Russian tourist struck and killed crossing Pattaya road

webfact

I am driving this way every day !!!

THEY ( MOSTLY !!) ALL KILLERS !!!!! 

not first time, not last time.just nuts!!!!!!!!!!!  5 warning sings stating , cityspeed , pedestian  and so on.

MAny people crossing there. in evening some securityguard helps that people can cross, wonder that him is not killed.

I drive same quick, i hate driving here,but i drive quick where i can . BUT  like this pedestrain already i always stop for everybody , already i do it to anger the thaidrivers ( and some farang idiots)

i was already 3 time at the p[olice  with my dashcam !!!!!!!!!! no result 

Busdrivers intsead of hitting brakes ...when  i open warning lights ( i even must not do) , just pass the third prohibited lane and tueeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt , that even 1 time 2 old people jump away.... and after i try catch him,,, wnat toput my car off the street .. dashcam at police hmmmmm...no result

Pickups motorbikes same

I have one solution ... The police hit every shit car or motorbike with a truncheon on the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  or warning of a tank trap

awaiting more killings from asscoical beahviour people with no brain

not the first not the last

There is a  bridge but most  people try to  cross on the zebra crossing with obsolete traffic light.

sometimes ( very occasionally) the police do stop the traffic to let people cross the road or coaches in out of the hotel...its a very very dangerous stretch of road.

5aa338e6e216b_P_20170526_162458_HDR(Medium)(Large).jpg.c7a93a251f24a08a6913e5c9f80fb60b.jpg

2 hours ago, torrzent said:

Hard to decipher most of what you have written, but you sound dangerous, and are misusing the hazard lights.

if i not open the warning lights when i stop........i think i had minimum 20 monkeys would hit the backside of my car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even when i stop... they  

1. use the side lanes *whats prohibited) to pass with a big tuueeeeeetttt

2. theyangry  brake and open headlights and tueetttt

3. or open wiindows and jekjek in thai

no human sense and all

and nobody knows here for what are the warning lights indicators............nobody ever take a brake early if see warning lights or maybe in english warning indicators??

On 3/9/2018 at 12:24 AM, alex8912 said:

That Ambassador is like a Russian village.

What's wrong with Russian villages?
In the Russian villages there are no Sukhumvit with thai motorcyclists rushing over it.

Boris (his real name is Sergey) would have been alive now if he hadn't run across the road.
If he walked quietly, the Rampheung Thepwarin's motorcycle would slip in front of his nose, without hitting.
On 8th of March, Russians celebrate Women's Day.
In Russia on this day it is traditionally to make some gifts to women, to give them flowers.
That early morning, Sergei went to buy flowers for his woman.
He hastened to have time to bring that flowers for his sweet heart, before she wakes up, so he was in a hurry.
Guys, if you want to make surprise your beloved, keep your head cold!

Рaradox:
A Thai woman killed a Russian man on Women's Day, the moment he brought flowers to another woman ...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, balo said:

They are too lazy to use the bridge , because you have to climb the stairs, and a fat body will choose the easy way , crossing the road.

fact that most expats are at the arse end of life with bad hips, knees ,Climbing and descending those steep stairs can be physically impossible for many

Whats your obsession with obesity? You post a lot about it.  trying to deflect attention perhaps ?? :smile: I see just as many skinny as a beanpole farangs as I do chubby..pretty much like any where else.

• Confused 1

On 3/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, DefaultName said:

If there's no traffic, the norm on that stretch is about 80.  NOT doing the same speed as the rest of the road users is dangerous.

Crossing any of these roads though, your head needs to be on a swivel, we all know the level of consideration that Thai drivers will give pedestrians.  Perhaps this man was new here and expected western standards of behaviour.

RIP anyway, someone, somewhere is grieving now.

A Russian expecting Western Standards? 

Looks like the Russian victim was using the marked pedestrian crossing. It wouldn't surprise me if a car stopped to let him cross and the m/c wiped him out when he thought he was safe to cross. I have been involved in a couple of similar close misses at that exact location (being the car driver who stopped and watching other vehicles steam past on both sides).

