Another kind Pattaya German - and this one sure loves even the mangiest of soi dogs!

webfact

1 hour ago, Card said:

Nope. Germans are famous for it - especially in Thailand.

They have been known to love a dog more than 6 million people - Blondie comes to mind.

Quite a few more, actually.

Sadly , these Soi dogs should not be roaming the streets . No amount of medicines or vaccines will not stop them fouling the pavements. No good looking for someone to take them in because it very rarely happens. Families just don't have the enclosed gardens or whatever to keep them in. .... so back to the Sois they go... scavenging, peeing and pooing as they think fit. I have three dogs , all were strays, all are well fed, fit and happy to run around our 8 Rai of walled gardens...... yes ,I know I'm lucky and so are the dogs !

• Thanks 1

Well, I've just been bitten by one of these dangerous animals and I have had to go through the rather expensive vaccination process. Fingers crossed I come through it OK. I am a dog lover but there is no place for these strays. They should either be properly re-homed or destroyed if that is not possible. Rabies is a terrible disease and many of these dogs carry it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, monspencer said:

Just the other day it was reported that rabies is on the increase in Thailand, killing humans as well as other animals.

These mangy soi dogs should be put down, not saved.

.... and Chonburi was on the list of provinces where rabies is most prevalent. Rather him than me and best wishes to his neighbours.

• Like 1

''There are also about  one hundred dogs at the temple next door ' Temples and some resident monks are often criticized

for various infractions  however any person who ordains at a temple to make merit and to practice Buddhism should not have the task of looking after hundreds of unwanted animals left at temples  all over the country by uncaring owners. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Well, until herr Franz kafka would live in Pattaya or in Thailand for that matter, where soi dogs

are nothing but a nuisance and a health risk, he will rephrase his quotation....

Year of the DOG...Abandoned Soi Dogs must be rounded up and disposed of... leaving feces on walkways... disease skin and fur from eating garbage for Thais and Foreigner whom do not separate or recycle items... Plastic bags items only  used to hand over counter and seconds later walking out of 7-11 deposit plastic bag after item is taken out! Mindless people contributor funds to manage Soi Dogs a great way of getting funds like cure for Cancer...how about prevention of Cancer easy no Pharmaceutical Drug company or MD that your body is more educated in prevention and cure!...ops off subject. Oh yes dog packs at night howl in a wave...one area starts and like a wave others start... neighbor downstairs has a puppy that steals shoes left outside as normal Thais do, I like the dog and keeps the cats off my bike from claw sharpening on my seat. A mess outside the dog owners door..food spilled and now invites other dogs to eat as well ...odd shoe and slipper stolen from neighbors door... this dog female will have puppies and become a Soi Dog soon as neighbor has no responsibility puppies health and well being....