Pattaya: The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming...back

rooster59

On 3/10/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kimber said:

Yep, fly in and enjoy yourself then fly home and plan the next fun experience. 

I've lived in Thailand, I holiday regularly there and IMO it's fantasy land for we farangs. 

Only tourists are welcome in LoS,  everything is stacked against a farang retiring there. 

Well I am retired here and know many others who are and things seem to be okay.

Have to work with a bit of aggravation now and again but there are plenty of other compensations.

I actually feel sorry for some of the tourists, herded about like sheep and spoken down to.

• Like 1

There are loads of Russians in the Jomtien area where I live.They tend to be  families with children, which is a change  from  the hundreds of old , unattractive men chasing after poor young women and sometimes men.But they rarely speak English and aren't very friendly and also tend to be mean!Thais will eventually realise the loads of Russians will  not bring a great deal of happiness for Thailand but they  will be vastly outnumbered by the Chinese in a few years!

I live in Jomtien ant really got a problem with them as long as you learn to hold your Tongue when queuing to get on the Bhat bus everything is fine. Saying that I did see a 25 year old the other day with a T-shirt of putun saying our great leader. Not sure if I will be able to hold my Tounge if I've had a few beers especially now he has just comitied a act of war against my country.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, balo said:

I can confirm that the Russians are back here in Naklua. They are walking everywhere , mix them with the Chinese and we have a complete havoc .

Some of those young Chinese girls look really fine, too. :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
I thought the Chinese were rude but NOBODY can storm a baht bus like the Russians when queuing up at second rd to head to jomtien
its more like an evacuation order to leave pattaya rather than a casual trip to their hotel

Yeah then try explaining to them that The Thai lady screaming at them wants 6 to a seat. But if you trying telling them so you can sit down they think it's your ideal to squeeze in like a Sardine. I had the bus driver give me the filthiest look a few months ago because I gave up trying to Explain to this Russian lady that he wants you to move up he thought I wasn't try to move up I nearly lost it and Jumped of the bus and hit him the look he gave me was unbelievable. Between greedy bus Drivers and Russians the politics to get on a bus is mind blowing. Now if there ant room on the back in the corners or 2 seats on one of the Benches i just wait for the next one.

You can't really blame the Average Russian for the way they are theres no other country like it in the World

This is a bit form a Book I am reading at the moment it's it throws some light on the reason they are way they are.

Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man's Fight for justice By Bill Browder

This bit is about a Man who has collapsed collapsed in the middle of the road in Moscow and everybody was ignoring him and he got out of his car to help

"Somebody must have called an emergency number because just then three police cars arrived. Shockingly, the officers paid no attention to the man and started thumping across the sidewalk looking for someone to blame. After hearing me speak in English and concluding I was a foreigner, they moved on to the Russians in the crowd who’d gathered around. The cops then converged on Alexei, whom they accused of hitting the man with our car. The injured man, who was at this point completely conscious,conscious, tried to explain that he hadn’t been hit and that Alexei was trying to help, but the police ignored him. They demanded Alexei’s documents and forced him to puff into a Breathalyzer. They then had a heated argument with Alexei that lasted fifteen minutes. Finally, when they were satisfied that nothing was wrong, they got back in their squad cars and drove off. The man thanked us and got into an ambulance that had arrived while Alexei was speaking with the police, and we piled back into the Blazer.As we drove off, Alexei explained why he’d been so reluctant to help, as Elena translated: “This is what always happens in Russia. It doesn’t matter if that guy was even hit or not. Once the police get involved, they will blame someone and that’s the end of the story.”
Thankfully, because Alexei had been a colonel in the traffic police, he was able to extricate himself. But for the average Muscovite, a single act of Good Samaritan–ship could lead to a seven-year prison sentence. And every Russian knew this.
This was the story of Russia."

Can't really blame them for not queuing can we when they live in a world like this

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Yeah then try explaining to them that The Thai lady screaming at them wants 6 to a seat. But if you trying telling them so you can sit down they think it's your ideal to squeeze in like a Sardine. I had the bus driver give me the filthiest look a few months ago because I gave up trying to Explain to this Russian lady that he wants you to move up he thought I wasn't try to move up I nearly lost it and Jumped of the bus and hit him the look he gave me was unbelievable. Between greedy bus Drivers and Russians the politics to get on a bus is mind blowing. Now if there ant room on the back in the corners or 2 seats on one of the Benches i just wait for the next one.

You're approaching this the wrong way, culturally speaking.

The way to get a seat on a baht bus that a Russian is hogging is to just sit on them. Yes, I'm serious. It works. 

You're approaching this the wrong way, culturally speaking.
The way to get a seat on a baht bus that a Russian is hogging is to just sit on them. Yes, I'm serious. It works. 
I might try that on some of those Russian babes there but there husbands will probably knock me out.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I might try that on some of those Russian babes there but there husbands will probably knock me out.

I understand the fear factor but I've not had any problem sitting on any gender of Russian. They're bullies. Worse than that, they don't even think about it. They're WIRED that way culturally. All they respect is being as rude as they are. The most common reaction I've gotten is shock that someone didn't think their hogging was normal, never even a hint that I was going to be punched. I hate that they make me be that rude, but I won't put up with their piggishness on the buses. You also need to be as rude as them (or ruder) to board the buses sometimes. Otherwise you could be waiting all night. 

To be clear, I give them a chance to scoot over without sitting on them. They can see me coming, they can see I intend to sit down, and I think many of them understand Excuse me. But more often or not, they aren't even aware of other people than their own party. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I understand the fear factor but I've not had any problem sitting on any gender of Russian. They're bullies. All they respect is being as rude as they are. I hate that they make me be that rude, but I won't put up with their piggishness on the buses. 

Sounds like the CTA in Chicago, but birds of a different feather infest that public transport.

The most awkward experiences when claiming a seat that Russians are hogging is when you actually sit between people that are together. It's not always easy to see who is with who. Then the shock reaction is often more intense. Oh well! If you're together, bloody sit close to each other, OK?

• Like 1

It's the way they spread their legs, the Russians . I always try to make myself small inside  a baht bus because I know it will get crowded. So sometimes I have to push the Russian legs , female or male , no reaction from them , like they are zombies, you never know....

2 minutes ago, balo said:

It's the way they spread their legs, the Russians . I always try to make myself small inside  a baht bus because I know it will get crowded. So sometimes I have to push the Russian legs , female or male , no reaction from them , like they are zombies, you never know....

Sounds like an potentially interesting clam show.

The Russian guys like to hang off the back of the baht bus some nursing a tall chang whilst there partners sit inside and then continue to have a conversion LOUDLY all the way to Jomtien. Seriously what is so important they cant shut up for 15 mins?