The pedestrian bridge is about 150 metres away, in the opposite direction to where the hotel guests usually want to go (Mimosa and all the food/market stalls opposite the Ambassador entrance) so it's no surprise that it is hardly ever used. There is not, and never was (AFAIK) any demand for a pedestrian bridge in that location - it should have been built at the Ambassador entrance.

If the highways Dept, or the Ambassador owners ever get tired of seeing tourists/guests being scraped off the road, maybe they could build a new bridge - or fix the traffic lights - or issue a few traffic tickets.

The crossing ...

5aa3f82fd2308_crossing2.jpg.fe297cfa996542c60ee8da00b84c44be.jpg

And, from the opposite direction (the bridge in the distance) ...

5aa3f856a8da3_crossing1.jpg.85490a7a1bce354fd84482df4b281ffc.jpg

On 3/8/2018 at 4:21 AM, DefaultName said:

If there's no traffic, the norm on that stretch is about 80.  NOT doing the same speed as the rest of the road users is dangerous.

Crossing any of these roads though, your head needs to be on a swivel, we all know the level of consideration that Thai drivers will give pedestrians.  Perhaps this man was new here and expected western standards of behaviour.

RIP anyway, someone, somewhere is grieving now.

yeah.  Many times I have thought the coast was clear, but being from the USA the traffic directions are different and a few times I missed or didn't recognize or whatever, a vehicle coming from a direction I wasn't expecting. 

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

t wouldn't surprise me if a car stopped to let him cross and the m/c wiped him out when he thought he was safe to cross.

Probably what happened. First thing we learn here is too look left and right all the time while crossing the road. He was 60 years old and not familar with Thai traffic.

Maybe if the bridge was properly marked , maybe a sign with arrows pointing him in the right direction he would have found the bridge and be alive today. 

On 3/8/2018 at 1:31 PM, vogie said:

That stretch of road is so dangerous, there are some pedestrian crossings but they just add to the confusion, Thais will never stop at these crossings and tourist are unaware of this, it just gives a false sense of security. The only answer is at the moment is to build pedestrian bridges across that stretch of road.

there is one a very short distance away, the crossing should be blacked out and barriers put up, to stop people crossing the road and be forced to use the bridge. its a place where if you stop, no-one else will and that would cause an accident, 2 things the average Thai driver doesn't understand are zebra crossings and roundabouts.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

I could have bet a million this was going to happen...

1st there is a pedestrian bridge about 100 meters from the crossing, but only the soi dogs use it...

2nd they put a zebra crossing there too... and no one respects it... every time I drive by there I can feel death coming. 

People have got to learn one thing... in Thailand you can get as angry as you want about no one respecting the zebra crossings but that is NEVER going to change. When In Rome...

Edited by LazySlipper

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

I could have bet a million this was going to happen...

1st there is a pedestrian bridge about 100 meters from the crossing, but only the soi dogs use it...

2nd they put a zebra crossing there too... and no one respects it... every time I drive by there I can feel death coming. 

People have got to learn one thing... in Thailand you can get as angry as you want about no one respecting the zebra crossings but that is NEVER going to change. When In Rome...

You need to incentivize the pedestrian bridge.  Free vodka shots at the top if you use it.  It will probably collapse from the long queues of Russians trying to squeeze every last drop of value from system.

• 2 weeks later...

Your CAPS LOCK tends to show how strong you feel about it... angry... in my opinion. If you get angry about this then maybe you should get out of Dodge cos no one in Thailand is ever going to change their habits for some angry falang. I don't even use zebra crossings cos it makes me feel like a target.

BTW... THEY PAINTED THE ZEBRA CROSSING OVER IN BLACK...  SO THERE GOES YOUR THAI INGENUITY. And that ain't no joke. Saw that last week. So I guess people are going to have to use the Ped Bridge or make a dash for it...

Edited by Rimmer