How long until you tied the knot

Rodwalloper

There are quite a few men here in good relationships with good wives,

Same however may not be.

How long did you know your woman from the moment of meeting them until your wedding day and do you think it really makes a difference be it one week or 1 year or whatever.

Is the high failure rate somewhat due to rushing in to soon.

personally i was with mine 2 yrs before we got married, 9 years now, but i feel if we married after say 1 month, would not have made a difference.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

After getting my divorce from my first wife back home I truely and honestly never again seen a reason tp marry again.

Having said that, if it was to mean an awful lot to "she who must be obeyed" or it was convenient for leaving my estate to her after my passing, I would indeed marry her.

If I'v learned one thing during my.life it's this....."It's not all about what's best for me".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

11 years...

Still waiting to be sure....

10 years for me.

Hopefully in another 10 will make a decision.

• Like 2

Too old, too experienced to be concerned about this personally. Conditions vary, are you marrying a gov't employee (medical insurance), are you leaving all worldly resources? Are there children involved? For myself, I have found Thai partners who are not concerned about the registering of a relationship. Concern focuses on our continued feelings, treatment of each other. Being recognized by referring to them as "wife" is appreciated to demonstrate status.

10 days. married 3 years now (in Thailand). I know about 50 guys in Thailand that married - about 90% still married, I also know about 50 guys that took their wives back to the UK - ZERO are still married. So I think you may want to rephrase the question, how many still with their wives IF they went back to their own country !

Edited by RichardColeman

Just now, RichardColeman said:

10 days. married 3 years now (in Thailand). I know about 50 guys in Thailand that married - about 90% still married, I also know about 50 guys that took their wives back to the UK - ZERO are still married. So I think you may want to rehrase the question, how many still with their wives IF they went back to their own country !

You know 100 guys ?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

My Mrs is still married to a Japanese guy by thailands records. He sent wrong documents to her from Japan divorce and this now prevents us from tying the knot. Nightmare. Were in year 4.

Get a lawyer, it can be arranged with him not present... the now wife of a friend of mine did in Bangkok with the help of a lawyer

married 14 years and still not 100% sure, I waited two years and thought it would be ok, but people change and families get more greedy, and wives get more confident of their position, and then the menopause......the other morning she says '' you are lucky to have me'' and I replied ''yes and you are lucky to have me''

''what do you mean'' was her reply '' because you had three kids that I have looked after for 14 years'' ''and many people said I was brave/stupid to take it all on''

she stormed out and is now in the village I hear.....two weeks...and I wonder if it is best for me as my finances seem to be on steroids, there is always a silver lining.

Edited by zoza
sticky key
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

10 days. married 3 years now (in Thailand). I know about 50 guys in Thailand that married - about 90% still married, I also know about 50 guys that took their wives back to the UK - ZERO are still married. So I think you may want to rephrase the question, how many still with their wives IF they went back to their own country !

i know a few including myself.

wife loves Australia, loves her job as a childcare teacher will further her studies to became a kindergarten teacher.

has weeded out the crap and has a few good friends around her and most importantly has her food and thai drama on every night.

without her Thai Drama she may have split.

Edited by Rodwalloper

8 years together - very happy, but not keen on a legal marriage as I have family and property back home, and the TGF has a very large extended family. 

An interesting suggestion from her was to just have the Buddhist ceremony, as she sees this as important after 8 years together.  (50% is that she wants to wear the dress and have the photos, and 50% is how it looks to other people .... OK, make that 20%/80%, with the 80% being driven by her Mother).  She has her own businesses, so I'm not worried about her looking after herself in the longer term, and I wouldn't need marriage for immigration purposes - so seems like a good compromise?

• Like 2