Getting Married

Hi,

I want to get married in Thailand. I've read the uk embassy website and understand I need to go and submit an affirmation to the uk embassy, get that translated into thai, and then submit that to the Thai mfa to be certified.

Can anyone tell me where I should go then to get the marriage registered, what I need to take there and how much it would cost?

Many Thanks!

It will cost a few thousand baht for the paperwork. The marriage itself is a registration procedure at any District Office and will not cost more than a few baht/lunch money. You will need the paperwork and passport, spouse will need id/home register type documents and someone who speaks both Thai and English should be available to translate the paperwork you are about to sign. Some offices will have a person available but expect a small change - otherwise any degree holder would probably be acceptable. Two witness also have to sign but normally that will be office staff (perhaps offer lunch). The Ban Rak (love district) is very much a favorite District Office in the Bangkok area as it is considered very lucky (name).

I do hope that you have thought about the marriage for longer than a few days as it can be very easy to make a mistake that may not turn out to be what you expected a little time down the road.