS

I am already cancel few ticket in 2017 because its not proof... And 2 ticket pay 200 per ticket because of missis... If not she.. I am not pay to.. :)

Er, i no unnerstan your ploblem.

You speed. 150 in a 90?  150 in a 120?

Whats the deal? You pay, and next week you'll pay again if you do the same shit again.

Here's my suggestion - it says 90 in a built up area, i'd stick to 90.

Problem solved...

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Er, i no unnerstan your ploblem.

You speed. 150 in a 90?  150 in a 120?

Whats the deal? You pay, and next week you'll pay again if you do the same shit again.

Here's my suggestion - it says 90 in a built up area, i'd stick to 90.

Problem solved...

90 it's every where.. Only on motorway 120. But on motorway not allowed bikes.. My problems is now in Thailand stops moped for speed? How often? And how they proof speed? Have shot in back cameras?  Anywhere problems its  not solved, if every time need pay 500 ...in past not have this problem...:((

It is 90 everywhere but mostly no body cares. If you ride into a town even if it is a four lane road with service roads the limit is still 80 so you slow down from 150 to 80-ish or follow the traffic ride through town and then go back to whatever... Nearly every town has a traffic light so you might have to stop anyway.  Your chance of getting stopped  increases if you ride through/near towns at 150. 

But you may have inadvertently discovered  that Sriracha has become a new hotspot for motorbike tickets as the motorway from Chonburi to Pattaya is or will soon be closed to motorbikes. 

Not much choice, just pay.

I've been stopped loads of times and I can't argue about the speed they said I was doing - they're normally spot on (what my speedo says minus 5-10%). It will have been some cop with a radar a kilometre up the road under a tree that caught you.

The only time I thought it was a bit dodgy was when I was blasting down to Koh Chang for the weekend, just past Klaeng. A cop signaled me over and asked to see my licence, then demanded 200 Baht from me for speeding. He had no speed gun and it was just him on his own. So I asked him how fast I was going, he just smiled and said "Too Fast". I paid 200 Baht and left - in fairness I was going about 160 kph so he was right about the "Too Fast" bit, even though the fine was clearly going towards his next beer. Better than 100+ pounds fine and 6 points on my licence.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Not much choice, just pay.

I've been stopped loads of times and I can't argue about the speed they said I was doing - they're normally spot on (what my speedo says minus 5-10%). It will have been some cop with a radar a kilometre up the road under a tree that caught you.

The only time I thought it was a bit dodgy was when I was blasting down to Koh Chang for the weekend, just past Klaeng. A cop signaled me over and asked to see my licence, then demanded 200 Baht from me for speeding. He had no speed gun and it was just him on his own. So I asked him how fast I was going, he just smiled and said "Too Fast". I paid 200 Baht and left - in fairness I was going about 160 kph so he was right about the "Too Fast" bit, even though the fine was clearly going towards his next beer. Better than 100+ pounds fine and 6 points on my licence.

Just back of on Germany 250+ not any fine not any points;)

But I am just open topic because in past in Thailand not take any fine  speed limit for bike. Just may be as you say  200 pocket money for "to fast". And it isn't normal . So how is often happened?

30 plus yrs ago I could ride a bike round din daeng with no helmet doing wheelies by the adult school,

Racing each other along a stretch.

Can’t do that now and wouldn’t want to.

Times change

You doing 150 on sukumvit round SRI racha is asking for trouble.

I don’t go over 100 on that stretch in my car

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

25 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Yes there is still unlimited speed on some "Autobahns"     you get caught doing 250+ on any UK motorway

I think its instant driving ban.

28 minutes ago, ardokano said:

So how is often happened?

Quite often and increasingly so with more and more speed cameras on the  motor/tollways

they even post the fine with photo of the offence to your home address ..well the vehicles registered owners address.. don't know if you can claim you where not the driver.

Although the Thai license supposedly does have a points system.. dont think its used..just fines or jail time for big offenses.

Quite often and increasingly so with more and more speed cameras on the  motor/tollways
they even post the fine with photo of the offence to your home address ..well the vehicles registered owners address.. don't know if you can claim you where not the driver.

Although the Thai license supposedly does have a points system.. dont think its used..just fines or jail time for big offenses.

They have a points system, it's just not used.

People moaning about a 500 Bhat fine and no points are having a laugh.

In the UK it's 3+ points and heavy fine at least £100 plus your insurance goes up.

Yes I know UK and Thailand are different but they are catching up with the West and see a easy way of raising revenue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, johng said:

Recently got in the mail a speeding ticket 123 kph in a 90 zone. 500B fine. When I went to Krung Thai Bank to pay they wanted my passport info. It seems they are finally able to use use computers and record your tickets.

blimey!  120Kph plus.  I don't do that on my Africa Twin unless it's on dirt and away from the chaos.

It seems like you're admitting you were speeding but curious as to how they know.  Based on your admittance, just accept that they knew and slow down!

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

Recently got in the mail a speeding ticket 123 kph in a 90 zone. 500B fine. When I went to Krung Thai Bank to pay they wanted my passport info. It seems they are finally able to use use computers and record your tickets.

Yes they can. Last time I renewed my 5 year licence they saw the fines I had paid during those 5 years (well the official ones anyway) and I was pulled to one side and sent to a smallish room with about 20 other guys to watch a Lakorn style TV soap/show about some guy who speeds every day in his chavved up Toyota and ends up hurting his son/daughter in a car crash. Obviously if you pay the "unofficial" fine to the cop and don't get a ticket then this can be avoided.

Surprisingly, the last couple of tickets I got in the car my girlfriend went to pay the fine at the roadside tent and presented her licence for the ticket even though they could clearly see I was driving - they didn't care. So I guess she'll have to watch it next time.

2 hours ago, ardokano said:

But I am just open topic because in past in Thailand not take any fine  speed limit for bike. Just may be as you say  200 pocket money for "to fast". And it isn't normal . So how is often happened?

They have been taken speed fines for bikes, i had one too on my ninja 650.. solution.. just pay it or don't drive so fast.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Yes cameras now its a lot. But cameras not shot in back. I have some "happy" mail with may photo.. But its be by car... But bike. Its to sad:(((

4 hours ago, johng said:

Yes, there were two photos. One with my car and speed. The other a close-up of my license plate. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

They have been taken speed fines for bikes, i had one too on my ninja 650.. solution.. just pay it or don't drive so fast.

Its not to fast... Pay its yes... But... Its sad

1 minute ago, ardokano said:

Its not to fast... Pay its yes... But... Its sad

Its normal, break the law pay the fine. I drive too fast at times too with my car or bike but I don't moan about it and accept i was wrong and pay. 

Archived