U.S. evangelist Graham 'followed Jesus all the way to heaven,' son says

rooster59

11 hours ago, Beats56 said:

There is some sick people here that have no idea of people he led.to Christ. Millions and you think the millions that was donated was for him. Well think again. Hé lived a humble life. The money is used for his ministry. If he did wrong he will answer for it. How about you.

What will you say when you get there.

I will give him my note book which has all the donations I have ever made and say"add that lot up mate"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

I hope that he has been brushing up on his Aramaic....the notion that God speaks (or spoke) Greek,Latin and Alabamian appears to be a quaint one...

I thought he spoke English with a Jiddish accent.

Edited by soalbundy

19 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I thought he spoke English with a Jiddish accent.

You did?

I thought he kinda looks blonde haired and blue eyes and spoke with a midwestern accent.

Who was the Greek philosopher who said "If horses had gods they would look like horses.."?

I've found it (wiki);it was Xenophanes circa 500 BC.

Clever chaps the Greeks...

Edited by Odysseus123

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You did?

I thought he kinda looks blonde haired and blue eyes and spoke with a midwestern accent.

Who was the Greek philosopher who said "If horses had gods they would look like horses.."

What about if Gods had horses, would they speak Horseis? 

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What about if Gods had horses, would they speak Horseis? 

Oh no...they would all speak like Mr Ed....

Very fortunately we do not need to go too deeply into metaphysics here for all you really need is the Good Book and a decent quack.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Oh no...they would all speak like Mr Ed....

Very fortunately we do not need to go too deeply into metaphysics here for all you really need is the Good Book and a decent quack.

of course, of course!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beats56 said:

There is some sick people here that have no idea of people he led.to Christ. Millions and you think the millions that was donated was for him. Well think again. Hé lived a humble life. The money is used for his ministry. If he did wrong he will answer for it. How about you.

I would like to see a picture of this humble mans house and car, no doubt his son will know what to do with the 25 million

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I'll not be going there and I wouldn't want to if it was at all possible. 

Don't even know what religion he was involved in and don't really want to know. Some sort of Christian thing possibly. Jewish or Catholic stuff? Definately not Muslim.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I'll not be going there and I wouldn't want to if it was at all possible. 

Don't even know what religion he was involved in and don't really want to know. Some sort of Christian thing possibly. Jewish or Catholic stuff? Definately not Muslim.

The religion of Billy Graham

• Like 1

Only 25 million? That is quite low if you consider he was for a long time the most famous non Catholic Christian in the world. I imagine his book sales alone would have come close to the 25 mil mark. Certainly a dishonest man would have accumulated much more in that huge time frame, with all that influence and popularity. 

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Only 25 million? That is quite low if you consider he was for a long time the most famous non Catholic Christian in the world. I imagine his book sales alone would have come close to the 25 mil mark. Certainly a dishonest man would have accumulated much more in that huge time frame, with all that influence and popularity. 

He shouldn't have accumulated anything other than an average wage if he was an honest man, power corrupts, he may have even believed in what he was preaching in the beginning but the green stuff has such an allure, 'you want salvation, I'm your man.' Didn't Jesus say that heaven is neither here nor there, it is within each of you, that comes from the depths of the ancient teachings of which he may well of been aware. Although he was a Jew he was anti establishment and hierarchy much the same as Buddha who was against the building of temples and images in his name, but sheep need a ram to follow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He shouldn't have accumulated anything other than an average wage if he was an honest man, power corrupts, he may have even believed in what he was preaching in the beginning but the green stuff has such an allure, 'you want salvation, I'm your man.' Didn't Jesus say that heaven is neither here nor there, it is within each of you, that comes from the depths of the ancient teachings of which he may well of been aware. Although he was a Jew he was anti establishment and hierarchy much the same as Buddha who was against the building of temples and images in his name, but sheep need a ram to follow.

"but sheep need a ram."

They also require a shepherd to shear them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

What's the average wage for a guy who wrote 32 books and did international speaking tours for decades?

23 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

What's the average wage for a guy who wrote 32 books and did international speaking tours for decades?

but, but, but, he didn't do that for money, it was his 'calling', he was after all only paraphrasing the 'good book' that was written by other authors 200 to 400 years after the death of the enlightened teacher, surely it was reward enough to gather the sheep into the fold,he didn't have to become obscenely rich as well, his lord and master made do with a pair of sandals and a robe, Buddha also lived from hand outs although towards the end of his life he did shack up with a rich widow, never heard about him getting a divorce though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

It should have been zilch, nadda. 

If if these guys actually believed what they preached, then the true reward is in the afterlife.

but he couldn’t have that now could he? He needed to appear every bit the All American success story so people would tithe 10% of their salary to him....for his mission of course 555

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, samran said:

It should have been zilch, nadda. 

If if these guys actually believed what they preached, then the true reward is in the afterlife.

but he couldn’t have that now could he? He needed to appear every bit the All American success story so people would tithe 10% of their salary to him....for his mission of course 555

I think what you say is correct.

Evangelism and Gordon Gecko-ism seem to go hand in hand.

Indeed there is only one definition of "successful" which can really apply-"rich" 

Have a go at this guy-the Reverend C.Dollar,no less.

Edited by Odysseus123

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

but, but, but, he didn't do that for money, it was his 'calling', he was after all only paraphrasing the 'good book' that was written by other authors 200 to 400 years after the death of the enlightened teacher, surely it was reward enough to gather the sheep into the fold,he didn't have to become obscenely rich as well, his lord and master made do with a pair of sandals and a robe, Buddha also lived from hand outs although towards the end of his life he did shack up with a rich widow, never heard about him getting a divorce though.

I used to enjoy some of the bible stories he would tell when I was a kid.

I really liked the one where some guy smote the phillipinos with the ass bone of a jaw.

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I used to enjoy some of the bible stories he would tell when I was a kid.

I really liked the one where some guy smote the phillipinos with the ass bone of a jaw.

Nothing quite like a jaw bone for getting your own way after turning the other cheek doesn't work

He preached at Earls Court in London. Towards the end his trusted  were walking down the isles, with baskets, collecting the envelopes thet were given out on the way in (hopefully with bank notes inside).

This would have been about 25/26 years ago.

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

There's nothing that Jesus said that made it mandatory for Graham to keep all or most or even a lot of the many. Buit there is a lot that Jesus said that would require him to give it all away.

• Like 2