Why do all bar girls look exactly the same?

dfdgfdfdgs

At some point they clearly all think to themselves, I'm going to cake myself in makeup, bleach my hair, get 5 tattoos, maybe a piercing or two and some surgery if I need it.

I'm interested why and when this thought process happens?  Before or after they start working in a bar?  Why do they want to look exactly the same as all the others?  Do they not realise when they are walking around the street in the daytime, they look like a prostitute and most people are thinking that they look like a prostitute?  Or do they realise but not care?  Why the short skirts that only cover a third of their bum cheeks (when they are not working)?  I know Thailand is hot but they're not doing it to get extra ventilation.  Do they only own these sort of clothes i.e. they buy so many for work and don't spend any money on normal clothes?

Has anybody ever met a genuinely pretty bar girl (without the makeup)?  I'm hardly an expert but it's my theory that most of the genuinely pretty girls selling themselves seem to be doing it online as a freelance prostitute, or in a more discreet roundabout 'dating' way where they procure a salary from guys who they simply <deleted> once in a while.

6 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I'm hardly an expert but it's my theory that most of the genuinely pretty girls selling themselves seem to be doing it online as a freelance prostitute, or in a more discreet roundabout 'dating' way where they procure a salary from guys who they simply <deleted> once in a while.

Claims to be 'hardly an expert' but already knows where the pretty ones are.

Did you get all excited while making up that "short skirts that only cover a third of their bum cheeks" bit as well?

Thanks!

• Like 2

It's a decent point. When the holidays happen Issan does get a bit more colourful as a lot of the ladies from bars come home and you notice a lot of new make up faces and clothes which reveal a bit more. I think it's peer group pressure. A way for one friend to earn a commission by persuading girls to get tattoos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why do most of the tourist have a beer gut, wear wife beaters, shorts and flip flops?

You mean why do most of the tourists that you saw the last time you got out of the house a long time ago have a beer gut, wear wife beaters, shorts and flip flops?

The Chinese, Russians and Indians may not be exactly svelte but they do dress better.... well, except the Russians maybe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why do most of the tourist have a beer gut, wear wife beaters, shorts and flip flops?

Well they don't.  Most of the tourists go down south and are 25 years old or families.  But anyway I take your point.  Most of the type of tourists you talk about are forced to come here to get sex/a girlfriend because of the beer gut and their general appearance, no?

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

It's a decent point. When the holidays happen Issan does get a bit more colourful as a lot of the ladies from bars come home and you notice a lot of new make up faces and clothes which reveal a bit more. I think it's peer group pressure. A way for one friend to earn a commission by persuading girls to get tattoos.

In your bit of Isaan maybe. In my bit, they come home, double wrap like ninja's and go help on the rice farm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Most of the type of tourists you talk about are forced to come here to get sex/a girlfriend because of the beer gut and their general appearance, no?

And thus the real thrust of the OP is revealed... Thai hookers and their sad punters.

twas ever thus.

Just now, NanLaew said:

And thus the real thrust of the OP is revealed... Thai hookers and their sad punters.

twas ever thus.

The OP was and continues to be about bar girls.  I have no current interest in talking about the people who have sex with them, that's not what the topic is about.  If somebody else mentions punters, as they did, I'll reply to it if it's relevant.

I don't know, it's a theory like I said, read it properly.

We did and you specifically said.

18 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

...most of the genuinely pretty girls selling themselves seem to be doing it online as a freelance prostitute...

So your 'theory' was based on what now?

• Haha 1

Refusing to read threads before commenting on them and then calling the poster a troll when he points out your mistake.  It's not great foruming sir, I'll be frank.

You be Frank and I'll be Ernest.

Happy?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Refusing to read threads before commenting on them and then calling the poster a troll when he points out your mistake.  It's not great foruming sir, I'll be frank.

You can be who you like sir......someone who is "hardly an expert" then goes onto to stereotype Bar Girls for a response is a troll. 

Edited by Kadilo

Not sure were you are seeing these bargirls during the day as most sleep all day, get up at 3pm and get ready for work again.

I suppose the customers are ultimately dictating the bargirl look as they like the look and take them home. They dress the way that gets business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

What's "not great foruming" is posting yet another thread of one's own rather poor opinion on bar girls.

At least you could have posted it in Farang Pub where it ultimately belongs, no?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

I suppose the customers are ultimately dictating the bargirl look as they like the look and take them home. They dress the way that gets business.

But do they like it?  Really?  I think most of them look <deleted> stupid.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You mean why do most of the tourists that you saw the last time you got out of the house a long time ago have a beer gut, wear wife beaters, shorts and flip flops?

The Chinese, Russians and Indians may not be exactly svelte but they do dress better.... well, except the Russians maybe.

I get out of the house all the time as I work here.

Just now, NanLaew said:

What's "not great foruming" is posting yet another thread of one's own rather poor opinion on bar girls.

At least you could have posted it in Farang Pub where it ultimately belongs, no?

I don't think repetition is bad foruming, and anyway, mine is better.

No it belongs in general.  I don't like pubs.

8 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Well they don't.  Most of the tourists go down south and are 25 years old or families.  But anyway I take your point.  Most of the type of tourists you talk about are forced to come here to get sex/a girlfriend because of the beer gut and their general appearance, no?

No you didn't take my point, it was a stupid generalization like you did.

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You can be who you like sir......someone who is "hardly an expert" then goes onto to stereotype Bar Girls for a response is a troll. 

Had the inter-village buffalo race today. The girls looked great. I'm sure they will look great if they go to Pattaya. Dark, tattoo-less and natural Isaan girls.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2