Rodwalloper

2 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

5 years before married.

2 years of living together prior.

Known her for 18 years.

Been married 13 years in May.

Anything else?

You lived in sin for 2 years !!!! I am shocked.:cheesy:

Met my wife, got married 9 months later, celibate until married.

Touching was not allowed, after we marry, you can do what you want, she said, now you can do nothing.

• Like 1

I met my Thai wife in 1993 but we didn't marry until 2000 so that will be 19 years next month.

When I met her I was still married in the UK and working for a UK based company offshore. I didn't get divorced from my UK wife until 1999 and then had to arrange the wedding at a UK registry office while I was working in Paris and my Thai lady was living in Bangkok.

I could only get my UK friends to the wedding and we spent our honeymoon in Paris, Brussels, Keukenhof, the tulip capital of Holland, and Wiesbaden in Germany.

After the honeymoon she went back to BKK and I went back to Paris to get a visa sorted out for her, but I got another job in Hannover and had to start the visa process all over again.

Edited by billd766
Edited for bad spelling after I had checked and posted it
  • Like 1

Met her in 2009, then she came and stay with me in Paris for 3 months as legally she couldn't stay more than 6 months on a period of 1 year, then back to Thailand and back to france 3 months and so on for 2 years. Good to learn to know each other but anyway i decided to trust my intuition. Married in 2011. Still together living in Paris. Meeting her is the best "thing" that has happened to me. 

• Like 1

Two years was the "vetting" period...You get to know somebody,  their friends, habits, disposition, work ethic, beliefs pretty well by that time....

Couldn't find any real faults or red flags.....

All these years later, two daughters & still not a red flag.....

Couldn't imagine life without her....Never any drama, and seldom a trying moment.....

• Like 1

Mine was just a regular for about 3 years before things slowly got more serious and then a baby came along. Marriage makes parenthood easier here, especially when married to a non-Thai, so we married. The little lad is now 3, and all is going well, despite a rather large age gap[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

4 hours ago, petermik said:

And the "butt" now is.............:sorry:

Well, the butt was only one of the many things that were nice about her then. However, they all still are; she keeps herself in great shape. When she and I and our 31 year old son are out together, they think she is his girlfriend. His friends and mine think she is hot. I am quite proud of how she still looks, but that pales in comparison to what she has done and of what she is still capable.  

• Like 1

We met in January 2015. Four trips to Thailand between January and two visit visas that overlapped and we married in the UK in June 2016. I waited until I was 59 to get married for the first time and she was and is a keeper. Can't imagine life without her.

• Like 2

When I gave her a Thousand Dollars to take home to her family during Tet, and she brought $550 back.......that was 22 years ago:wai: we have been living together ever since.  BTW before anyone asks, we are still not "married" in the traditional sense - I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I am married.  I don't believe in the institution of Marraige, it has been a cash cow for so many for far too long.  I am beneficiary on her insurance, bank accounts and she is mine.  The only hangup is in Thailand - having a time getting a will for her to be beneficiary to my Condo there.  Thailand requires her to be my wife . No Problem for Vietnam, easy as pie.

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Like 1

when i got married in Udon Thani about 14 years ago there was ten Farangs

with their wives/gf in attendance.

Today there is only one bloke still with his wife/gf....yes he is rumored to be

a millionaire...he was the one with the big money....just saying