Phuket airport cleaner rewarded after returning wallet containing over B500k in cash

snoop1130

Phuket airport cleaner rewarded after returning wallet containing over B500k in cash

Eakkapop Thongtub

1519982547_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The Director of Phuket International Airport Petch Chancharoen today (Mar 2) rewarded an airport toilet cleaner who returned a wallet containing over B500,000 in cash and cards that she found and returned to the rightful owner earlier this week.

On Tuesday (Feb 27), Duangtawan Chuaiseng, who was cleaning a male toilet on the third floor of the international terminal when she found a wallet. Ms Duangtawan handed the wallet to a member of the airport’s public relation team.

The wallet contained more than B500k and Yuan in cash and an ID card belonging to a Li Xiaofei was also found inside the wallet.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-cleaner-rewarded-after-returning-wallet-containing-over-b500k-in-cash-66171.php#hkyUQKglu16Skyd0.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-3-2
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if customs kept the money because it was the international terminal and that's probably more than you're allowed to carry in or out of the country without reporting it. 

And if they didn't- they missed a great opportunity...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I wouldn't be surprised if customs kept the money because it was the international terminal and that's probably more than you're allowed to carry in or out of the country without reporting it. 

And if they didn't- they missed a great opportunity...

It's 20k $US I think, so he wouldn't need to declare it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, johncat1 said:

So the director of the airport rewarded her but not the owner of the money ? 

Juan, isn't that China money? Chinese don't reward such acts in their culture, is what I suspect.