Time Frame For A Marriage Visa

I am leaving the USA on the 26th for my move to thailand. I have my non-o visa from the embassy stamped in my passport. Will be applying for the visa based on marriage to a thai. How long is the average time to receive a visa based on mariage? Just tring to get a feel for how long I should expect to wait.

thanks

You already have your visa based on marriage. There is no other visa that you would qualify for based on marriage. What you can do when you have between 30 and 21 days remaining on your 90 day permitted to stay stamp is to visit immigration and apply for a one year extension of stay. For that you will require, other than normal wife/marriage proof/id, photos and passport will be proof of 40k baht monthly family income over the last 3 months. This process can take one to three months on average. Once issued it will be valid until one year from the time of your initial entry into Thailand. Once application is made you will have to make 90 day address reports and obtain a re-entry permit prior to any travel outside of Thailand. Extension itself is renewed with same 40k proof each year.

The requirement is 40k baht per month family income with a three month record. For Thai source income that would be tax receipts for the previous three months from reports. Have not seen reports for foreign income but believe it would be Embassy letter/supporting documents as in other extension of stay cases.

Hi Lop,

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to change my multi entry B visa to a married to a Thai o visa so this will make life easier. Do i have to start to put 40K per month into my Thai bank account prior to making the application?

Sorry i am a little confused on this issue.

Cheers Rick