Stat dec from Aussie embassy for retirement extension

Had a friend tell me that either the Australian embassy or Thai immigration were asking for proof of income over 65k THB a month now if you were using this to get a 1 year extension based on income rather than putting the 800k THB in the bank. Before it was simply a matter of having a stat dec witnessed at the Australian embassy and immigration would accept this without further proof.

Have any Australians had any experience with this last 6 months?

The Australian embassy put up a announcement about a year ago that supporting documents were needed to do the statutory declaration but took it down later. It has been confirmed they are not asking for the proof.

• Like 1

Additional question ..as I am about to go in on Monday to do this process .

Is the Stat Dec' they give you a standardised format that you just fill in and they sign or is is it a blank form
that you need to compose your own declaration ?
I did ring them some time ago and they told me to bring only my passport, and no need to provide evidence
of my pension etc ..when they told me the cost was 1760 baht for the Stat Dec I was a bit gob smacked .. and
forgot to ask them the rest of my queries :)

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

Is the Stat Dec' they give you a standardised format that you just fill in and they sign or is is it a blank form
I did ring them some time ago and they told me to bring only my passport, and no need to provide evidence
of my pension etc ..when they told me the cost was 1760 baht for the Stat Dec I was a bit gob smacked .. and

It's pretty much a blank form where you just add your details.

There are copies online to be found where you can print and fill in before you go if you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a977 said:

Friend got Stat Dec from Australian Embassy 7/03/2018 no proof required. Just fill out form and get witnessed also pay 1700thb. (got to pay for new building)

Yes, mine was exactly the same last October.

The point of course is that the Embassy does NOT vouch for or certify the truth of your statement of income. All it does - as with any stat dec in Oz - is witness YOUR signature. Yet it satisfies Thai Immi - they just love the stamps & the officialdom, even though it's quite meaningless.

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, mine was exactly the same last October.

The point of course is that the Embassy does NOT vouch for or certify the truth of your statement of income. All it does - as with any stat dec in Oz - is witness YOUR signature. Yet it satisfies Thai Immi - they just love the stamps & the officialdom, even though it's quite meaningless.

It's not completely meaningless. The Thais are probably aware that there can be  heavy penalties for making a false declaration, even if some of the people who sign them fail to read this warning near their signature:

"I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular."

(Note 1   A person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence, the punishment for which is imprisonment for a term of 4 years) 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:39 AM, gusincebu said:

They have the standard stat dec form with their stamp in it or you can download it from the internet. You need to fill it out, handwriting ok. Not too much detail. Not even detail of where your income is coming from only you receive 65k+ a month from Australia (or pick a figure) and a total yearly amount.  

"My income for this month is xx and my ongoing monthly amount is expected to be the same into the unforeseeable future."

Is this statement acceptable for visa application? Any body gone along these lines protecting oneself from unable to prove funds. Of course the first month's amount must be provable, but after that you couldn't be seen as breaking any rules if future income didnt match.

8 hours ago, stud858 said:

"My income for this month is xx and my ongoing monthly amount is expected to be the same into the unforeseeable future."

Is this statement acceptable for visa application? Any body gone along these lines protecting oneself from unable to prove funds. Of course the first month's amount must be provable, but after that you couldn't be seen as breaking any rules if future income didnt match.

Even that is too much detail. Do not complicate things. Simply say you have an income of XXX per month from Australia totalling XXX per year. That is enough. If you did get pinged and you don't have income simply say you have money in the bank in Australia. In any case no one is going to force the issue and check anything. The worst that can happen is they may ask you to show proof. If you don't have proof end of story and go to plan B

• Like 2

It's pretty much a blank form where you just add your details.

There are copies online to be found where you can print and fill in before you go if you want.
Pretty much exactly as reported, thank you.

I do have a further question, if anyone would like to respond..
What other documents are required by immigration when renewing retirement extension ?
Apart from the financials and current passport..
Photos / proof of residence etc or any other surprises?
I did go to jomtien to ask, after getting off the bus from bkk, but there was a line out into the car park, so I gave it a miss :(

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, gusincebu said:

Pretty much exactly as reported, thank you.

I do have a further question, if anyone would like to respond..
What other documents are required by immigration when renewing retirement extension ?
Apart from the financials and current passport..
Photos / proof of residence etc or any other surprises?
I did go to jomtien to ask, after getting off the bus from bkk, but there was a line out into the car park, so I gave it a miss :(

Might be a good idea to have on you a completed TM30 (if you haven't yet provided this form to Immigration) or its notification slip (if you have).

Might be a good idea to have on you a completed TM30 (if you haven't yet provided this form to Immigration) or its notification slip (if you have).
Thanks.. Do have that.

Can answer my own question after picking up a handout from immigration yesterday.
Required to apply Renew Extend Retirement extension.

1.TM 7 , duly completed, plus 1900 baht.

2. 2 x photograph 4x6 CM

3. Passport, plus copy of ID page and non O visa page.

4. (a) Letter from bank, no more than 3 days old, certifying a balance of 800k bt for a period of 3 months, plus copy of the bankbook Name page, and transactions for last 3 months.
Or
(B) A letter from your embassy showing pension, or other income equivalent to 65,000 bht, monthly.
Or
© a combination of both (a) and (B)
If neither alone can support the 800k / 65k requirement.
You will require a letter from both your embassy and bank.

5. A document showing your local Thai address. Rentbook, lease etc.

There was also another document that had to be signed, acknowledging that I understood the laws and penalties for overstaying.

Lodged this today, paperwork seemed to tick the boxes..
Pick up passport tomorrow.